2022 Baltimore Ravens

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Ravens can always be counted on to be a strongly Caste team under John Harbaugh and this year is no exception. Baltimore starts 3 Whites on the o-line, the great Mark Andrews is the tight end, and FB Patrick Ricard makes it a fifth White starter though he is not on the field much and has all of 2 rushes and 30 career receptions in his five years with the team.

End Brent Urban and MLB Kristian Welch constitute the White “contingent” on defense, both as back-ups.

OLB Kyler Fackrell seemed destined for stardom a few years ago but now languishes on the practice squad, as does FB Ben Mason. Mason and Ricard could both be power running backs in the NFL, but as the saying goes it’ll be a rainy day in hell before that happens.

Rookie WR Slade Bolden out of Alabama is currently on IR (initially waived and then re-signed with an injury designation), as is LB Vince Biegel and TE Charlie Kolar. It’s unlikely any will play an NFL down with Baltimore.

Mark Andrews is the only reason to have any interest in this team.

LT: Patrick Mekari (Armenian/Lebanese/Iranian ancestry)
LG: Ben Powers, Ben Cleveland
C: Tyler Linderbaum
RG: Kevin Zeitler Trystan Colon (G/C)
TE: Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle
FB: Patrick Ricard

DE: Brent Urban
MLB: Kristian Welch

Number of White starters: 5
Total number of White players on 53 man roster: 14
Grade: F

P: Jordan Stout
PK: Justin Tucker (best kicker in NFL history)
LS: Nick Moore

Practice squad: OLB Kyler Fackrell, FB Ben Mason

IR: LB Vince Biegel, WR Slade Bolden, TE Charlie Kolar

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Have to give Baltimore credit for one thing, they are always able to draft some elite White offensive lineman. For years they had Yanda and now they drafted Linderbaum, which upset me very much when it happened. Having a good to great line each year has enabled them to have a strong running game and has made The Blank Slate look like an elite QB at times (but not too often). Also, Justin Tucker bails them out alot. So a few White athletes do a tremendous amount of the heavy lifting to make this Caste Squad look good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From one horrible team to another. The Ravens have signed Isabella to the practice squad. He deserves better. What did he do
that he deserves this crap other than being white and fast?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From one horrible team to another. The Ravens have signed Isabella to the practice squad. He deserves better. What did he do

Disappointing. He joins Bailey Gaither and Raleigh Webb on the PS.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Ravens may have been the only team interested, it certainly appears that way. The silver lining is that despite what the article says about the team having "plenty of receivers who deserve snaps," it's actually one of the weakest groups in the league. Lamar Jackson is far from a great passer but he does make some nice downfield throws. Gotta hope for the best while not being surprised when it doesn't happen, because that's how the NFL operates when it comes to the Caste System.

Sean89

Mentor
If they let him take over the explosive down field Brown role, this could end up a great move.

I'm not that optimistic though.

white is right

Hall of Famer

He chose this team, he could have told them "I pass" and waited out any further offers. I recall Jeremy McNichols doing this one preseason because he was angry that he didn't break camp with the Bucs. IMO there is no way nobody would sign him to a practice squad spot.

I suspect he like us looked at the roster and thought he had a good chance of getting promoted to the active roster once he learned the system that the Ravens use for offensive formations.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
These are the #3-5 receivers on the active roster and their stats this year. DeMarcus Robinson (6 catches for 49), James Proche II (1 catch for 7 yards) and Tylan Wallace (2 catches for 17 yards). Can anyone honestly deny that Andy Isabella would be an immediate upgrade over any of these guys? Hopefully he'll get the call after acclimating himself to the team.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
These are the #3-5 receivers on the active roster and their stats this year. DeMarcus Robinson (6 catches for 49), James Proche II (1 catch for 7 yards) and Tylan Wallace (2 catches for 17 yards). Can anyone honestly deny that Andy Isabella would be an immediate upgrade over any of these guys? Hopefully he'll get the call after acclimating himself to the team.
Well when you put it that way! Buncha bums with upside.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Ravens have signed bust WR Sammy Watkins. They also have the over the hill malcontent Desean Jackson. Isabella will probably never see the field in Baltimore.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Monkey see monkey do, except when it comes to White players. How effective will Jackson be when he can't run all the time?:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens "haven't changed their stance" on QB Lamar Jackson and plan to begin negotiating a long-term deal in the offseason.​

The Ravens were never close to extending Jackson last offseason, leading to Jackson playing out his $23 million fifth-year option. That backfired for Jackson, who finished the year injured for the second straight season. Jackson is asking for Deshaun Watson money, a fully guaranteed deal that would make him one of the league's highest paid quarterbacks. The Ravens are "still all-in" on Jackson and plan to franchise him for 2023 if they can't work out a long-term extension.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Monkey see monkey do, except when it comes to White players. How effective will Jackson be when he can't run all the time?:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens "haven't changed their stance" on QB Lamar Jackson and plan to begin negotiating a long-term deal in the offseason.​

The Ravens were never close to extending Jackson last offseason, leading to Jackson playing out his $23 million fifth-year option. That backfired for Jackson, who finished the year injured for the second straight season. Jackson is asking for Deshaun Watson money, a fully guaranteed deal that would make him one of the league's highest paid quarterbacks. The Ravens are "still all-in" on Jackson and plan to franchise him for 2023 if they can't work out a long-term extension.

That's hilarious. How many games has he missed due to injury? Once he can't run fast anymore he becomes a huge liability just like Murray will be for the Cardinals.

wile

Master
Pay that man, I actually think it is funny it's my fail faster fools strategy for enjoying the decline and fall of 'Murka. (FTR I love the American nation, 'Murka gotta go) Thinking about all these Super Bro QBs and their outsized contracts basically taking bling off their brothers since at anyone time the pot of cash only holds so much.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Pay that man, I actually think it is funny it's my fail faster fools strategy for enjoying the decline and fall of 'Murka. (FTR I love the American nation, 'Murka gotta go) Thinking about all these Super Bro QBs and their outsized contracts basically taking bling off their brothers since at anyone time the pot of cash only holds so much.
Exactly. Hope the Ravens have to break the bank and make sure that money’s guaranteed too. This pair deserves each other.