2016 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lol. Mayock just blatantly lied on air. He claims Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith is faster than Luke Kuechly. Funny seeing how Smith has a bum knee and won't participate in any drills because of this... A 6 foot 220 lb coming off torn ACL still being hyped as top 10 pick. Only in the circus we call the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lol. Mayock just blatantly lied on air. He claims Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith is faster than Luke Kuechly. Funny seeing how Smith has a bum knee and won't participate in any drills because of this... A 6 foot 220 lb coming off torn ACL still being hyped as top 10 pick. Only in the circus we call the NFL.

Mayock is an ND homer as he does there college broadcasts. It sounds like Smith's stock is falling because he will miss all of 2016 according to reports and when he does heal up he may never be the same. This is causing scouts and draft cucks to portray him as some sort of tragic figure.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are Cajuste and Spruce's results:

Devon Cajuste 6'3" 234lbs
40: 4.62
Vert: 36"
Broad: 10-3
3-Cone: 6.49

Nelson Spruce 6'1" 206lbs
40: 4.69
Vert: 35"
Broad: 9-6
3-Cone: 7.09

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rabbi Rich Eisen gave a textbook example of the meaning of chutzpah when he asked Urban Meyer why Tim Tebow isn't with an NFL team. Meyer said that Tebow was the second most efficient quarterback in major college history behind Sam Bradford, then launched into some mumbo jumbo about how he should be playing in the Arena League or the CFL to try to work his way back to the NFL.

What Meyer should have said but would never dare to is that Eisen was the grand wizard of the media lynch mob that went after Tebow from the day he was drafted by Denver. Eisen was constantly leading childish and mocking "Tebow Tebow" chants and otherwise making him the object of so much ridicule and undeserved attention that he became radioactive to NFL teams.

And then there was Mike Mayock, who said of unathletic WR Laquon Treadwell after his lousy Combine results were shown, "You have to look at production and tape." Except of course when it comes to the very productive Nelson Spruce. The Caste whores have their ready-made excuses for every contingency to justify the unjustifiable.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Here are Cajuste and Spruce's results:

Devon Cajuste 6'3" 234lbs
40: 4.62
Vert: 36"
Broad: 10-3
3-Cone: 6.49

Nelson Spruce 6'1" 206lbs
40: 4.69
Vert: 35"
Broad: 9-6
3-Cone: 7.09

Cajuste is definitely a WR! It shouldn't even be a debate.

Solid numbers for Spruce his best assets: his hands,route running ability, and production. Underrated qualities every scout should be looking for. Spruce dominated the Pac 12. Just look at their tape every corner they faced was an afflete.

Really bummed Alex Erickson and Ed Eagan got snubbed, they would have tested out well.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From what I watched and have read on the 2nd day of the combine:

Goff had a really good overall performance - he looks to be the prototype when it comes to QB. His throwing motion is flawless, accuracy was on point and his arm strength is very good - he proved all of the doubters wrong who have said his arm is deficient and he was a product of the Cal offense

Wentz continued his strong pre draft showing at the combine. He ran well in the 40, showed off his arm strength, mechanics, footwork and showed himself well in the passing drills.

Goff and Wentz are 1 and 1a in the QB pecking order.

Lynch had a pretty solid showing, was a little more erratic with his mechanics since he played in the shotgun. His arm strength did show well though and I still think he is the 3rd QB to be taken.

Connor Cook tested well athletically, displayed good arm strength and most importantly in the interview I saw he answered all of the "character issues" the media assigned to him. I think he will end up being the number 4 QB taken.

Hackenberg tested out well athletically but his accuracy was not consistent although it is evident he has a top notch arm. I think he is a viable 2nd round QB. His issues are more due to the beating he took at Penn State under Franklin.

Driskel tested out very well athletically and his come back season at La Tech makes him intriguing. He ran a 4.56 40 at 234 lbs which is very good - if he were black their would be a buzz generated about him today but since he is white his performance is only mentioned in passing.

The supposed athletic QBs all fell flat on their faces - Prescott is the one that the media is trying to get behind as the 3rd QB behind Wentz and Goff which is laughable. Vernon Adams who was the anointed heisman winner before last college season is undersized and slow yet people still think he is the type of QB that can run Chip Kelly's offense. Trayvon Boykin also fell flat athletically but that didn't stop Bucky Brooks from saying he could be a "Slash" type player or WR/RB even though he tested out below average for those positions.

I think the QB position should pan out like this as I don't see much changing:

1. Goff
2 Wentz
3. Lynch
4 Cook
5. Hackenberg
6. Hogan
7. Doughty
8. Sudfeld
9. Kessler
10. Driskel

I think Brandon Allen, Jake Coker and
Matt Johnson are all guys that are also viable draft candidates. Why Vernon Adams and Trayvon Boykin got combine invites over Coker and Johnson is a crime.

