2019 NFL Divisional Playoffs

Westside

Hall of Famer
Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling Graham made the catch of the day!

northwinds

Mentor
Three of the four black QBs go down......it was a better weekend than I expected......we won’t have to listen to “black QBs changing the way the position is played” from now to the SB......

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Things could have gone a LOT worse for us, guys. The outcomes are mostly good. Go Titans in the AFC!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chompin' Pete's so stunned he actually stopped chompin' for the first time in years.

These four games went about as well as could be hoped. Some might have wanted the Vikings to beat the 49ers but that game to me was a toss-up.

And as a special bonus -- it was a Booger free weekend!

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yep, going back to my OP, games turned out exactly as I hoped. SF/Minn I wasn't picky, but the rest yes. Good to see Wilson, Watson and Jackson ousted.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I'd have preferred Vikings to go through BUT Niners have the best chance to actually win Super Bowl.

Man, if only Packers used Vitale, Jace and Kumerow...

referendum

Mentor
It looked like Kumerow was in on a lot of plays, but tonight it was the Rodgers to Adams show.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have preferred Vikings to go through BUT Niners have the best chance to actually win Super Bowl.

Man, if only Packers used Vitale, Jace and Kumerow...

I think this season sees Jimmy Graham riding off into the sunset, at least with Green Bay. Sternberger can be another great White tight end and should be starting next year. I don't know if Kumerow will ever get a chance to see substantial playing time barring injuries. Vitale is talented enough to be a starting power back, but I expect him also to never get the opportunity to do much on offense.

PHillisFan

Master
I can’t believe I have to see sideshow’s punchable mug and hear his muppet voice for another week. I can see the Titans controlling the clock and limiting his touches next week. Henry should end up with another big game.

The Seahags' inevitable fourth quarter comeback falls short. Another one bites the dust. Good riddance to Wigger Pete and Clowney, two of the most deplorable individuals in the history of the NFL.

referendum

Mentor
Another nice thought about the Seahawks losing is that they very easily might not have made the playoffs if they hadn't had so many last minute wins this season, so its not as if they were some unstoppable juggernaut. Hopefully next season it will be the Rams and 49ers in the playoffs.

Hartline

Guru
All the commentators on BSPN and Fox were careful not to label Clowney a dirty player after the Wentz cheapshot. What a complete farce he's almost as bad as Suh if you watch him closely.

Last edited:

TomIron361

Mentor
A few things. Went to another of my hangouts (two beers) and walked in when Houston kicked their field goal. Stayed until half. That little TD pass Mahomes threw to Kelce was something. The only other black QB I see doing such a thing would be Wilson - none of the others. The only way I see the Titans beating KC is make their running game work and keep that KC offense off the field. Sorenson played a heckova game. Unfortunately, I think JJ Watt is done. He was done in by the end of the 1st half from what I saw. He had a good career. I hope he retires now.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe I have to see sideshow’s punchable mug and hear his muppet voice for another week. I can see the Titans controlling the clock and limiting his touches next week. Henry should end up with another big game.
Yep. Still better than having to watch the virtually all black Texans possibly making it to the Super Bowl. The reason that you don’t see Deshaun Watson in all of those stupid State Farm commercials is that he can barely speak English. I heard a pre-game thing where he just spoke Ebonics laced with gibberish.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
For the Chiefs, Daniel Sorensen was in the game for a whopping 106 plays! He was in the game for ALL 77 defensive snaps along with 29 (78%) of the special teams snaps. That is a staggering workload. The next-closest is CB Charvarious Ward who was in the game for 10 ST snaps in addition to 77 defensive snaps (87).

Ben Niemann was in for 43 defensive snaps in addition to his WSTD contributions of 29 snaps. He was in for almost every snap that the Chiefs expected a pass.
Even though being a slow, plodding, lunchpail-carrying stiff he's one of the best, if not the best Chiefs coverage linebacker.

Chiefs snowplow O-line was magnificent and played every snap together, no injuries or awful sumo substitutions necessary!

chris371

Mentor
Dan Sorensen made the tackle on the fake punt AND caused the fumble on the kickoff.... thats pretty amazing tbh

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see Sorensen shine in The Postseason! Also like the fact that Niemann(4.6speed) was able to carve himself a role after being undrafted out of Iowa.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I love the way Tennessee has turned it on since Tannehill took over. It's been a team effort on both sides of the ball for sure, but Tannehill rising from the dead (from the perspective of the anti-White media) to lead his team to the Super Bowl (if he does) to me is one of the coolest stories of the past generation. All the hate directed his way, as has been the case with so many White QBs, for him to reach the Super Bowl even if they don't win it is very very satisfying.
The Titans knocking off two favorites in a row with an old school bell cow offense has been the story of the playoffs and the thwarting of the new school gimmick offense against the better teams in the playoffs is another big story.

I remember years ago hearing why college styles offenses didn't work in the NFL and an analyst stated that these offenses aren't flexible enough if you get behind early and the quarterbacks that run them are usually too one dimensional to run a standard pro style offense.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure it's the type of offense. It's the qb leading the offense. If teams were to shut Henry down by loading the box you would have to be able to hit outside receivers to make the defense pay. If they're blitzing you have to get the ball out quick, and know when to run and know when and where to throw because there will be a hole in coverage if there is a blitz.

It's no different with the Ravens offense, the Titans loaded up to stop the inside run, stringing everything to the sidelines . They were able to get small chunks but no huge plays. Forcing Lamar to throw to the outside receivers, and he struggled to make those throws and the receivers struggled to catch . He had time to throw.

Tannehill probably would have fared better had be been running the same offense , there's just the matter of the receivers dropping passes. I'm positive he would have audibled out of the 4th and short because of the defense he saw, or he would have taken a timeout. Well, he probably would have hit the receiver who was past the first down marker instead of the closer one who was short of the first down marker. He probably is also less likely to overthrow on the one play that turned into an interception. Lamar looked like garbage but if only a few plays had changed it probably would have been a different outcome because they don't go down 14 to 0 .

I do think that if they were somehow to contain Henry then the Titans might struggle without Adam Humphries, he's a threat on short passes. If they get down early they could become one dimensional allowing the defense to put more pressure on Tannehill to get the ball out quick. Henry is not known as a receiving back so you would have to get the ball to the tight ends and slot receivers . The bigger concern are the 49ers. Their last game nothing was working against them, they stopped the run game, they were in Cousin's face every pass play and none of the receivers were getting consistent separation. Maybe Henry could have more success running since he's bigger.

I have no doubt that Tannehill would be a winner running the Raven's offense but the main concern is exposing your franchise qb to so much wear and tear. So the fact that they are running Lamar so often leads me to believe he wouldn't have success running Tannehills offense.

It's the same thing that happened to RG3, I read that Shanahan wanted to continue to run him in the college offense, but the owner didn't because of injuries. Rg3 simply couldn't run the pro style offense

Last edited: