2021 College Football Week One

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yeah Wisconsin shouldn't have been so eager to chase Coan out of town!!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
LSU has a freshman white WR? Jack Bech? recruiting services said he was gonna switch to TE but roster has him at WR. Anyone catch him on the field? Has one reception for 17 yards so far.

I didn't see the game but soon as I saw the name Bech from your post I thought of Brett Bech who was a standout WR for LSU. It turns out Brett is Jack's uncle. Brett played for the Saints for a while and was a threat when on the field. Brett was in the league for quite a few years as a strength coach, most recently with Dallas.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yeah Wisconsin shouldn't have been so eager to chase Coan out of town!!

I do hope Merz improves - that last throw was terrible - he did not even see the player who ended up intercepting the ball to seal the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see the game but soon as I saw the name Bech from your post I thought of Brett Bech who was a standout WR for LSU. It turns out Brett is Jack's uncle. Brett played for the Saints for a while and was a threat when on the field. Brett was in the league for quite a few years as a strength coach, most recently with Dallas.

That rang a bell with me instantly, too. Bech had great hands. LSU was a favorite team for me to watch circa the early 1990s because it seemed like they always had at least one good White receiver each year, hard as that may be for many to believe now. Todd Kinchen was another. Sammy Martin in the late '80s was a fantastic talent.

Kinchen was drafted in the third round by the Rams but was totally screwed over by the NFL, going from team to team as a deep backup WR. Bech and Martin were treated even worse. That was the darkest of days back then as every receiver but Ricky Proehl received the same horrendous treatment. There's no question in my mind Kinchen could have been a star in the NFL, maybe Bech and Martin too.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I do hope Merz improves - that last throw was terrible - he did not even see the player who ended up intercepting the ball to seal the game.

I was harsh on him, but putrid performance. Can really only improve from here out. Right now he's looking more along lines of Hornibrook/Stave trajectory. Not all that great of company.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It is hard to believe that LSU was ever White friendly at WR! lol. Must seem like a lifetime ago. Let's hope Bech has better luck than Trey Quinn did.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wow Coan has some ice in his veins. Throwing in deep for TDs on 3rd down twice this game.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Coan boosting his Draft Stock! Phenomenal game from him.

Boneheaded decision by FSU going for it on 4th down on his own 33! Another INT from Travis is nice though.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Coan boosting his Draft Stock! Phenomenal game from him.

Boneheaded decision by FSU going for it on 4th down on his own 33! Another INT from Travis is nice though.

It was a boneheded decision to start Travis in the first place. Let's hope Coan can have a very strong season. He has looked great tonight running the offense and shedding the "game manager" label.

Phall

Master
Rough choke job in regulation by Notre Dame capped off by an ugly drop by Mayer to blow an opportunity at the game-winning field goal. At least the announcers keep swooning over the white QB Milton making his miraculous return. They should be swooning that a white player under 300 lbs is actually on the field for the Seminoles. Hopefully the Fighting Whities get their wind back on the road in overtime.

As an aside, I have generally hated the game-watching experience this weekend, as every color commentator fawns over "freakish athletes" and "miraculous plays." I may simply have soured on the whole production in between three-minute blocks of multiracial, feminized, completely interchangeable commercials from globohomo multinational corporations. But I could really do without the 'Olympics'-level narratives inserted in every single broadcast. Plenty of white ex-jocks with limited vocabulary repeating themselves while playing cheerleader in retirement. I'm looking at you, Dan Orlovsky!

Phall

Master
Probably the best possible finish to this Notre Dame - Florida State game, as Mackenzie Milton retains his aura and starts a quarterback controversy with FSU while the Irish get the road win as the top undefeated white-friendly team. Apart from the late drop, Mayer had a huge night and Coan broke some sort of passing record for a debuting ND quarterback.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Probably the best possible finish to this Notre Dame - Florida State game, as Mackenzie Milton retains his aura and starts a quarterback controversy with FSU while the Irish get the road win as the top undefeated white-friendly team. Apart from the late drop, Mayer had a huge night and Coan broke some sort of passing record for a debuting ND quarterback.
Well said! Seemed like a good game and outcome for our guys. Hopefully Milton takes over as starter soon and Coan works his way into a top QB prospect.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Sums it up perfectly. ND did have some White athletes who played well on defense too. Milton coming in after not playing for 3 years and being an instant upgrade at QB should tell Norvell that his black quarterback is not the answer.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great play by Campbell - played the read option perfectly, snuffed it out and took the quota down for a loss on 4th down!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Herbie trying to blame Fagot for the targeting hit when the black defender made the hit...it's as clear as day. Don't worry whitey is the one all over the screen though.

