2012 NFL Preseason

dwid

Hall of Famer
It's pretty obvious that Cousins is a more reliable quarterback than Griffin. Cousins can run a standard NFL offense. They have to highly customize the playbook for Griffin just to keep him from looking like another Jamarcus out there.

Cousins with the TD pass.

And there's TD #2 from Cousins.
well the only positive is that its almost a guarantee that RGIII will miss time running with his thin frame. I am guessing this was the logic behind drafting him? either way they got a steal. I never thought that Shanahan would change his scheme for Griffin, its already friendly for an athletic quarterback, lots of rolling out on play action, can run if nothing is there.

Riddlewire

Master
Cousins is about to lead the Redskins to a come from behind victory, after Buckwheat stunk up the first half.

Cousins with the TD Pass!

------------
No rational coach watching this game would select Griffin as QB#1 over Cousins. It truly sucks that they announced before camp ever started that Griffin was absolutely guaranteed the starting job, no matter how the preseason went. If nothing else, Cousins has earned the start in the next preseason game.

Cousins with his 3rd TD pass, and what is the first comment out of Joe Thiesman's mouth. "This is a testament to Mike Shanahans ability to add depth to this football team."

Highlander

Mentor
Cousins is about to lead the Redskins to a come from behind victory, after Buckwheat stunk up the first half.

Cousins with the TD Pass!

------------
No rational coach watching this game would select Griffin as QB#1 over Cousins. It truly sucks that they announced before camp ever started that Griffin was absolutely guaranteed the starting job, no matter how the preseason went. If nothing else, Cousins has earned the start in the next preseason game.
Since when did merit matter in the extremist Affirmative Action NFL of the U.S.S.A? Cousins must serve his racial apprenticeship like most other White players in the NFL for however long it takes for the "upside" of the player starting ahead of him to run its course or is injured, arrested (multiple times), etc.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just watched the Redskins/Bears highlights on BSPN - It was all about Robert Griffin - Cousins performance was not mentioned at all.

Highlander

Mentor
I just saw that Griffin was sacked 3 times for -19 yards. Cousins was sacked 0 times.

So much for that "extra dimension" of "escapability" that Griffin supposedly gives them.

Watching the redskins Postgame live, the black host took a tweet question from a fan. The question was "Was that Kirk Cousins out there or Tom Brady?" His response. In a high pitched voice he started screaming "WHAT-WHAT"? Then he immediatly began tearing up the paper he was holding in his hand, making insulting comments toward the person who tweeted this question.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just saw that Griffin was sacked 3 times for -19 yards. Cousins was sacked 0 times.

So much for that "extra dimension" of "escapability" that Griffin supposedly gives them.

Most Black QBs seem to get sacked more - I know Vick gets sacked quite a bit even though the media refuses to acknowledge it as a flaw in his game and rather twists it to say he tries to extend plays.

The media is going full bore with the black QB hype again. ESPN is riding Griffin hard and twisting his mediocre performances so far into some sort of impeccable resume. Look for multiple college black quarterbacks to be extensively supported and hyped up by ESPN.

Highlander

Mentor
Most Black QBs seem to get sacked more - I know Vick gets sacked quite a bit even though the media refuses to acknowledge it as a flaw in his game and rather twists it to say he tries to extend plays.
They lack "pocket presence". Their lack of impulse control (in this position, just as is in real life) makes them react instinctively when things start closing in on them. Instead of staying in the protected area (the pocket) and calmly reading their progressions and making the right decision on whom to throw it too, and then throwing it, they start running around and get sacked. He/they believe the supafflete hype about them bandied about by the CM media, but reality strikes back when actually playing.

Highlander

Mentor
Also, I think Shanahan is trying to "say" something by letting Cousins show what he can do. I think if it were left up to him, Cousins would be the starter, or, at least, they'd really have a QB competition. But, as we all know, there is a larger agenda here that is beyond his control. He's not "the decision maker" on who plays QB for the team he's the head coach of.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Martinek with a nice catch and run for a TD for the Giants.

I tuned in for a few minutes and saw Joe's nice catch and run. He was congratulated by WR DePalma and another WR, David Douglas, out of Arizona who is either White or a light-skinned mix, and a few other White players that Tom Coughlin will never give a fair chance to, esp. since the "black Giants" are world champs.

Coughlin turned the expansion Jaguars into instant contenders by playing about half White starters, but after several years with Jax he went Caste hard-core and has followed the same formula with the Giants -- all black defense (except when Chase Blackburn or some other lowly White has to be an emergency fill-in), a White QB, three or four Whites on the o-line, and sometimes a White TE. He's as predictable as any coach in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I think Shanahan is trying to "say" something by letting Cousins show what he can do. I think if it were left up to him, Cousins would be the starter, or, at least, they'd really have a QB competition. But, as we all know, there is a larger agenda here that is beyond his control. He's not "the decision maker" on who plays QB for the team he's the head coach of.

Shanahan had to be fully aware of what he was getting into when he signed with Dan Snyder and his Blackskins. I've always thought "Shanny" was over-rated as far as White players go based on "letting" the very talented Ed McCaffrey finally start (while a bunch of other talented White receivers took their turns rotting on the bench in Denver before being discarded, including Keith Poole and Patrick Jeffers among others). As far as I know, Shanahan was the first ever NFL head coach to not have a single White defensive player on his team, even as a backup. I think his signing with Washington was primarily about the money and secondarily about missing the limelight.

Highlander

Mentor
I have to post this utterly telling and ridiculous article from a SDWF (S = "Super") bleacher reporter (and commentors) from a few weeks ago. The jock-sniffing has been elevated to an entirely whole new level.

Why Kirk Cousins Will Push RGIII in Training Camp

July 24, 2012

Since the moment Kirk Cousins was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the fourth round, there have been rumors, forecasts and suspicions that a quarterback controversy was brewing. Ron Jaworski loudly proclaimed this as a poor pick, saying:

"You've created more problems than you've solved!"

With the Redskins training camp opening this week, all eyes will be on the quarterback position and the two rookies: Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins.

Robert Griffin III has dominated the sports and media world ever since he was drafted, and he is the clear starter. Mike Shanahan made a point to come out early and state, "He's the starter, period." There has been nothing from rookie mini camps, or any other venue, to suggest there is a quarterback controversy.

The funny thing about a quarterback controversy is that it is typically media driven, and thus a self-fulfilling prophecy. If analysts, columnists or anchors want there to be a quarterback controversy all they have to do is talk about one. It has become irrelevant to some extent what teams and players do. As long as the media mentions a controversy they have one, whether there really was one or not.

So why will Kirk Cousins push RG3 in training camp? He won't, it's that simple. Cousins is a good quarterback with great potential, but he is not in the same sentence as RG3.

Cousins will battle with Rex Grossman for the number two job in Washington, and will most likely earn it at some point (whether in training camp or in the season). However, he will be in a backup role, and will not see enough reps in training camp to outperform RG3.

Now, we do not know which quarterback has memorized more of the playbook yet, and it's possible Cousins could push Griffin in some small areas in the classroom (I emphasize possible). But more likely than not, Cousins will fulfill the role of backup quarterback as we all expect, and put the quarterback controversy talks to bed.

This idea that drafting Kirk Cousins would put extra pressure on RG3 and potentially damage his development is ludicrous. The Redskins paid a king's ransom to move up and draft RG3, and cemented him as the starter in early May.

So if you want to help the situation, or reach some conclusion to this "quarterback controversy", stop talking about it. There is no meat on that bone, and it is merely a self-fulfilling argument at this point. I can only hope that Griffin dazzles enough in training camp to quell any one still clinging to this notion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why was Ja(whore)ski concerned it will "create more problems"? Is it because, deep-down (or maybe not so deep-down), he knows that Griffin is not as good as the media is hyping him to be and that Cousins may actually outplay him in camp and in the preseason games?

Cousins is actually in a good position. He knows that, no matter what, he will not, barring injury to Griffin, start for this team, so there is no pressure on him. All the pressure is on Griffin.

Highlander

Mentor
Shanahan had to be fully aware of what he was getting into when he signed with Dan Snyder and his Blackskins. I've always thought "Shanny" was over-rated as far as White players go based on "letting" the very talented Ed McCaffrey finally start (while a bunch of other talented White receivers took their turns rotting on the bench in Denver before being discarded, including Keith Poole and Patrick Jeffers among others). As far as I know, Shanahan was the first ever NFL head coach to not have a single White defensive player on his team, even as a backup. I think his signing with Washington was primarily about the money and secondarily about missing the limelight.
I agree with this, except for QB, where he seemed to have a strong bias of White-only.

Also, the Blackskins were coal on D before he became coach. Now they have Carriker and Kerrigan.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reed Doughty has been bouncing in and out of the starting lineup in the District of Criminals for a number of years now as the designated White safety the DWFs love to hate with a passion that is pure and uncompromising.

I have to post this utterly telling and ridiculous article from a SDWF (S = "Super") bleacher reporter (and commentors) from a few weeks ago. The jock-sniffing has been elevated to an entirely whole new level.

Why Kirk Cousins Will Push RGIII in Training Camp

July 24, 2012

Since the moment Kirk Cousins was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the fourth round, there have been rumors, forecasts and suspicions that a quarterback controversy was brewing. Ron Jaworski loudly proclaimed this as a poor pick, saying:

"You've created more problems than you've solved!"

With the Redskins training camp opening this week, all eyes will be on the quarterback position and the two rookies: Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins.

Robert Griffin III has dominated the sports and media world ever since he was drafted, and he is the clear starter. Mike Shanahan made a point to come out early and state, "He's the starter, period." There has been nothing from rookie mini camps, or any other venue, to suggest there is a quarterback controversy.

The funny thing about a quarterback controversy is that it is typically media driven, and thus a self-fulfilling prophecy. If analysts, columnists or anchors want there to be a quarterback controversy all they have to do is talk about one. It has become irrelevant to some extent what teams and players do. As long as the media mentions a controversy they have one, whether there really was one or not.

So why will Kirk Cousins push RG3 in training camp? He won't, it's that simple. Cousins is a good quarterback with great potential, but he is not in the same sentence as RG3.

Cousins will battle with Rex Grossman for the number two job in Washington, and will most likely earn it at some point (whether in training camp or in the season). However, he will be in a backup role, and will not see enough reps in training camp to outperform RG3.

Now, we do not know which quarterback has memorized more of the playbook yet, and it's possible Cousins could push Griffin in some small areas in the classroom (I emphasize possible). But more likely than not, Cousins will fulfill the role of backup quarterback as we all expect, and put the quarterback controversy talks to bed.

This idea that drafting Kirk Cousins would put extra pressure on RG3 and potentially damage his development is ludicrous. The Redskins paid a king's ransom to move up and draft RG3, and cemented him as the starter in early May.

So if you want to help the situation, or reach some conclusion to this "quarterback controversy", stop talking about it. There is no meat on that bone, and it is merely a self-fulfilling argument at this point. I can only hope that Griffin dazzles enough in training camp to quell any one still clinging to this notion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why was Ja(whore)ski concerned it will "create more problems"? Is it because, deep-down (or maybe not so deep-down), he knows that Griffin is not as good as the media is hyping him to be and that Cousins may actually outplay him in camp and in the preseason games?

Cousins is actually in a good position. He knows that, no matter what, he will not, barring injury to Griffin, start for this team, so there is no pressure on him. All the pressure is on Griffin.

The quote from Jaworski indicates Jaws remembers the situation with James Harris and himself on the LA Rams during 1975-76.

Once a coach has had a head coaching position in the NFL, he'll keep taking these jobs as long as someone will hire him.

bigunreal

Mentor
You're kidding yourself if think Kirk Cousins- or any white player on the planet- has a remote chance of challenging RGIII for playing time. RGIII could go 0 for his first 200 NFL passes, and the team wouldn't bench him. The agenda is that clear. The black tearing up the paper you refer to, and Jaworski's hysterical reaction to the selection of Cousins, speaks volumes.

The media is now hyping EVERY black QB they possibly can. I really can't stand the Russell Wilson nonsense. If this puny afflete was white, he'd be lucky to start for a high school team at his size. Matt Flynn better be perfect, and I do mean perfect, to avoid being replaced by the magnificent, upside filled afflete.

Mark Sanchez is awful, but Tebow is in a thankless position. He will have to display more "magic" than ever to get anything done with those putrid skill position players. Shonn Greene is especially bad, as are his backups. And yet this team couldn't use Woodhead, who has more talent in one finger than their entire present RB corps.

Trying to ignore all the Castean banter and focus on the fact Hillis, Decker, Jordy and possibly Gerhert are in nice situations.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The latest depth chart I am looking at has Beasley buried as 4th string. Coale is third string. Maybe it changes soon after his big game last night but it's likely Beasley gets cut. Coale and Beasley are behind supa affletes like Kevin Ogletree and Dwayne Harris. The Negro Felon League never seems to change. Bigunreal, I am waiting for your response on this one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You're kidding yourself if think Kirk Cousins- or any white player on the planet- has a remote chance of challenging RGIII for playing time. RGIII could go 0 for his first 200 NFL passes, and the team wouldn't bench him. The agenda is that clear. The black tearing up the paper you refer to, and Jaworski's hysterical reaction to the selection of Cousins, speaks volumes.

The media is now hyping EVERY black QB they possibly can. I really can't stand the Russell Wilson nonsense. If this puny afflete was white, he'd be lucky to start for a high school team at his size. Matt Flynn better be perfect, and I do mean perfect, to avoid being replaced by the magnificent, upside filled afflete.

Mark Sanchez is awful, but Tebow is in a thankless position. He will have to display more "magic" than ever to get anything done with those putrid skill position players. Shonn Greene is especially bad, as are his backups. And yet this team couldn't use Woodhead, who has more talent in one finger than their entire present RB corps.

Trying to ignore all the Castean banter and focus on the fact Hillis, Decker, Jordy and possibly Gerhert are in nice situations.

I agree but we have to focus on it because QB is the only position in football that is white dominated. With the media hyping every black QB up it's just going to be like everything else in the NFL. The belief that Blacks are better athletes and eventually they become the norm at QB. Most of the good white QBs are in their early to mid 30s at this point. Who is going to fill the void once they retire? The caste whores see this upcoming void so they are pumping the college ranks with mediocre affletes at QB and changing the rules of the NFL game to make the position easier to play. The DWFs will obviously eat this up.

Russel Wilson would not last a full season as a starting QB - him or his sammy davis jr. hair. Pete Carrol is the ultimate caste whore - 3/4 QBs on his team are black.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I actually saw some of the jet-giant game last night. What a mess.

Tom Iron...

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I agree but we have to focus on it because QB is the only position in football that is white dominated. With the media hyping every black QB up it's just going to be like everything else in the NFL. The belief that Blacks are better athletes and eventually they become the norm at QB. Most of the good white QBs are in their early to mid 30s at this point. Who is going to fill the void once they retire? The caste whores see this upcoming void so they are pumping the college ranks with mediocre affletes at QB and changing the rules of the NFL game to make the position easier to play. The DWFs will obviously eat this up.

Russel Wilson would not last a full season as a starting QB - him or his sammy davis jr. hair. Pete Carrol is the ultimate caste whore - 3/4 QBs on his team are black.

I agree the media will hype the black QB, but if blacks do dominate the QB position at some point, it may take awhile. There's still alot of young white talent at the QB position from the NFL down to high school coming:

NFL:
1. Rodgers 28
5. Stafford 24
7. Ryan 27
8. Smith 28
I would also put Flacco,27 and Andy Dalton, 24 in the mix of good white QB's under 30. Then there's Andrew Luck who seems to be the real deal.

Kirk Cousins will be a starter in the NFL!

Then there's Barkley, USC and Jones, OU among others out of college!

Finally, the last 2 Elite 11 shows I've seen, showcasing HS QB's, I only saw 1 black QB on each of those shows!

I hope the future is still bright for white QB's.

Last edited: