2015 MLB Season

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I still can't get over the white resurgence in baseball over the past few years. It's such a good thing, makes me enjoy my favorite game again as it did when I was a kid.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I love what i'm seeing from Kris Bryant. The only thing missing is some homers.

Big, 6' 5 Cubs rookie 3rd baseman Bryant has homered in his last 2 games including tonight in his first at bat!

Possibly, yet another star on the horizon.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yeah Leonardfan, I had forgotten Rizzo. He's having another great year after last season's all star performance now batting .333!

Yea he is. Cannot really think of a duo like Rizzo/Bryant in the MLB currently. They are an exciting pair to watch. It's also nice seeing the baseball thread getting some attention and posts. Their really seems to be somewhat of a renaissance going on with so many talented young white athletes really becoming the best players in the game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yea he is. Cannot really think of a duo like Rizzo/Bryant in the MLB currently. They are an exciting pair to watch. It's also nice seeing the baseball thread getting some attention and posts. Their really seems to be somewhat of a renaissance going on with so many talented young white athletes really becoming the best players in the game.

Well, if Mark Trumbo of Arizona could get just a little hotter, he and Paul Goldschmidt are a pretty formidable pair! Trumbo is batting .287, 4 HR's and 3 Triples and of course Goldschmidt is in the top 2 or 3 in a lot of offensive categories.

Holliday and Carpenter are a little under the radar for St. Louis. They're not hitting a lot of HR's, but they are both well over .300, BA. for the league leading Cardinals.

Votto, Frazier, and Cozart are a pretty good 1,2,3 punch for Cincinnati, although the Reds are struggling.

Maybe you were speaking in terms of age?

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Well, if Mark Trumbo of Arizona could get just a little hotter, he and Paul Goldschmidt are a pretty formidable pair! Trumbo is batting .287, 4 HR's and 3 Triples and of course Goldschmidt is in the top 2 or 3 in a lot of offensive categories.

Holliday and Carpenter are a little under the radar for St. Louis. They're not hitting a lot of HR's, but they are both well over .300, BA. for the league leading Cardinals.

Votto, Frazier, and Cozart are a pretty good 1,2,3 punch for Cincinnati, although the Reds are struggling.

Maybe you were speaking in terms of age?

Age and "star power" if you will. They are getting alot more media buzz and they both very young to be such great hitters.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Brewers fielding a majority black/Dominican lineup tonight. It's hilarious how they say blacks are fading from baseball when the majority of Latin players would be considered black in our country. The American brothas don't consider them their own?! They don't like that they talk like amigos. Lol

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Age and "star power" if you will. They are getting alot more media buzz and they both very young to be such great hitters.

Bryant homers again! Like the 3rd time in 4 days.

Trumbo hits 2 HR's

Donaldson HR number 8
Vogt, OAK., HR # 9
Seager SEA. HR

Holliday HR and 4 RBI and BA. 346, leading league in OBP%.

Hosmer, Moustakas, and Gordon all go deep for KC!

Frazier HR # 11....and

Harper hits # 12 and BA. is up to .308.

Harper is smoking hot right now. 13 for his last 23 and 7 HR's! I hope it continues!

Big night for white stars in the MLB!

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Harper hits HR number 15!

Teixeira number 12

Donaldson, TOR. 9

Could've been an even bigger night for Harper, he's left 4 on base, however, it's tied in the 8th. Could go into extra innings with harper to get another AB.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Harper hits HR number 15!

Teixeira number 12

Donaldson, TOR. 9

Could've been an even bigger night for Harper, he's left 4 on base, however, it's tied in the 8th. Could go into extra innings with harper to get another AB.

Harper with a power surge!!

PHillisFan

Master
Big, 6' 5 Cubs rookie 3rd baseman Bryant has homered in his last 2 games including tonight in his first at bat!

Possibly, yet another star on the horizon.

Bryant and Rizzo went back to back!

Yeah Leonardfan, I had forgotten Rizzo. He's having another great year after last season's all star performance now batting .333!

Rizzo and Bryant will become future legends in Chicago. They are fun to watch. I remember when watching Grace and Sandberg was worth it even though the Cubs record was always below 500.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Madison Bumgarner and the Giants beat Kershaw and the Dodgers again! 4-0.

Bumgarner also took Kershaw deep for a HR!

Bumgarner is just a BEAST!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Pretty good day in MLB as far as hitting HR's are concerned.....

Frazier, CIN. 13
Braun, MIL. 12
Donaldson, TOR. 10
Trumbo, AZ. 7

Bryant, Chicago's rookie sensation... number 6.

Harper went 1/3, double.

Trout and the Angels just beginning.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Another great evening beginning to shape up in MLB, HR's so far.....

Harper, WA. 17
Teixeira, NY. 14
Donaldson, TOR. 11

.... hopefully more to come.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
All-Star Vote

Your American League Selections

• 68_407893.png

Teixeira, M
  • 68_543401.png

Kipnis, J
  • 68_543543.png

Miller, B
  • 68_518626.png

Donaldson, J
  • 68_519390.png

Vogt, S
  • 68_434778.png

Morales, K
  • 68_458731.png

Gardner, B
  • 68_502210.png

Reddick, J
  • 68_545361.png

Trout, M

So go on mlb.com and vote. So many of our guys are doing well this year so compiling a team is easy.

To explain my picks. Teix, Kipnis, Donaldson, Vogt and Trout are all top of their position. SS is weak so Miller was the best of a less than impressive bunch. Reddick is having a great year so far. Gardner is a solid pick but you could go in other directions. I'm a homer for the Yankees. Morales was my only non-White but he's deserving as one of the RBI leaders on a good team. Cruz and A-Rod have better numbers but both are drug cheats so that's why I voted for him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
All-Star Vote

Your National League Selections

• 68_502671.png

Goldschmidt, P
  • 68_518934.png

LeMahieu, D
  • 68_543063.png

Crawford, B
  • 68_453943.png

Frazier, T
  • 68_457763.png

Posey, B
  • 68_547180.png

Harper, B
  • 68_407812.png

Holliday, M
  • 68_592626.png

Pederson, J

In the NL, Goldschmidt, Harper, Frazier, Crawford, Posey and Pederson are all at the top of their position class. At 2nd their are other options but LeMahieu has been amongst the league leaders in batting average all year. Holliday's power numbers are down but he's solid everywhere else.

I'd be curious to see some other CFers' ballots.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Your National League Selections

• 68_502671.png

Goldschmidt, P
  • 68_518934.png

LeMahieu, D
  • 68_543063.png

Crawford, B
  • 68_453943.png

Frazier, T
  • 68_457763.png

Posey, B
  • 68_547180.png

Harper, B
  • 68_407812.png

Holliday, M
  • 68_592626.png

Pederson, J

In the NL, Goldschmidt, Harper, Frazier, Crawford, Posey and Pederson are all at the top of their position class. At 2nd their are other options but LeMahieu has been amongst the league leaders in batting average all year. Holliday's power numbers are down but he's solid everywhere else.

I'd be curious to see some other CFers' ballots.

Pretty solid lineup Freethinker. You could make a case for Minnesota's 2nd baseman Dozier with 9 HR's and is second in runs scored, 37.

KC's Hosmer at 1st with a .305 BA and 30 RBI, but I would still go with Teixeira as the starter.

In the NL, St. Louis's 3rd baseman Carpenter is hitting .319, 8 HR's, 27 RBI, and .388 OBP.

...and if SF's Hunter Pence stays hot after coming back from injury, he could make a case. He has 10 RBI, 2 HR's, and batting .329 in just 11 games!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks CS. All good suggestions.

I went with Kipnis over Dozier because Jason is leading the AL in WAR (wins above replacement). That's right, Kipnis has a higher WAR right now than even Mike Trout. Even here at CF it seems that Kipnis is underrated and flew under the radar.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kipinis had a down year last season and started this season off slow. He has been on fire the whole month of May though. We need more middle infielders to make an impact, especially at shortstop. I was hoping for big things from Miller and Owings who played well last year but has been moved over to 2b for the dbacks this season.

I might be a little bitter at Kipinis because I drafted him in fantasy baseball last year haha. He's a good player for the tribe though. He's a 20/20 guy with .300 ability though.