Warhawk_46

Master
Sad what has happened to John Rhys Plumlee... if he were black the talk would be about him every week. Instead he gets switched to QB and rots in the bench.

Imagine if the fastest player in the team was languishing on the bench...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if i’m not mistaken, every single offensive player that took the field for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (minus the quota back and the two running blacks) was of the overachieving, blue collar, lunch pail variety ... yet they were “somehow” able to put up 34 points against a Colorado Star (of the FBS) defense composed almost entirely of dynamic, game-changing D-1 affletes (minus i think three Whites).

according to the prevailing narrative, how is this even possible?!

even more eye-popping, the game wasn’t even close. it was complete dominance by the much-paler “underdog” of the FCS.

TwentyTwo

Master
LSU has a freshman white WR? Jack Bech? recruiting services said he was gonna switch to TE but roster has him at WR. Anyone catch him on the field? Has one reception for 17 yards so far.
Yes sir Heralded Defender ...so busy Re cap the post was so long ; never responded back. Jack Bech is a big time receiver! Just a freshman the future is bright. LSU signed so many WR's in the Class of 21'. Bech has the "It" factor ...give him a few years and watch! Originally committed to Vanderbilt

Thanks for those FCS Stats Leonardfan! You never know who will be the next NFL Star!

^^^^THIS^^^^ Of course Uncle Brett was a Former Walk-on @ LSU

That rang a bell with me instantly, too. Bech had great hands. LSU was a favorite team for me to watch circa the early 1990s because it seemed like they always had at least one good White receiver each year, hard as that may be for many to believe now. Todd Kinchen was another. Sammy Martin in the late '80s was a fantastic talent.

Kinchen was drafted in the third round by the Rams but was totally screwed over by the NFL, going from team to team as a deep backup WR. Bech and Martin were treated even worse. That was the darkest of days back then as every receiver but Ricky Proehl received the same horrendous treatment. There's no question in my mind Kinchen could have been a star in the NFL, maybe Bech and Martin too.
Thanks for going down memory lane Don! Sammy Martin was one of my all time favorites as a kid! A skinny Tailback/Scat back at LSU turned WR / Kick Returner in the NFL...Was flanked out in the slot on this play! Black people in the stands were amazed

Todd Kinchen had some of the best open field moves for any color!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sammy Martin was a blazer for sure. I was just checking his NFL stats and he was mostly used to return kickoffs after being drafted in the 4th round by New England. He had just 26 career receptions in the NFL, what a waste. Kinchen had just 95 receptions over 7 seasons with four different teams, another complete waste. Brett Bech had 21 receptions over 3 NFL seasons while with the Saints. Such a dark era for White receivers.

Was looking at the comments for the Martin video and one mentions Abram Booty, another White receiver who played for LSU later in the '90s that I had forgotten about. He was the brother of Josh Booty, who played in both MLB as a third baseman and the NFL as a quarterback. Abram was apparently with the Browns for one season but didn't record any catches.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
if i’m not mistaken, every single offensive player that took the field for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (minus the quota back and the two running blacks) was of the overachieving, blue collar, lunch pail variety ... yet they were “somehow” able to put up 34 points against a Colorado Star (of the FBS) defense composed almost entirely of dynamic, game-changing D-1 affletes (minus i think three Whites).

according to the prevailing narrative, how is this even possible?!

even more eye-popping, the game wasn’t even close. it was complete dominance by the much-paler “underdog” of the FCS.

Too me it is beyond pathetic that teams in the Dakotas or Montana are even starting black quarterbacks.

booth

Mentor
Does anybody know what kind of injury Nolan Turner has for Clemson? He missed the Georgia game and will not play this week. There is nothing on Clemson's injury report about his injury.

Red Raider

Mentor
Does anybody know what kind of injury Nolan Turner has for Clemson? He missed the Georgia game and will not play this week. There is nothing on Clemson's injury report about his injury.
I believe he has a back injury from what I read. Hopefully he is back soon, they’re not the same to watch without him.