2022 Bowl Season

Snow Plow

Guru
I am a huge Michigan fan, but congrats to TCU. I felt our QB, McCarthy, made a few mistakes but battled back at the end. I’m not sure Harbaugh and the OC called a great game, but that is par of the course in big games. JJ will be back and be a first rounder in 2024.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am a huge Michigan fan, but congrats to TCU. I felt our QB, McCarthy, made a few mistakes but battled back at the end. I’m not sure Harbaugh and the OC called a great game, but that is par of the course in big games. JJ will be back and be a first rounder in 2024.
JJ McCarthy like Max Duggan is a true dual threat qb! I love that we are seeing more whites adjust to the attempt by college and the pro
leagues to get rid of white quarterbacks. Sometimes you have to adapt but a true drop back qb still can win many super bowls.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Interesting first half. Bennett starting out a little inconsistent, but how do you not get arguably the best pass catching and running TE, Bowers, in the country more involved in the offense.

jphoss

Mentor
Herby made an actual good point about Bennett throwing to 10 receivers. He and GA would be much better off focusing on Bowers, 84, and the run game

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is Iowa the only team with a defense that can actually cover receivers and tackle ball carriers?

so many of these all-affletic defenses are simply terrible. offensive guys are running wide open due to blown/inept coverages and runners are just bouncing off tacklers ...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Herby made an actual good point about Bennett throwing to 10 receivers. He and GA would be much better off focusing on Bowers, 84, and the run game
When I used to listen to Herby regularly 20 years ago he was Cris Collinsworth bad. But he's improved quite a bit (even Collinsworth has improved some). On both the NFL games and college games he's much quicker to acknowledge White athleticism.

I saw a jersey on the OSU sideline with "Herbstreit" on it. Maybe Herbstreit and Collinsworth experiencing the Caste System in real life when it comes to their precious offspring has helped to change their outlook some.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
is Iowa the only team with a defense that can actually cover receivers and tackle ball carriers?

so many of these all-affletic defenses are simply terrible. offensive guys are running wide open due to blown/inept coverages and runners are just bouncing off tacklers ...
Well JC, I was kind of thinking that myself, but OSU and Stroud did put 54 on Iowa earlier in the season. Hawkeye's defense was pretty good against everyone else.
When a team's QB is not getting pressured and has an eternity to find a receiver, just about anyone can be a good QB. Georgia not consistently getting any pressure on Stroud.

Snow Plow

Guru
JJ McCarthy like Max Duggan is a true dual threat qb! I love that we are seeing more whites adjust to the attempt by college and the pro
leagues to get rid of white quarterbacks. Sometimes you have to adapt but a true drop back qb still can win many super bowls.
Yes, plus he is a great kid. Root for him next year with his star freshmen RB, Cole Cabana, and his defensive counterparts, Mason Graham and Braiden McGregor!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Huge sack. Let's go Bulldogs!

Yes, plus he is a great kid. Root for him next year with his star freshmen RB, Cole Cabana, and his defensive counterparts, Mason Graham and Braiden McGregor!
I'm really excited for next year. TCU will be loaded again and Cole Cabana has the talent to be the next Will Shipley. Don't want to
rush him in his first year but his speed, shiftiness and ability to cut on a dime and explode are sure to make alot of sportscenter hilights.

Congrats to Georgia. What a performance by Stetson Bennett. He threw for just under 400 yards! Amazing and so clutch!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Huge sack. Let's go Bulldogs!
So right at the dawn of 2023 (on the east coast at least) the Ohio State kicker misses by a wide margin. Dawgs win.

TCU vs Georgia is the best possible outcome considering the options.

jphoss

Mentor
Did anyone else catch Fowler having an out of body experience when he called Bowers one of the most athletic players in college football. it was after he made that game saving a fourth down conversion by using great awareness and body control to keep himself in bounds so he could stretch for the first down. it’s plays like that combining processing speed, body control, situational awareness, proprioception, and agility that demonstrate great athleticism and being a good football player; much much more so than just running in a straight line for 40 seconds in shorts

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Did anyone else catch Fowler having an out of body experience when he called Bowers one of the most athletic players in college football. it was after he made that game saving a fourth down conversion by using great awareness and body control to keep himself in bounds so he could stretch for the first down. it’s plays like that combining processing speed, body control, situational awareness, proprioception, and agility that demonstrate great athleticism and being a good football player; much much more so than just running in a straight line for 40 seconds in shorts
Yes, jphoss, and great analysis. I was watching a college game a few weeks ago, I don't remember which one, but there was play made on a fake punt where the gunner, a white player took off like he was headed down field and suddenly change direction to come back towards the line of scrimmage and the black defender had taken off as well, but didn't have the awareness, body control to make the change of direction fast enough to cover the gunner and the punter threw a perfect strike to the white player to which he caught the ball and made a first down, because of the lack of coordination, etc. of the defender.. That's why I believe the shuttle drills, change in direction are the best indication of athleticism. Speed is a great asset, but the ability to stop and change direction in the shortest amount of time is even better.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad to see UGA with the comeback win. As long as Ohio State did not make it to the championship game I am happy.

Iowa Cooper DeJean was named the Music Cities Bowl MVP. 8 tackles some nice punt returns, pick 6 and 1 pass defended. Nice.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Well JC, I was kind of thinking that myself, but OSU and Stroud did put 54 on Iowa earlier in the season. Hawkeye's defense was pretty good against everyone else.
When a team's QB is not getting pressured and has an eternity to find a receiver, just about anyone can be a good QB. Georgia not consistently getting any pressure on Stroud.
that’s an excellent point! with all the salivating over the “skill position” guys, i felt the announcers didn’t accurately comment on the situation. it was the dominance of the two offensive line units that allowed for the arena football scoring/production. the two offensive lines absolutely owned the opposition for nearly the entirety of the contest.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Purdue getting crushed today - O'Connell, Jones and Durham all opted out.

It's a shame that both Walker Howard and Garrett Nussmeier seem content to stay at LSU.

icsept

Master
Woke up from a nap to watch Tulane’s QB lead the game winning drive, including clutch runs and 4th down conversions.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As anyone here watching the Rose Bowl. It's been a good game so far and they are tied at 14-14 mid 3rd quarter?

Cameron Rising is a great dual threat qb and has been all year long. He has already rushed 8 times for 47 yards.

Rocky B

Master
As anyone here watching the Rose Bowl. It's been a good game so far and they are tied at 14-14 mid 3rd quarter?

Cameron Rising is a great dual threat qb and has been all year long. He has already rushed 8 times for 47 yards.
I’m watching.....Not doing much for me....DB Cole Bishop had a couple nice plays.....Snoozer....I used to be a PSU fan, then they took down JoePa’s statue and the new coach went SEC on us......

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I heard on the broadcast that Sean Clifford received a hula bowl invite, that's low on the rankings in terms of the post season draft circuit bowl games. I would have figured he was going to get a Shrine bowl invite...perhaps he still will. He's been inconsistent at times during his PSU tenure but overall should be getting more respect during the draft process.

icsept

Master
I guess this is the pace for the National Championship game? 1 one White defender, and 7 Whites on starting offense. 8/44, not too interesting.