2016 College Football Week 1

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as a follow up to the above post, Eriksen touched the ball only 5 more times in the second half, yet he finished the game with 97 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns. on just 12 carries.

as their game against Temple nears its end, Army's sophomore linebacker-turned-tailback Andy Davidson is the White Knights leading rusher, with 17 carries for 76 yards and 1 touchdown.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great updates Jimmy. I've been watching the Stanford vs Kansas State Game. Not too much to talk about as far
as McCaffrey is concerned. The offensive line seems to be struggling but Burns is 7-7 and a touchdown as the
new qb. Now late 2nd quarter they are playing the backup qb. Not sure why as Burns looked really good.

One more thing. Christian McCaffrey did have a 94 yard punt return for a td but they called it back for a block
in the back. Just on cue as I'm writing this McCaffrey breaks off for a 34 yard td run. He now has good numbers
with 12 rushes for 72 yards and a touchdown. The kid jukes defenders out of their cleats and then turns on the jets! He
is by far the most exciting player in all of college football.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a follow-up ... Army's Andy Davidson (see my post above) finished as the game's leading rusher, with 22 carries for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns. it was a nice outing in his first start as a collegiate tailback.

as an aside, Army passed for only 15 yards in the contest. when any running back picks up nice yardage with a good per-carry average when the defense has ZERO concern for the passing game, is always impressive to me. tonight, Davidson popped off with 5.5 yards per.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Army, with their 11 Whites, beating the super black Temple squad (3) was cool. Caste Buffalo, with their 6 staters and black quarterback, losing to an FCS team was also funny. These type of programs are really scrapping the barrel to find black "talent".

I just saw McCaffery's punt return highlight. One of the best I've ever seen! All of his many skills on display there. He breaks a lot of tackles for a supposed "small back".

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
a follow-up ... Army's Andy Davidson (see my post above) finished as the game's leading rusher, with 22 carries for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns. it was a nice outing in his first start as a collegiate tailback.

as an aside, Army passed for only 15 yards in the contest. when any running back picks up nice yardage with a good per-carry average when the defense has ZERO concern for the passing game, is always impressive to me. tonight, Davidson popped off with 5.5 yards per.

To be fair army has gone back to the option which would explain the lack of passes but Andy Davidson along with the kid from EMU playing really well is nice to see. Outside of McCaffrey and Nall I was not expecting to see much out of the rb position.

TwentyTwo

Master
In a fair world...HOW MANY white RB's could there be rushing for (or near) 100 yards in a game; out of 128 teams; but are stuck playing different positions?? Andy Davidson a former Linebacker converted to Running Back...Ryan Nall a H-Back/Tight End converted to Running Back.....are two good examples right off the bat!

Temple Defense hurting after losing NFL talent Ioannidis & Matakevich + their QB has regressed

Cal-Poly QB Dano Graves rushed for 140 yards on 26 carries & 2 TD's in OT loss to Nevada

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I remember hearing about Dano Graves on this site a couple years ago. Pretty sure he was HS teammate of YouTube legend Cody Paul!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cody Thompson had a nice game for Toledo 5 rec 174 yards and 1 TD.

Toledo's Cody Thompson, a 6-foot-2 junior, is perhaps the most under-appreciated, under-rated, and overlooked big play threat in the country. even most of us here at CF don't give him enough credit.

he's so good, that he makes plays like this one look routine. last year as a sophomore, he was #3 in the country in yards-per-catch (22.3) while leading his team with 825 yards and 5 touchdowns through the air.

this season, he's picking up right where he left off ... on the road tearing through the defending Sun Belt Champion Red Wolves secondary like a, well, Rocket. pun! he had multiple big plays on the night, including catches of 48 and 54 yards, as well as the above 16-yard touchdown. his dazzling run-after-catch ability literally leaves defensive blacks *TM* grasping at air and sprawling on the ground. he did have a fumble, which marred his otherwise stellar performance. he finished with 174 yards on 5 catches for an eye-popping 34.5 yards-per-reception in his season debut. imagine what he could do if he had some explosiveness or athleticism!

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
Well McCaffrey looks better than ever. Stanford didn't look super but they looked better than they did in the opener last year. The new QB actually looks to have a better arm than Hogan and the defense looks a lot less porous. McCaffrey's Heisman chances will be tied to the team success. It looks promising.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good caste matchup on right now - Ga Tech vs. BC

LB Connor Strachan making plays - the announcer just said he plays LB but has the speed of a strong safety (a back handed caste compliment IMO)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If BC loses it is due to the affletic secondary giving up two huge passing plays to Ga Techs midget black quarterback who isn't even a solid passer.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
If BC loses it is due to the affletic secondary giving up two huge passing plays to Ga Techs midget black quarterback who isn't even a solid passer.

Very vanilla play calling their last possession. 2 runs and a fumble and they punt it away. BC is white friendly but they can never take next step in getting better.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Very vanilla play calling their last possession. 2 runs and a fumble and they punt it away. BC is white friendly but they can never take next step in getting better.

Addazio obviously cant adjust to his QB. He is running the dumbed down black quarterback offense that was the joke of major college football last year. Let Towle's throw the ball.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Addazio obviously cant adjust to his QB. He is running the dumbed down black quarterback offense that was the joke of major college football last year. Let Towle's throw the ball.

Agreed. Addazio is a decent defensive coach can't run an offense to save his life. I think it's time he gets canned.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
BCs front seven is so good and white - too bad they have that bad secondary

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
BCs front seven is so good and white - too bad they have that bad secondary

Full of affletes from Florida I'm sure. Either way BC isn't going to win many games putting up 14 points a game, no matter how solid that front 7 is.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Interested to see who Michigan sends out there as the starting QB today. Kind of pulling for John O'Korn

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
so i clicked on a random game as i relaxed this evening waiting for the Stanford-Kansas State contest, and it turns out that White athletes are pretty damn good at playing defense ...

U Albany only started two blue collar overachievers of their defensive 11 against heavily favored Buffalo, but its readily apparent they are their two most impactful. redshirt junior outside linebacker Michael Nicastro is all over the field, his golden locks flying like Thor's. he had an interception on the game's opening series, returning it nearly for a score. (the touchdown thereafter, by the way, was from a White quarterback passing to a White fullback.) Nicastro destroyed his knee in this same game a year ago, but he appears to be fully recovered. the team captain is a man amongst (black) boys.

in the secondary, redshirt senior safety Kyle Sakowski is a BIG hitter. in just the first 4 minutes of game play, he's already LIT UP a couple of Buffalo Bulls. i don't know how good a player he is, but the dude can HIT!

one wonders, then, why there are so few White players out on the field in this (or virtually any) collegiate football game. Buffalo, for instance, didn't start a single cracker.

as an aside, Albany has an early 7-0 lead in their upset bid.

i wanted to follow up on my thoughts of this game ... U Albany of the FCS ended up knocking off FBS Buffalo, 22-16, thanks in large part to their two hard hat wearing, playbook studying gym rats on defense. team captain and outside linebacker Michael Nicastro finished the game tied for the team lead with 11 total tackles along with the early interception i mentioned previously. big-hitting Kyle Sakowski also snared an interception, broke up another pass, and finished with 7 total tackles.

one wonders, then, why Albany plays so few White players on defense ... and Buffalo didn't play any. but, i think i repeat myself.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
i wanted to follow up on my thoughts of this game ... U Albany of the FCS ended up knocking off FBS Buffalo, 22-16, thanks in large part to their two hard hat wearing, playbook studying gym rats on defense. team captain and outside linebacker Michael Nicastro finished the game tied for the team lead with 11 total tackles along with the early interception i mentioned previously. big-hitting Kyle Sakowski also snared an interception, broke up another pass, and finished with 7 total tackles.

one wonders, then, why Albany plays so few White players on defense ... and Buffalo didn't play any. but, i think i repeat myself.

It looks like former Wisconsin-Whitewater and current Buffalo coach Lance Leipold is another small school coach willing to sell out his recruiting style once promoted to a bigger job!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Aaron Rodgers the only talking heads on ESPN picking the Badgers. I'm ready for Watt and Biegel to tear Brandon Harris apart today. Wisconsin front7 is loaded but they won't get credit because they play white guys and the SEC bias that LSU has better athletes and playmakers. We'll see. I'm predicting 20-17 win Wisconsin!