I believe that any forward looking teams can appreciate the depth in this draft and pick a QB to either start from day one or develop.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here is some more of that insanity and double speak Don touched on:

A safety who gets it

You have to to give it to Ohio State safety Vonn Bell for his honest assessment of his game. He said he needed to work on his run defense because it wasn't good enough last season.
"Sometimes you get lazy, but as I've seen on film, sitting down with some scouts, they was tearing me up a little bit," he said. "It's something to fix. It's not hard to fix. Just got to run to the ball a little harder."
So why will it change now?
"Got to be passionate, these guys are playing for their livelihoods, you've got to be more passionate," he said. "You got to get paid. You don't want to be on the streets now."
But they play for the love of the game, right?
Bell is a rangy safety who can run. There is great value in that. He should be a second-round pick in the April draft.

Can you imagine a white player ever saying this and even more ridiculous being applauded for it?

The Hock

Master
Well sounds like this Vonn Bell guy is just pragmatic. Saving himself for when he gets paid. When it really counts.

Gives a little insight into some of those post Big Contract drop-offs we've seen.

Heretic

Master
9zv81k.jpg

The Hock

Master
Some guy name of Rose (NFL Channel?) caught off camera calling Carson Wentz "the next Cleveland ex-quarterback."

Nothing to go ballistic over, but maybe a clue to a certain bias in the media.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The NFL network feed just felt obligated to bring up clowneys 40 time - we all know how much that has helped his career

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The NFL network feed just felt obligated to bring up clowneys 40 time - we all know how much that has helped his career

Ya they're comparing his 40 to Joey Bosa's. It's by design to try and discredit Bosa. It's ****** pathetic. Wouldn't be surprised if Bosa slides now (4.8 40)

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
There are a lot of these dlinemen with very mediocre college productivity

Every Damn year its like that. At least this year we're better represented than normal. Zimmer should have got an invite. His 46 bench reps would have been best bench outing by 13 reps!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ya they're comparing his 40 to Joey Bosa's. It's by design to try and discredit Bosa. It's ****** pathetic. Wouldn't be surprised if Bosa slides now (4.8 40)

Yea Bosa will be fine at the next level. Gonna do another write up after the lbs work out.

Heretic

Master
Stanford TE Austin Hooper had a very good combine, probably solidifying the second TE pick after Hunter Henry.

Heretic

Master
The 40-yd is so overrated for DE prospects. The 10-yd, strength/power, and agility are far more important.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Their was just a free shoes university dline with the following career stats:
3 tfl 2 sacks

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Their was just a free shoes university dline with the following career stats:
3 tfl 2 sacks

I'm sure he was a 4 or 5 star prospect with tons of offers. Dat upside.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford TE Austin Hooper had a very good combine, probably solidifying the second TE pick after Hunter Henry.

I was disappointed Henry didn't participate in all the drills. He probably
Won't be picked until the second round now.

Heretic

Master
IMO, Dean Lowry is the best DE prospect in this draft. He was a beast in the Northwestern games I watched, a very active and disruptive player that was often double-teamed.

He ran consecutive 4.88/40's (at 6'6" 280lbs), and put up 30 reps of 225lbs.

From another website that shows other DE projected to go in the 3rd-round or earlier, while Lowry may go undrafted (which should be considered a crime (of being White)). If "Moneyball" was applied to football, he'd be a top-round pick.

34zx9qo.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
IMO, Dean Lowry is the best DE prospect in this draft. He was a beast in the Northwestern games I watched, a very active and disruptive player that was often double-teamed.

He ran consecutive 4.88/40's (at 6'6" 280lbs), and put up 30 reps of 225lbs.

From another website that shows other DE projected to go in the 3rd-round or earlier, while Lowry may go undrafted (which should be considered a crime (of being White)). If "Moneyball" was applied to football, he'd be a top-round pick.

34zx9qo.jpg

Agreed saw a lot of him in college. Great bargain pick. He could play 3-4 end or kick inside as DT in 4-3. I'm biased but I'd love to see GB draft him.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Henry should have ran his 40! Greg Olsen was 100% right in saying every TE should embrace the stress and show they can compete under pressure! Hooper had a solid showing.

I also thought Harvard TE Ben Braunecker had a good showing. He's 6'3 250 (4.73 40). Beau Sandland 6'4 250 of Montana St. Also flashed (4.73 40)

David Morgan another small school guy outta Texas San Antonio caught my eye with 30 reps on the bench press making him this year's strongest TE. He ran 5 flat 40 at 6'4 260 he'll stick around the league if he can block!