2015 Virginia Tech Hokies

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Virginia Tech may have beaten Ohio State last year, but they were very inconsistent otherwise. Michael Brewer will need to improve upon his last season if the Hokies want to be in ACC Title contention. Since 2005, the Hokies have started 5, 5, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, and 8 white starters. With no white starters on defense this year, it looks like a drop back down to 7, which seems to be Frank Beamer's preferred number of white starters over the last few years. Backups: LG Parker Osterloh, C Colt Pettit, RG Braxton Pfaff, DE Vinny Mihota, and MLB Sean Huelskamp.

Offense
QB - Michael Brewer
FB - Sam Rogers
TE - Ryan Malleck - in a fight for the position.
LG - Wyatt Teller
C - Eric Gallo
RG - Augie Conte
RT - Wade Hansen

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brewer had one of the grittier performances I could remember when he willed Va Tech to the win over Ohio State last year. Other than that he was up and down throughout the season. I hope he is more consistent this year and also hope they beat Ohio state again this season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I can't stand teams that have zero balance in white starters on both side of the ball. Seriously last white defender I can remember at VA Tech was Cody Grimm. His dad being a NFL coordinator opened doors for him to start. Rare for a pale face on this team. Hooray for Hokies starting a white QB 2years in a row!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I can't stand teams that have zero balance in white starters on both side of the ball. Seriously last white defender I can remember at VA Tech was Cody Grimm. His dad being a NFL coordinator opened doors for him to start. Rare for a pale face on this team. Hooray for Hokies starting a white QB 2years in a row!

Actually, this is the first year in a while that Tech hasn't had a white defender starting. After Grimm left, it was MLB Jack Tyler (who was a good player, of course overlooked by the NFL), then MLB Chase Williams (the son of NFL DC Greg Williams), who just graduated after last season. I believe OLB Derek Di Nardo also started at some point last year with Williams.