2016 College Football News

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have heard Kyle Allen may follow Herman to Texas which will hamper Shane Beuchele's development.

Also saw this regarding Mark Helfrich:
Oregon HC Mark Helfrich said that he will meet with AD Rob Mullens to discuss his future with the program during "midweek."

Awkward awkward awkward. Following Saturday's loss to Oregon State, USA Today's George Schroeder reported that Oregon is expected to swing the axe on Helfrich's job following a 4-8 season. The coach called Mullens, reasonably asking for a person-to-person meeting. However, Mullens is on the College Football Playoff committee and is currently traveling to Dallas to attend to those duties, making such a meeting impossible until some point later in the week. Until then, Helfrich will just have to wait. He said that he "[doesn't] know anything" at this juncture.

Justin Herbert established himself as a very good QB in his freshman year so this decision could cause Herbert to lose his job.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I have heard Kyle Allen may follow Herman to Texas which will hamper Shane Beuchele's development.

Also saw this regarding Mark Helfrich:
Oregon HC Mark Helfrich said that he will meet with AD Rob Mullens to discuss his future with the program during "midweek."

Awkward awkward awkward. Following Saturday's loss to Oregon State, USA Today's George Schroeder reported that Oregon is expected to swing the axe on Helfrich's job following a 4-8 season. The coach called Mullens, reasonably asking for a person-to-person meeting. However, Mullens is on the College Football Playoff committee and is currently traveling to Dallas to attend to those duties, making such a meeting impossible until some point later in the week. Until then, Helfrich will just have to wait. He said that he "[doesn't] know anything" at this juncture.

Justin Herbert established himself as a very good QB in his freshman year so this decision could cause Herbert to lose his job.

Ruthless, Helfrich has 37-16 record with one down year they want him out. I'd say it's pretty ridiculous considering he's developed a talented true Freshman they can build towards the future with.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ruthless, Helfrich has 37-16 record with one down year they want him out. I'd say it's pretty ridiculous considering he's developed a talented true Freshman they can build towards the future with.

Yea it is a pretty young team overall. They actually became a team I liked watching this year. I think Hoke should get fired rather than Helfrich.

Heretic

Master
I'm really suspicious of the so-called "racial slurs" that all-of-a-sudden were "stories" in a couple of games from yesterday. First there was an allegation from an Iowa DT that more than one Nebraska player on offense used one against him, then there's an allegation by a South Carolina defensive player that a Clemson OL used the one against them. Both of these unsubstantiated claims were, of course, in the list of news links on BSPN's college football home page.

Then, late this morning when I went to check the weather on one of the local news sites where I'm at, there was a story about an alleged "gay slur" used against someone at some event. I can't help but think there's some type of orchestration going on here with the MSM. My guess would be to try to paint a false "hostile" cultural narrative ever since Trump was elected so the (((talking heads))) can bring this up in certain articles as "proof" of the "racist", "homophobic", "xenophobic" narrative they are always trying to (falsely) push on Trump supporters to discredit him, his supporters and the overall movement.

Heretic

Master
If Helfrich were black (with that win/loss record) the (((media))) would be outraged that him being fired was even being considered.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Biased Bucky Brooks is doing his best to generate draft buzz next year for pip squeak Devante Kincade AAQB from Grambling who plays in weak ass SWAC conference. Caste media constantly promoting their anti white/ black power narrative when pumping up prospects. This guy honestly believes 6ft 190lb dual threat is somehow NFL material. Must be that upside he had coming out of HS as a 4star recruit .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Biased Bucky Brooks is doing his best to generate draft buzz next year for pip squeak Devante Kincade AAQB from Grambling who plays in weak ass SWAC conference. Caste media constantly promoting their anti white/ black power narrative when pumping up prospects. This guy honestly believes 6ft 190lb dual threat is somehow NFL material. Must be that upside he had coming out of HS as a 4star recruit .

The SWAC is a joke of a conference. He does not mention that EWU QB Gage Gubrud has dominated in the FCS.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The SWAC is a joke of a conference. He does not mention that EWU QB Gage Gubrud has dominated in the FCS.

Ya this is 2nd time last few weeks he's hyping this bum. I remember you bringing it up few weeks back.

Phall

Master
San Jose St and Nevada fire their coaches

Interesting. Both are white coaches, certainly neither a traditional powerhouse even within their conferences.

via our Heretic:
Since 2007, San Jose State has started 6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 7, 10, 9 and 4 Whites.
The 2016 San Jose State Spartans look to start 7 Whites.

Since 2005, Nevada has started 15, 12, 6, 4, 6, 11, 10, 11, 9 and 5 Whites
The 2016 Nevada Wolfpack look to start 7 Whites

"White starters" isn't really a pure metric, especially in colleges with regime overhaul and legacy considerations.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
If Helfrich were black (with that win/loss record) the (((media))) would be outraged that him being fired was even being considered.

Heck, Charlie Strong has the worst record in Texas history over his three years, yet a majority of the media was blaming "racist" Texas for firing him so soon, saying it wasn't at all his fault the team sucked. If a black coach with Helfrich's record was fired, the media would probably want an investigation into the school's President, AD, and boosters to see if they were "rayciss."

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Heck, Charlie Strong has the worst record in Texas history over his three years, yet a majority of the media was blaming "racist" Texas for firing him so soon, saying it wasn't at all his fault the team sucked. If a black coach with Helfrich's record was fired, the media would probably want an investigation into the school's President, AD, and boosters to see if they were "rayciss."

If he is let go it sounds like Harstin from Boise St and PJ Fleck are candidates for the job.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Helfrich should have fired DC Brady Hoke midseason in an effort to save his own back.. Hopefully next coach plans on developing Herbert. We'll see where Helfrich ends up, totally screwed over by Oregon!

Phall

Master

Rich Rodriguez set the precedent for short leash on a historic pole. Charlie Strong was perhaps on borrowed time this season. Man, if it wasn't for racism, 4-7 at Texas in Year Three would be completely fine. Lol didn't we elect Obama?

CrazyFinn

Mentor
I'm watching the Pac-12 championship game and a guy by the name of Taylor Rapp is playing defensive back for WA. He's a true freshman and just had a pick-6, followed by another INT on the very next series. I think he's white, but I'm a bit uncertain, seems to have maybe some Asian/Pacific Islander heritage? What do you think? If he's white and only a freshman, I'm going to be rooting hard for this kid, especially since he's playing a forbidden position.

image.jpeg

Heretic

Master
He looks like more of a mix between White and East Asian as opposed to White and Poly. Anyway, he's definitely caste, so I'll root for him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It sounds like Fleck may be the candidate at Oregon. He is a caste victim himself but I honestly have no hope he will carry over fair recruiting practices to Oregon. If hired I hope he is 100% behind Justin Herbert as the long term QB.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tuberville quits Cincinatti. Oregon has interviewed BSU's Harstin and USF coach Willie Taggart who gets closet racist Tony Dungey's seal of approval (no surprise there). I'd rather Fleck or Harstin take the Oregon job as they have been more white friendly than Taggart.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tuberville quits Cincinatti. Oregon has interviewed BSU's Harstin and USF coach Willie Taggart who gets closet racist Tony Dungey's seal of approval (no surprise there). I'd rather Fleck or Harstin take the Oregon job as they have been more white friendly than Taggart.

Lol. So sick of Dungy, funny how he never endorses a white coach!! Dungy was so soft spoken as a coach, there's not a bone in his body that could pump up a toddler.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm will be Purdue's next head coach, according to Pat Forde of Yahoo.

Brohm's brother and offensive coordinator Brian Brohm will join him. Purdue and Les Miles had been a popular pairing for some time, but national reports recently stated the connection would not happen. In just a few days, Brohm's name was listed with plenty of programs. Purdue fans should be excited about the hire, as Brohm as put together consistent offenses since taking over and put together a 15-1 conference record over the last two seasons.