2012 Penn State Nittany Lions

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
With the retirement and death of coaching legend Joe Paterno and the Sandusky trial looming large over Penn State, it will be interesting to see how new head coach Bill O'Brien will do this year at the helm of the NIttany Lions. O'Brien has already named Matt McGloin as his starting QB this year. Some white Nittany Lions who will see some playing time include RB Zack Zwinak, FB PJ Byers, WR Matt Zenellato, TE Dakota Royer, LG Angelo Mangiro, C Ty Howle, RG Eric Shrive, DT Anthony Zettel, DE Kyle Baublitz, OLB Mike Hull, ILBs Mike Yancich and Ben Kline, and S's Ryan Keiser and Jacob Fagnano. Since '05, Penn State has had 8, 10, 9, 8, 12, 10, and 8 whites. This yer looks to be right around their average with 10 whites starting this year.

Offense
QB- Matt McGloin
FB- Mike Zordich
TE- Kevin Haplea
LT- Adam Gress
LG- Miles Dieffenbach
C- Matt Stankiewitch
RT- Mike Farrell- in a fight for the position

Defense
DE- Pete Massaro
MLB- Glenn Carson
OLB- Michael Mauti

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Now that the punishment has been handed down, one question that remains is what will the future hold for the Penn State program. Specifically, how much Whiter will this team get over the next several seasons? IMHO, I believe it is safe to say they will get Whiter, it is just a question of how much. With few "good things" to look forward to, more afroletes will steer clear from the program. The White walk-on will become a larger part of this team over the next few years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=8190881

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA slammed Penn State for the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal Monday with an unprecedented series of penalties, including a $60 million fine and the loss of all the school's victories from 1998-2011, knocking Joe Paterno from his spot as major college football's winningest coach.
Other sanctions include a four-year ban on postseason games that will prevent Penn State from playing for the Big Ten title, the loss of 20 scholarships per year over four years and five years' probation. The NCAA also said that any current or incoming football players are free to immediately transfer and compete at another school.
NCAA President Mark Emmert announced the staggering sanctions at a news conference in Indianapolis. Though the NCAA stopped short of imposing the "death penalty" -- shutting down the Nittany Lions' program completely. But the punishment is so severe, it's more like a slow-death penalty.
Sandusky, a former Penn State defensive coordinator, was found guilty in June of sexually abusing young boys, sometimes on campus. An investigation commissioned by the school and released July 12 found that Paterno, who died in January, and several other top officials at Penn State stayed quiet for years about accusations against Sandusky.
Emmert fast-tracked penalties rather than go through the usual circuitous series of investigations and hearings. The NCAA said the $60 million is equivalent to the annual gross revenue of the football program. The money must be paid into an endowment for external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting victims and may not be used to fund such programs at Penn State.
"Football will never again be placed ahead of educating, nurturing and protecting young people," Emmert said.
By vacating 112 Penn State victories over a 14-year period, the sanctions cost Paterno 111 wins. Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden will now hold the top spot in the NCAA record book with 377. Paterno, who was fired days after Sandusky was charged, will be credited with 298 wins.
The scholarship reductions mean that Penn State's roster will be capped at 65 scholarship players within a couple of seasons. The normal scholarship limit for major college football programs is 85. Playing with 20 less is crippling to a program that tries to compete at the highest level of the sport.
Emmert had earlier said he had "never seen anything as egregious" as the horrific crimes of Sandusky and the cover-up by Paterno and others at the university, including former Penn State President Graham Spanier and athletic director Tim Curley.
The investigation headed by former FBI Director Louis Freeh said that Penn State officials kept what they knew from police and other authorities for years, enabling the abuse to go on.
There had been calls across the nation for Penn State to receive the "death penalty," and Emmert had not ruled out that possibility as late as last week -- though Penn State did not fit the criteria for it. That punishment is for teams that commit a major violation while already being sanctioned.
Penn State has already agreed to not fight the sanctions.
Emmert said the university and the NCAA have signed a consent decree, essentially a pact signing off on the penalties.
"This case is obviously incredibly unprecedented in every aspect of it, as are these actions that we're taking today."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Penn State must have already agreed to these sanctions as is mentioned in the article, otherwise they could appeal. There was no NCAA processes followed for these sanctions just some guys sitting around and deciding what they felt was appropriate. Not a good way to reach a decision but let's face it, in Obama's amerika justice is handed out by fiat, not by that old fashioned investigate and have a jury decide.

PSU probably likes the decision. In four years they will be back to normal and in the meantine they can make up the loss of revenue from alumni donations. A few years of down program is something they were expecting anyway.

The main thing I don't like is the forfeit of victories by Paterno. How absurd! They won those games. It's not like a situation with an illegible player where the arguement can be made that the team would not have won had that player not been there. The crimes against those kids or Pateno's role in a cover up had no effect on the outcome of those games. And to go back to 1998 is even more ridiculous. This is just a gesture to sh*t on Paterno, and especially since he is dead he cannot even speak for himself. Kind of a cheap shot, to blame it all on the dead guy.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Figures they would get penalized the year they have a whiter team. I imagine people will still tune in to their games, however.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I wish teams like Clemson, Miami and Florida would get penalized and sanctioned.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
This may ultimately have a good consequences for white players at PSU. As briefly discussed in the media, Penn St. will only be allowed 65 scholarships and thus cannot risk the loss of any players due to academic or behavioral issues. This will cause them to likely recruit players with notable academic accolades as well, making their team whiter in return, much in the way strict academic rules have made the Ivy league or military academy teams very white.

Matra2

Master
The main thing I don't like is the forfeit of victories by Paterno. How absurd! They won those games. It's not like a situation with an illegible player where the arguement can be made that the team would not have won had that player not been there. The crimes against those kids or Pateno's role in a cover up had no effect on the outcome of those games.

This. It's like striking OJ's entire career from the NFL's statistical records due to his later crime in retirement.

backrow

Hall of Famer
This may ultimately have a good consequences for white players at PSU. As briefly discussed in the media, Penn St. will only be allowed 65 scholarships and thus cannot risk the loss of any players due to academic or behavioral issues. This will cause them to likely recruit players with notable academic accolades as well, making their team whiter in return, much in the way strict academic rules have made the Ivy league or military academy teams very white.

15 scholarships, methinks.

i agree with jax, why did they take away their victories? that's absurd.

on another hand, Sandusky should get shot. no, too merciful. crucified. literally.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Now that the punishment has been handed down, one question that remains is what will the future hold for the Penn State program. Specifically, how much Whiter will this team get over the next several seasons? IMHO, I believe it is safe to say they will get Whiter, it is just a question of how much. With few "good things" to look forward to, more afroletes will steer clear from the program. The White walk-on will become a larger part of this team over the next few years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=8190881

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA slammed Penn State for the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal Monday with an unprecedented series of penalties, including a $60 million fine and the loss of all the school's victories from 1998-2011, knocking Joe Paterno from his spot as major college football's winningest coach.
Other sanctions include a four-year ban on postseason games that will prevent Penn State from playing for the Big Ten title, the loss of 20 scholarships per year over four years and five years' probation. The NCAA also said that any current or incoming football players are free to immediately transfer and compete at another school.
NCAA President Mark Emmert announced the staggering sanctions at a news conference in Indianapolis. Though the NCAA stopped short of imposing the "death penalty" -- shutting down the Nittany Lions' program completely. But the punishment is so severe, it's more like a slow-death penalty.
Sandusky, a former Penn State defensive coordinator, was found guilty in June of sexually abusing young boys, sometimes on campus. An investigation commissioned by the school and released July 12 found that Paterno, who died in January, and several other top officials at Penn State stayed quiet for years about accusations against Sandusky.
Emmert fast-tracked penalties rather than go through the usual circuitous series of investigations and hearings. The NCAA said the $60 million is equivalent to the annual gross revenue of the football program. The money must be paid into an endowment for external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting victims and may not be used to fund such programs at Penn State.
"Football will never again be placed ahead of educating, nurturing and protecting young people," Emmert said.
By vacating 112 Penn State victories over a 14-year period, the sanctions cost Paterno 111 wins. Former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden will now hold the top spot in the NCAA record book with 377. Paterno, who was fired days after Sandusky was charged, will be credited with 298 wins.
The scholarship reductions mean that Penn State's roster will be capped at 65 scholarship players within a couple of seasons. The normal scholarship limit for major college football programs is 85. Playing with 20 less is crippling to a program that tries to compete at the highest level of the sport.
Emmert had earlier said he had "never seen anything as egregious" as the horrific crimes of Sandusky and the cover-up by Paterno and others at the university, including former Penn State President Graham Spanier and athletic director Tim Curley.
The investigation headed by former FBI Director Louis Freeh said that Penn State officials kept what they knew from police and other authorities for years, enabling the abuse to go on.
There had been calls across the nation for Penn State to receive the "death penalty," and Emmert had not ruled out that possibility as late as last week -- though Penn State did not fit the criteria for it. That punishment is for teams that commit a major violation while already being sanctioned.
Penn State has already agreed to not fight the sanctions.
Emmert said the university and the NCAA have signed a consent decree, essentially a pact signing off on the penalties.
"This case is obviously incredibly unprecedented in every aspect of it, as are these actions that we're taking today."

The quote I put in bold just shows how far these types of their heads up their asses. I agree something had to be done to PSU but I am looking at that quote in the context of the caste system this guy upholds. Football is totally put before everything else. I wonder if once he is done with this he will look into SEC school recruiting violations or the fact that these "student" affletes are actually at the low end of the IQ scale and really do not deserve a scholarship or admittance to a college yet coaches and administration cater to them all the time and how white players are kept on football teams and used only to keep up the collective GPA. If the guy had any conviction he would actually expose the caste system for what is but we all know that will not happen.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Not speaking on Scumdusky or Paterno, but I think the tyranical NCAA went way overboard (being reactionary). While no doubt PSU has its share of thug affletes, the "law abiding", good student athletes will feel the sting when they'd nothing to do with that mess. In the end, I hope this provides better opportunities for White players.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
A lot of this sordid mess is about power. Sundusky's power over those poor kids. The big chiefs of Happy Valley's power to squelch the threat his vile actions posed to the Sacred Program. The backroom boys at the NCAA power to punish Penn State, even to the point of reaching back into time and magically turning wins into losses. Wow, that's power! I suppose they could have, had they wished to, declared only half the victories to be losses, and let the other wins stand. But no, to show they mean business, they take away all the victories (however that is done we can't know because we aren't initiates).

Does it occcur to the hanging judges at the NCAA that they are showing the same disregard to those kids who worked so hard to win all those games that Sandusky and his enablers showed for those boys? Does it occur to them that they might be guilty of the same self-importance, hubris, and disregard for their charges that infected and brought down the Penn State program?

I've read somewhere that in ancient Rome it boiled down to two categories of people: Those who mattered, and those who didn't. The once high and mighty "leaders" at Penn State and the muscles flexers at the NCAA obviously think they fall into the former class, while Sandusky's poor victims and those trusting kids on all those Penn State football teams fall into the latter.

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
With the defections of some of the Penn State players after the scandal Penn State has another white corner on the 2 deep in junior Patrick Flanagan along with Jesse Della Valle who has the skills to start IMO. Also I cannot find rb/fb Zack Zwinak on the 3 deep as he was listed after spring practice.

white is right

Hall of Famer
With the defections of some of the Penn State players after the scandal Penn State has another white corner on the 2 deep in junior Patrick Flanagan along with Jesse Della Valle who has the skills to start IMO. Also I cannot find rb/fb Zack Zwinak on the 3 deep as he was listed after spring practice.
Penn. St may be getting whiter as people have speculated. I noticed that Colorado has gotten whiter since Neuheisel left with his recruiting and betting scandal. This story could be a trend.....http://espn.go.com/college-football...ed-fagnano-transfers-penn-state-nittany-lions

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Out of the ashes of disaster a single rose bloom.....:thumbsup: Hopefully Penn. St. sticks to this formula and recruits local and in state guys after this scandal.

Exactly! I'd like to see them recruit more White kids from the keystone state...especially from rural and working class areas. I'd also love to see Day rip off 100+ yards and 3 or 4 TDs.

We have not talked about him much this year but Zack Zwinak is closing in on 1,000 yards rushing. I believe he has 850 as of now with possibly 2 games to go. I don't know much about him but I'm sure the DWF's see him as a fullback being used with the exodus of black players this summer.

Congrats to the PSU Lions they had a good year considering all the players that left. But it gave a chance for some White kids to step in and get the job done. It was a lot of fun watching them this year.

We have not talked about him much this year but Zack Zwinak is closing in on 1,000 yards rushing. I believe he has 850 as of now with possibly 2 games to go. I don't know much about him but I'm sure the DWF's see him as a fullback being used with the exodus of black players this summer.

Zwinak got his 1000 yards, right on the nose. Pretty impressive considering he missed two entire games, and only had three carries in another.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Zwinak got his 1000 yards, right on the nose. Pretty impressive considering he missed two entire games, and only had three carries in another.
Yes, I wanted to mention this as well. Once he began getting "starter" carries, he averaged 111 yards per game. Will he be the unquestioned starter next season, his junior year, or will some afflete be brought into the mix?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Penn St was a great story to watch this year. I hope Bill O'Brien continues to be fair to white athleres. After all it was primarily affletes that jumped ship to other programs (besides the kicker) and O'Brien was able to have a great season coaching a solid core of white players all playing key roles.

Since O'Brien came from the Patriots I think he might have a better appreciation of white athletes being around Welker, Gronk, Edelman and Woodhead in New England.

SI has an article about this years commitment day for PSU....They said considering the circumstances they did well..............I'm looking forward to an even more talented White team with White players of value who were overlooked by the better teams because, let's face it, their White.....an added benefit will be that the campus will be even safer.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
SI has an article about this years commitment day for PSU....They said considering the circumstances they did well..............I'm looking forward to an even more talented White team with White players of value who were overlooked by the better teams because, let's face it, their White.....an added benefit will be that the campus will be even safer.
Yes, this will be a good team to support with O'Brien back and Zwinak (hopefully) as the the primary ball-carrier. I hope they can use this strong recruiting class to build on last years success.