2021 NFL Week 6

wile

Master
I hope Stafford does well this year. For years I thought his stats were garbage time from being on a garbage team alway behind.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just hope McVay doesn't duplicate what he did midway through the '19 season when Kupp was a top three receiver just as he is now and suddenly cut back his snaps and usage. Given that Stafford is an upgrade over Goff and the Rams have a legitimate chance to win the NFC, it shouldn't happen but you never know with the NFL. If Kupp is "allowed" to keep dominating it'll only be a matter of time until we start hearing the stories about how "close" he and Stafford are off the field and how that friendship and rapport is responsible for Cooper's performance, but that's ok, Kupp's greatness speaks for itself. The man is pretty much uncoverable, which just happens to be the case with a lot of White receivers, Beasley just last night being another example.

wile

Master
About Kupp the comments on that twitter thread were a bit entertaining I learned that the CB was not a good one so wait till Kupp has to face a good one. We rural rustics always say make hay while the sun shines, Kupp and Stafford bring their own sun. Also Jordy had barely made the 3 receiver over a decent James Jones in 2010 with controversy no doubt stirred by the coalition of aggrieved black athletes on the team, so I would expect as Don says above to be trotted out then amplified by the electronic version of the Chicago Daily Defender ESPN.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Looks like Kupp and Adams will be battling it out all year for the lead in receiving yards! Should be fun to track it. That was a sweet no look pass from Stafford. About time he's able to lead a competent team.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Check this Matthew Stafford throw to Cooper Kupp...it states "IF Patrick Mahomes did this, it would lead every show on TV today."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActionNetNFL/status/1450110354915270665

Some people are just born to throw a football. Stafford does with such ease. It just so happens a few days ago I came across a youtube video of Stafford making exceptional plays. Hope it has not been posted here already.

Ignored Matthew Stafford throws that if Mahomes made, the NFL would go ballistic over

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That was a great throw by Stafford. Farve was doing that type of thing back in the 90s though - Mahomes getting credit for things that have already been done by a better player in a different era. Go watch Farve highlights and tell me I’m wrong. Same thing goes for Doug Flutie - he did things that apparently have “never been done before” already. It’s amazing how the history is just being neglected as the sports media pushes these narratives of a false “revolution” of the position. Fact is these modern QBs play in the most offensive friendly era in the league.

El Gringo

Mentor
I just hope McVay doesn't duplicate what he did midway through the '19 season when Kupp was a top three receiver just as he is now and suddenly cut back his snaps and usage. Given that Stafford is an upgrade over Goff and the Rams have a legitimate chance to win the NFC, it shouldn't happen but you never know with the NFL. If Kupp is "allowed" to keep dominating it'll only be a matter of time until we start hearing the stories about how "close" he and Stafford are off the field and how that friendship and rapport is responsible for Cooper's performance, but that's ok, Kupp's greatness speaks for itself. The man is pretty much uncoverable, which just happens to be the case with a lot of White receivers, Beasley just last night being another example.
I’m not so sure how great Beasley is. According to the professional announcers last night, and who are we to argue with them, he just somehow magically finds himself “wide open and when I say wide open there is no one around”!!

I’m sure Woods is seething after last weeks game where he was only targeted 5 times to Kupps 12.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not so sure how great Beasley is. According to the professional announcers last night, and who are we to argue with them, he just somehow magically finds himself “wide open and when I say wide open there is no one around”!!

I’m sure Woods is seething after last weeks game where he was only targeted 5 times to Kupps 12.

I've heard the "left wide open" bs many a time when it comes to showing some of Kupp's TDs. There's no question that a lot of Black DBs stink at coverage, we see illustrations of it all the time, but when a receiver is open time and again in great deal it's because he knows what he's doing and he's very good at it.

On a different tangent, I just love how announcers give lavish praise when a Black receiver tries to come back to a QB who's under duress or otherwise changes his original route in response to how a play is unfolding. Every football player from the age of 6 should know that's what you do in that situation, but a helluva lot of "professional" receivers just run their route and that's it. Just another example of how the basics of the game have changed over the years in response to the Caste System. Of late I've been seeing more successful Hail Mary passes, because the defenders in the endzone were just milling around more than actually defending the incoming pass. There was a completed one during the LSU-Florida game last Saturday that was the weakest attempt by defenders I've ever seen.

I've heard the "left wide open" bs many a time when it comes to showing some of Kupp's TDs. There's no question that a lot of Black DBs stink at coverage, we see illustrations of it all the time, but when a receiver is open time and again in great deal it's because he knows what he's doing and he's very good at it.

On a different tangent, I just love how announcers give lavish praise when a Black receiver tries to come back to a QB who's under duress or otherwise changes his original route in response to how a play is unfolding. Every football player from the age of 6 should know that's what you do in that situation, but a helluva lot of "professional" receivers just run their route and that's it. Just another example of how the basics of the game have changed over the years in response to the Caste System. Of late I've been seeing more successful Hail Mary passes, because the defenders in the endzone were just milling around more than actually defending the incoming pass. There was a completed one during the LSU-Florida game last Saturday that was the weakest attempt by defenders I've ever seen.

Great receivers have a way of being "left wide open." The highlights of Steve Largent often show him wide open behind everybody catching a TD pass.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
T. J. Watt became the first player to have two or more sacks and a forced fumble during an overtime period. What a beast, shades of J. J. during his prime!