2015 MLB Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Bryce Harper Hits HR number 5 and Mike Trout also homers, number 4 and is leading the AL in runs with 16. Trout is batting .318 and seems to be striking out a lot less this season. He led the league (184), last year. The only thing he seemed to lack last season was a better BA. and more SB's. I believe he's second in the AL in SB's, 5, thus far.

Phall

Master
The Orioles will host the White Sox tonight in an empty stadium. Yesterday was the first time since 9/11 that Baltimore had a home game postponed for non-weather reasons. The only previous postponements for civil unrest in baseball history were in Los Angeles during the 1992 Rodney King riots and Detroit for the 1967 race riots.

On the plus side, the new commissioner must be pleased that blacks are finally coming out to the ballpark :lol: :drum:

In Europe, the empty stadium is used as a punishment when a franchise's fans misbehave or their front office has broken a financial regulation. On top of tonight's empty Camden Yards, the Orioles will be playing the weekend's home series in their minor league ballpark in Florida. Obviously, this robs the team of the crowd advantage and also negates ticket (and concessions/merchandise) revenue. But Baltimore did nothing wrong - they just have to pay a 'black tax' for being a 65% black city.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trout, 2/3 last night with a HR and Double and 3 RBI, leading the league in runs scored, 18.

Harper 2/4, 3 runs scored.

Goldschmidt, 3/4, RBI, 2 runs scored and hitting .338.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Trout, 2/3 last night with a HR and Double and 3 RBI, leading the league in runs scored, 18.

Harper 2/4, 3 runs scored.

Goldschmidt, 3/4, RBI, 2 runs scored and hitting .338.

Awesome! . I see that Ryan Braun is starting to Heat up hit his 4th homer yesterday after very slow start. Also Adam Lind is looking like a GREAT pickup at 1st base! He is off to a hot start and he clocked his 150th career homer the other day so congrats to him on that!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joc Pederson is off to a great start as the center fielder for the Dodgers as well. He is fun to watch.
Jake Marsinick of the Astros and Kevin Kermaier of the Rays are two young outstanding outfields as well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In the Oakland A's versus LA Angels game that is going on right now, both teams are starting lineups of 8 White athletes. The SS for both squads being the only guy of a darker hue.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Joc Pederson is off to a great start as the center fielder for the Dodgers as well. He is fun to watch.
Jake Marsinick of the Astros and Kevin Kermaier of the Rays are two young outstanding outfields as well.

Yes, lots of great white and young talent in the MLB right now. In addition to the ones mentioned, there is young (24) Wil Myers, leading off for San Diego and has started well. Leading the NL in runs, 21. Batting .286 with 4 HR's and 15 RBI's.

Kris Bryant, the 6'5 3rd baseman for the Cubs is playing well, batting .318.

......and a number of veterans are playing well also including Mark Teixeira, the active white HR leader at 371.

Also, Matt Holiday is sizzling for the Cardinals. The career .308 hitter is batting .371 and is leading the league in OBP at .500. Amazing!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
In the Oakland A's versus LA Angels game that is going on right now, both teams are starting lineups of 8 White athletes. The SS for both squads being the only guy of a darker hue.

Trout another HR, (6), today. He went 2/4, HR, RBI, and 2 runs scored. Now batting .333 and leading the league in runs, (22). However, the Angels lose again. It will be a shame if we don't get to see Trout in the post season.

PHillisFan

Master
I love what i'm seeing from Kris Bryant. The only thing missing is some homers.

PHillisFan

Master
Good stuff Freethinker. The Red Sox have sold out and have decided that giving undeserving cubans ridiculous amounts of money is the way to go. They are a far cry from the past decade of Red Sox teams.

The Dodgers aren't a terrible team - they have the overrated cuban Puig that BSPN latched onto early but he has proven to be maybe slightly better than average. Joc Pederson is a guy I am excited about on the dodgers as well as their 20 year old shortstop prospect Seager (the younger brother of Mariners 3B Kyle Seager).

Guys, the Dodgers have a young white cuban infielder Alex Guerrero. Special talent. Dodger could become of the whiter teams in mlb by next season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Guys, the Dodgers have a young white cuban infielder Alex Guerrero. Special talent. Dodger could become of the whiter teams in mlb by next season.

A white Cuban in MLB these days?! That's rare. I known it used to be quite common in 70s and 80s but they prefer a different hue. There was a thread a while back detailing many of the White Cubans to play over the years. I find it enjoyable explaining to people the diversity of Latin America. It's common for people to think everyone from that region is a Mestizo.But History like every subject in US schools these days is declining in quality.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I know the Dodgers have a white stud SS prospect. He is the younger brother of Mariners 3b Kyle seager.

PHillisFan

Master
A white Cuban in MLB these days?! That's rare. I known it used to be quite common in 70s and 80s but they prefer a different hue. There was a thread a while back detailing many of the White Cubans to play over the years. I find it enjoyable explaining to people the diversity of Latin America. It's common for people to think everyone from that region is a Mestizo.But History like every subject in US schools these days is declining in quality.

Well I can't tell you i'm 100 certain he's white. He passes the eye test, like the marlins' jose fernandez. I know white athletes from latin america like this are rare like kiko alonso.

attachment.php

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mmzmksxzyKo/maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• d01_jd_13apr_topes1-640x427.jpg
    d01_jd_13apr_topes1-640x427.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Forget Alex Guerrero.

Forget Puig.

It's all about Joc Pederson on the Dodgers right now. The CFer, who usually hits leadoff, had his 7th homerun yesterday. He's now tied for 3rd in the NL. His .270 average is good but his .421 On Base Percentage is exceptional. He needs to cut down on his strikeouts and improve his stolen base running (caught 3 out of 4 times). He's only a rookie so I'm really nitpicking there but the sky is the limit for this guy. I'd say he's got much more "upside" that the media hype-job Puig.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Forget Alex Guerrero.

Forget Puig.

It's all about Joc Pederson on the Dodgers right now. The CFer, who usually hits leadoff, had his 7th homerun yesterday. He's now tied for 3rd in the NL. His .270 average is good but his .421 On Base Percentage is exceptional. He needs to cut down on his strikeouts and improve his stolen base running (caught 3 out of 4 times). He's only a rookie so I'm really nitpicking there but the sky is the limit for this guy. I'd say he's got much more "upside" that the media hype-job Puig.

Awesome! I've been hearing a lot about this guy last few weeks excited to finally see him play tonight as the Brewers vs Dodgers face off. Also congrats to Craig Counsell new manager of Brewers!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
One of my favorite young outfielders is the Reds Todd Frazier he has 9 homers so far!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Wow, Bryce Harper has homered in his first 3 at bats this afternoon! He will get at least 1 more at bat. How awesome would it be if he could hit 4....

Edit: The second homer is being reported as a 442 foot long blast!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Wow, Bryce Harper has homered in his first 3 at bats this afternoon! He will get at least 1 more at bat. How awesome would it be if he could hit 4....

Great! Maybe this will help him break out of a mild slump he was in, BA. had dropped to .245!

I'm trying to be patient. I have to remember he's still only 22, but he's been in the league now for his fourth season, however, he has been injured as well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great! Maybe this will help him break out of a mild slump he was in, BA. had dropped to .245!

I'm trying to be patient. I have to remember he's still only 22, but he's been in the league now for his fourth season, however, he has been injured as well.
Unless the Nats closer blows the save, it looks like Harper will not get a chance for a 4th homer. By the way, he had an RBI ground out in his 4th AB.

I think the most positive development is that Harper is leading MLB in walks this year. He had 26 coming into today which is 3 more than the next player. This shows that his patience at the plate is improving. It also shows that pitchers fear him and are pitching around him. The Nats lineup has some injuries and has had some struggles. When that picks up Harper should get some more protection and I'd expect his average and RBI opportunities to increase.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Pederson hits 2 HR's tonight, numbers 8 and 9.

Trout hits number 7.

Goldschmidt hits number 7.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Pederson hits 2 HR's tonight, numbers 8 and 9.

Trout hits number 7.

Goldschmidt hits number 7.

Awesome there is a lot of young white talent flowing into the MLB right now!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joc Pedersen is becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He has already shown more athleticism and power than the overrated and oft injured Puig. Hopefully he continues to stay hot and overtake Puig as the face of the franchise.

Bourjos has also been a spark plug for the Cardinals. He is probably the fastest player in the game.

Shane Robinson made one of the best catches of the year last night.

Jake Marsinick is also having a really good year to this point for the Astros.

Baseball has become much more enjoyable over the past few years to follow.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Awesome there is a lot of young white talent flowing into the MLB right now! 
You could make a strong argument that the best MLB position players 25 and under are White. Trout, Harper, Pederson, Rizzo and Bryant. The one exception would be Giancarlo Stanton, who is legitimately very good.

Wil Myers (24) also has the ability to breakout into a superstar. Nolan Arenado, Freddie Freeman and Corey Dickerson are 25 and under guys who are the next tier in my opinion.

If you wanna talk young pitchers, there are almost too many to mention.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
You could make a strong argument that the best MLB position players 25 and under are White. Trout, Harper, Pederson, Rizzo and Bryant. The one exception would be Giancarlo Stanton, who is legitimately very good.

Wil Myers (24) also has the ability to breakout into a superstar. Nolan Arenado, Freddie Freeman and Corey Dickerson are 25 and under guys who are the next tier in my opinion.

If you wanna talk young pitchers, there are almost too many to mention.

Kershaw LAD, Bumgarner SF, Sale CHI, Greinke LAD, Harvey NYM, Kluber CLE, Gray OAK, Keuchel HOU, Strasburg WA, Zimmerman WA, Wacha STL, Cole PIT. Miller ATL,

.....just off the top of my head among young pitchers. There's a lot of great veterans out there as well and relief pitchers also!

Greinke is more of a veteran at 31, but still seems young to me. He's having a great year at 5-0!

Last edited: