2022-'23 NBA Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dallas should have kept Porzingis. I've said it many times that they gave up on him too quickly. So glad he is playing
basketball at such a high level. A career high 43 points tonight in a hard fought game.

mqdefault.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well again an injury hurt his scoring average. He had a game earlier this year where he left with 2 points and another with 0. Last
night Luka Doncic left the game with 15 points. So he has lost the scoring lead. It's still a close race.

Joel Embiid 33.3 points per game
Luka Doncie 33.0 points per game
Damian Lillard 32.4 points per game

Yet another loss for Dallas. I hate to say it but the rest of the team has suffered tremendously having Irving and Doncic play together.
Two guys score 80 percent of the points or more well everyone stands around and falls asleep as all they can do is play defense. That
gets old real quick. It can be done but you need really unselfish team players. I still don't like the trade and the Mavs are sliding fast.
They may have to go into the play in bracket just to make the playoffs.

If I'm Doncic I would take 2 or 3 games off and let his body heal as much as possible. Maybe ever 4 or 5 games.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Some good news. No serious damage to Luka Doncic per the M.R.I.

Luka is going to be fine and I'm still believing he wins the scoring title. Teams I bet fear him more than Embiid. Luka is a threat from anywhere on the court. The greatest shooter in the game.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Utah Jazz are playing the Orlando Magic. It just started.

The Jazz have 3 of 5 white starters with another guy off the bench.

The Magic have 2 of 5 white starters with another sub off the bench.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Utah Jazz are playing the Orlando Magic. It just started.

The Jazz have 3 of 5 white starters with another guy off the bench.

The Magic have 2 of 5 white starters with another sub off the bench.
Chael Sonnen keeps on button pushing he said his PED dealer had Lebron on speed dial too. I found this too funny as Sonnen failed a PED test a few years ago so there isn't any pretense on being "Mr. Clean" on his part at least...https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/los-angeles-lakers/2023/03/08/6409109522601df7608b45c3.html

Warhawk_46

Master
Well again an injury hurt his scoring average. He had a game earlier this year where he left with 2 points and another with 0. Last
night Luka Doncic left the game with 15 points. So he has lost the scoring lead. It's still a close race.

Joel Embiid 33.3 points per game
Luka Doncie 33.0 points per game
Damian Lillard 32.4 points per game

Yet another loss for Dallas. I hate to say it but the rest of the team has suffered tremendously having Irving and Doncic play together.
Two guys score 80 percent of the points or more well everyone stands around and falls asleep as all they can do is play defense. That
gets old real quick. It can be done but you need really unselfish team players. I still don't like the trade and the Mavs are sliding fast.
They may have to go into the play in bracket just to make the playoffs.

If I'm Doncic I would take 2 or 3 games off and let his body heal as much as possible. Maybe ever 4 or 5 games.
It’s playing out exactly how I said it would… Irving and Doncic are essentially the same player…. Ball-dominant guards who don’t like to really play defense. Great players but nearly the same. Really dumb move by the Mavericks - both traditionally team-wise as they will lose more often now and also from a caste perspective as Irving is likely going to cost Luka the scoring title.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Imo. Mavs we’re doomed from the beginning of the season. The roster makeup was just weak! Getting Kyrie was a last ditch effort to stay relevant and maybe make a Playoff run..

How about Josh Giddey? Just recorded his 7th triple double and he just turned 21! 6104252F-E366-41C9-BD72-2E1EC27B2FB0.jpeg

El Gringo

Mentor
I agree signing Kyrie was worth a shot for the Mavs. He excelled playing 2nd fiddle to Lebron and Durant. I’ll admit I have a soft spot for him due to his anti vax stance even though he probably dislikes the white man.
Ideally the Mavs should have sold out and signed Sabonis before the kings did a couple years ago. He would have been a perfect compliment for Luka. Domantas had another triple double last night as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice to see both Giddey and Sabonis with triple doubles. Yes either of those guys with Doncic would be a great fit but neither
the Kings of the Thunder are gonna let either of them go for many, many years. I still think with Kristapps Porzingis averaging
23 points per game along with 9 rebounds that the Mavs gave up on him too soon. He also brings alot of shot blocking!

Warhawk_46

Master
Nice to see both Giddey and Sabonis with triple doubles. Yes either of those guys with Doncic would be a great fit but neither
the Kings of the Thunder are gonna let either of them go for many, many years. I still think with Kristapps Porzingis averaging
23 points per game along with 9 rebounds that the Mavs gave up on him too soon. He also brings alot of shot blocking!
Agreed - it was great seeing two 20+ ppg white men on a team together!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Doncic needs to get healthy and soon. The Mavs play tommorow but he will probably be out I'm guessing for a few games.

Joel Embiid is playing really good basketball. He had 37 points again tonight so his lead will increase sadly.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Another triple double for Jokic!

I’m surprised Embid has been able to stay injury free!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another triple double for Jokic!

I’m surprised Embid has been able to stay injury free!
Jokic needs to keep his assists up. Yes another triple double indeed. His assists average for the season is only 10.0 so when I follow the stats
I always check his assists throughout the game. He is over 24 points a game and over 11 rebounds per game. So with about 15 games to go the one stat he has to work on every game is his assists. Too many sub par games passing and he could lose the triple double average for
the season. If he finishes strong I do believe he will be only the 3rd NBA Player in history to win 3 straight mvps awards. He would also be
only the 3rd player in history to average a triple double for the season!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Both Doncic and Irving are out tonight. Their losing skid may likely continue.

Looking forward to a couple of games tonight however.

The Jazz vs the Hornets and also the Magic vs the Heat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Utah Jazz got a big win tonight behind Walker Kessler. He had 17 points, 16 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 blocked shots!
Walker Kessler won the NBA Kia Rookie of the Month for February and he is just flat out playing great basketball still. :pesas:

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

El Gringo

Mentor
[
The Utah Jazz got a big win tonight behind Walker Kessler. He had 17 points, 16 rebounds, 1 assist and 3 blocked shots!
Walker Kessler won the NBA Kia Rookie of the Month for February and he is just flat out playing great basketball still. :pesas:

mqdefault.jpg

That kid is an animal! I need to tune into a Jazz game.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Kessler has had a great rookie season, and he’s finishing it strong!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Reigning back to back NBA MVP Nikola Jokic had a monster triple double tonight!

Nikola Jokic 35 points, 20 rebounds and 11 assists. I really hope he wins the MVP again for the trifecta!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good games tonight. Dallas plays Memphis with Doncic vs Morant. Two of the top scorers in the NBA. Well Luka Doncic
didn't play and either did Irving. It's a 1 point game at halftime but I will pass on this game.

We also have a really entertaining one with Miami vs Utah!

Last edited: