2022-'23 NHL Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great answer Don. I have a question for you though? How long do you thing all of the professional sports leagues will keep catering
to these fringe minority types? A decade? Forever? A few more years? I think so many Americans are so sick to their stomachs they have
no desire to continue watching these sports. Not all but many. If they continue their woke/joke go broke nonsense how long will people
put up with it? The million dollar question? Do you think we will return to morals and values anytime soon. Thanks in advance for your
answer. Curious what many of you think and I'm talking about all the sports so this isn't just a hockey question.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I didn’t mean to boycott the nhl itself. It is clearly the cleanest dirty sheet as far as sports leagues go. I meant boycott the sponsors that are particularly woke and insane. If you wanna boycott the league too then fine but for me it’s the last watchable pro sport out there, so I’m gonna hang in there a while longer.

Hate Disney? Don’t waste your money taking the kids to Disney world! Don’t subscribe to espn plus, etc.

Hate Starbucks? Don’t waste five bucks a day on a mediocre cup of coffee served by a pierced and tattooed freak or a 400 pounder.
It’s no panacea but it helps me sleep better

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Lightning, you're talking "big picture" and it's something many of us have written about in various ways for a long time but I believe it's a topic more fitting for a Happy Hour thread rather than this Hockey forum thead. We all want to see things change in a positive direction, and it's also good to post on the many positives in hockey when it comes to individual players and teams. As I wrote above, I take a lot of this garbage in stride while trying to educate people as best I can, otherwise it can drive people (including me) crazy. It's better to "trigger" them than let them trigger us. This thread so far has been mostly condemnation of the usual suspects and darn little focus on White hockey players and the current NHL season. Surely we can do a better job of separating the two.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well with (((Bettman))) in charge of NHL. It's no surprise to see the tranny push.

EST.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Connor McDavid recently played in his 500th NHL game, and he's still just 25 years old. In those 500 games he's put up more points than all but five other players in league history. He'll likely need to be on at least one Stanley Cup winning team to cement his legacy as an all-time great, but there's still plenty of time. Edmonton made it to the Western Conference finals last season, so a Stanley Cup may be in McDavid's future soon.

He's a great talent, fast and shifty as can be, and fun to watch:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ocechkin is only 3 goals short of 800 and 5 away from passing the legendary Gordie Howe! What an amazing career
Alex Ovechkin has had and is still having. If he plays long enough he could catch the number one goal scorer of all
time Wayne Gretzky. I doubt he will be even if he finishes as the 2nd greatest score in NHL History is incredible. Watch
this legend of epic proportions while you can. He deserves the same credit that they are giving to L. James in the NBA.
In a fair world everyone would be a saluting and talking about what Ovechkin has done.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ocechkin is only 3 goals short of 800 and 5 away from passing the legendary Gordie Howe! What an amazing career
Alex Ovechkin has had and is still having. If he plays long enough he could catch the number one goal scorer of all
time Wayne Gretzky. I doubt he will be even if he finishes as the 2nd greatest score in NHL History is incredible. Watch
this legend of epic proportions while you can. He deserves the same credit that they are giving to L. James in the NBA.
In a fair world everyone would be a saluting and talking about what Ovechkin has done.

This is amazing. Alexander Ovechkin scored 3 goals(a hat trick) in tonights game is now has 800 career goals.This is
the most incredible news in the NHL in Decades. Give this man some serious respect that is i long overdue!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is the Historic Hat Trick for 800 Goals in his amazing career and still going as strong as ever!

iu

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ovechkin is truly an all-time great goal scorer, 800 career goals in today's NHL is a most remarkable accomplishment. I've watched countless Penguins-Caps battles over the years and have always respected Ovechkin's talent and character.

Last edited:

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Here is the Historic Hat Trick for 800 Goals in his amazing career and still going as strong as ever!

iu
Thanks for posting that WL
He hits 800 on a hat trick night! Amazing!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Alexander Ovechkin does it again. He is now the 2nd on the NHL All Time Goals Scored List! :campeon:

maxres.jpg

I admit I'm not the biggest hockey fan. I need to go to a few more games. I've seen 1 game in my life live and quite a few on tv. Most of my friends I grew up around were not either even though I'm from back east originally. Think of snow and ice.

This picture has a double meaning for me. I see the Washington Capitals with the Eagle on the Jersey and I think of the great days of America.
A country we all love but we are witnessing the fall of America(Babylon) and the rise of Russia and China. Maybe it's not suprising that a Russian Guy will probably be the Number 1 All Time Goal Scorer someday. I love Wayne Gretzky but I see his record falling to this great Russian.
That being said it's just ironic with the symbolism. Both of these legends are 2 of the best to ever skate on the ice! I'm sure they both have
quite a bit of respect for each other. Russia went through very tough times for so many countless decades. Now their people who fight
against the sodomy we see all of the western nations constantly push. Russia just may be the savior of the european people.

Back on track. What Alexander Ovechkin has done is just incredible on such a high level it's hard to find words for. I'm very happy for him and also
for Russia as they stand true to their roots. I hope more countries follow their lead soon including America.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ovie is the greatest goal scorer of his generation. I only wish Jagr hadn't chased money and played in KHL for three years or it's a possibility he could have broken the record a few years back. Similar to Bobby Hull who chased bigger cheques in the WHA which probably cost him the record until Wayne came along.

This goal chase will last 2 more years or so this victory lap for Ovie will be richly deserved. Unlike Lebron's chase of Kareem's record casual fans can follow this much easier as the numbers aren't as crazy sounding.

Ever notice when hockey players visiting teams and home alike show up to a game? They are always dressed in a shirt and tie and the coaches always wear a suit. Look how sloppy NBA players look when they show up to a game. I think I don't have to allude to any thing further.

NikoDuke

Guru
Why boycott the NHL of all leagues? The players are 95% White and mostly still exemplify the admirable White values of hard work and unselfish play to go along with their talent. Boycott the league and you're hurting the players. I could care less if some green-haired, 300 pound womyn in the front office tweeted a typical woke idiotic statement. Wokeness goes with the territory in everything, every single large corporation goosesteps in unison to cultural communism including sports leagues, a single virtue signaling tweet isn't going to affect my enjoyment of the NHL in the least.
Boycotting the NHL isn't my first choice but, it's not that straight forward to support the NHL anymore. The NHL used to be the easiest sport to support but now it isn't so easy anymore.

And frankly it's the corporations that are the real issue as they are the ones that are calling the shots in the NHL and amongst other leagues.
Take for example the kid that Boston Bruins recently signed. They had planned to keep him and ignore the negative feedback as those complaining aren't fans anyways. However, the corporations told the Bruins straight up that if they didn't cut the kid then they would no longer financially support the club anymore. Bye bye kid and he may never play on the NHL.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Ovie is absolutely and all time great and it’s wonderful he got the record. Better still that he is Russian given how shabbily Russian athletes have been treated in recent years at the Olympics etc

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Boycotting the NHL isn't my first choice but, it's not that straight forward to support the NHL anymore. The NHL used to be the easiest sport to support but now it isn't so easy anymore.

And frankly it's the corporations that are the real issue as they are the ones that are calling the shots in the NHL and amongst other leagues.
Take for example the kid that Boston Bruins recently signed. They had planned to keep him and ignore the negative feedback as those complaining aren't fans anyways. However, the corporations told the Bruins straight up that if they didn't cut the kid then they would no longer financially support the club anymore. Bye bye kid and he may never play on the NHL.
I agree. The NHL is no different than the NFL in my opinion. The demographics may be different right now, but the intention of the league is the same. Big wokeness in an attempt to bring in a ton of new money from lefties while riding the line in an attempt to keep all the traditional fans on board as well. They are searching for a way to get both demographics to watch their games. I see this going on with pro sports, so I don't watch any of it anymore. Minimalism is the way to go anyway. Getting as much stuff out of my life that feeds the big corporate money machine.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think it will be pretty unlikely the nhl to have demographics that look like the nfl if only because most black folks hate the cold. Just my personal observation.

100 percent agreed though the the top levels of the four major sports leagues in the us are equally repulsive.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No new ground is being broken here. The NHL is a mega-corporation with 32 subsidiary corporations, sponsored and propped up by other mega-corporations and television networks, no different than the other pro sports. The NHL may be the most saturated with advertising of all of them, from corporate logos appearing on helmets this season, to TV networks not only showing the ubiquitous advertising on the boards to actually changing them frequently to tailor them to local TV audiences and even superimposing ads on the glass. Every break, every update, is sponsored by some godawful corporation. Not to mention every arena, stadium and football bowl game is now named after a corporation, all part of the "woke" dictatorship destroying Western Civilization.

So, am I supposed to stop watching one of the few events I actually look forward to and enjoy in this depraved and utterly corrupt society? Will my no longer watching hockey, particularly the Pittsburgh Penguins, change anything? Telling aware Whites to stop watching sports is contrary to the mission of this site. If it's so unbearable to watch, then don't watch, but this site is for those who are fully cognizant. We know what's going on, we document it with the goal of enlightening some other open-minded, intelligent folks as to the nature of the corporate matrix they are living in, with the idea that the madhouse that's developed particularly rapidly over the past half-dozen years is not permanent and that fairness and common sense may yet return to a fallen nation.

And as I mentioned some posts above, this thread is about celebrating NHL players and the current season. Other tangents should have their own threads or be started in Happy Hour.

NikoDuke

Guru
Ovie got another hat trick last night. He may indeed have another 50 goal season. And it seems Mcdavid will win the Richard trophy. Only question is will surpass last year's total? Also is this year going to be one where more than 5 players score 50 this year? Last year there were 4 players.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy or 1984 theorist but I do love watching NY Ranger hockey. Been doing it since January of 1986 I read a lot if Ranger fans hockey blogs. One crazy story surfaced today. The owner of the Rangers, James Dolan, apparently had a fan who happened to be a lawyer kicked from the game as he entered the building. What is really frigid scary is that MSG is apparently equipped with facial recognition technology and it picked out this lawyer that was representing a client suing MSG. Apparently this happened to rwo other lawyer slash fans this season . Dolan will not let fans who are suing or their representatives suing MSG from attending Knick or Ranger games.

As paranoid and as stupid as this is I am in more fear of this technology. What if the covid fools start passing legislation that keeps people out of stores and place of business based on facial recognition of people that are put on an unvaccinated list? I know it's been talked about here in many different facets and the smart part of me knows stuff like this will never get that far but technology is making people's lives less free for my 2 cents.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Facial recognition to target your political enemies?! Sounds legitimate. Good thing you’re not a conspiracy guy.

NikoDuke

Guru
I think it will be pretty unlikely the nhl to have demographics that look like the nfl if only because most black folks hate the cold. Just my personal observation.

100 percent agreed though the the top levels of the four major sports leagues in the us are equally repulsive.
I think the demographics piece depends on where you live. I spend a fair amount of time in Canada and the demographics in minor hockey have become far less White. There is a concentrated push to export the caste system into minor hockey and the results are showing.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I don’t doubt they will try. Just think won’t be as easy as in some other sports.

By the way. Islanders v capitals going into overtime right now. 3-3. Great game