2012 NFL Divisional Playoffs

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We'll have to see if Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy continue their blackening trend when it comes to the roster following two straight one and outs for the Packers in the playoffs. . .

northwinds

Mentor
Simply put.....it's down to the Patriots winning out at this point.....anything else is not a good ending on the season...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When San Fran is on their game they're a very physical team. A New England-SF matchup would be potentially a great one. Not much difference between the 49ers, Seahawks and Falcons from a demographic perspective other than at QB, but would be nice to see Atlanta win tomorrow so that Matt Ryan can get the monkey off his back.

TBProdigy

Guru
All is not lost, If Wilson loses and we see a great high scoring competitive game between the Patriots and Texans(with the patriots edging it) tomorrow I will consider this week a good one!

Heck, if Ridley fumbles a few times in tomorrows game, he could sit the rest of the playoffs, and who better to fumble against?

We could be seeing a 10 white player starting offense in the superbowl.....who knows?

P.s:Will Edelman be eligible for any of the playoff games?

I apologize to everyone who be might offended with this post. I know some people believe it was important that Denver won. I know the reasons and I believe they are important ones....I also completely understand why Denver bought in Manning and completely agree with it. That said, F@#% Elway and Fox, Those two a$$holes treated Tebow like a piece of s&#! They actually seemed embarrassed when he won his playoff game.....Well now they lost so F@#% them... Again I apoloigize guys but I just had to say that.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I would like to agree with you about number 3, but no coach can foresee the kind of play that Carter and Moore allowed the Ravens to make to tie the game. Fox was playing probabilities, and I think correctly so. If Manning had thrown an incompletion then Baltimore had almost two minutes left. But making the opponent have to go the entire length of the field to tie the game with about 1:15 left and no timeouts? I would have done the same as coach. To let Baltimore score like that is simply unforgiveable, and I can't blame Fox for that.

Champ Bailey's poor play kept Baltimore in the game, and then the non-coverage by Moore and Carter allowed them to win. Any other factor is far secondary to those two.
How many times was Champ Bailey burned in this game? This could be the beginning of the end of Bailey as an elite corner in the league as he in his thirties and I have never seen him burned multiple times in one game. Also it's good thing Ray Lewis is retiring as it's been two playoff games now and he hasn't made one signature play in either game. When the talking heads start saying that you are slowing down, then "beloved" veterans like Lewis needs to break out the rocking chair.

The Hock

Master
Well I think this weekend sucks so far. I'm saying the Pack was battling the flu as well as the 49ers. How many first downs on third and long did they give up? Kaepernick looked mighty lonely on a lot of those runs. Those weren't holes or lanes he was finding, those were vast regions of empty space. I haven't seen a guy that unchallenged since Magic Johnson was driving the lane during his post HIV comeback.

I left to watch the Packers at someone's house when the Broncos made that first down with a little more than two minutes left. I get over to the other place and they're in overtime and I'm like how did that happen? Then an all time great QB throws a weak ass pick. Maybe there was some Tebow karma involved.

It's on the Pats or the Texans now.

Kaptain

Master
So the offense we were told would never work in the NFL so far has never failed. Of course, Tim Tebow was running only the most ridiculous handicapped version of the spread option, but nevertheless we were told by the "experts" that this would never work in the NFL. To date, no white QB, no matter how gifted atheltically, has been allowed to run the full version of the spread/read option - and none will. It has been decided by the geniuses that this is a black offense and only blacks will be allowed to run it in the NFL. Tebow was only allowed to run the version that is incredibly predictable - handing off 90% of time to the first option - rarely running outside or passing. Still he won a playoff game running it, but he won't be allowed to play again. Apparently the "great" NFL defenses and their "genius" coaches can't figure out how to stop this offense. The exact opposite of what we were told ad nausem last year. Another myth down the drain.

davidholly

Mentor
So the offense we were told would never work in the NFL so far has never failed. Of course, Tim Tebow was running only the most ridiculous handicapped version of the spread option, but nevertheless we were told by the "experts" that this would never work in the NFL. To date, no white QB, no matter how gifted atheltically, has been allowed to run the full version of the spread/read option - and none will. It has been decided by the geniuses that this is a black offense and only blacks will be allowed to run it in the NFL. Tebow was only allowed to run the version that is incredibly predictable - handing off 90% of time to the first option - rarely running outside or passing. Still he won a playoff game running it, but he won't be allowed to play again. Apparently the "great" NFL defenses and their "genius" coaches can't figure out how to stop this offense. The exact opposite of what we were told ad nausem last year. Another myth down the drain.

Rams beat all the playoff teams running it this year atleast once.

davidholly

Mentor
Well I think this weekend sucks so far. I'm saying the Pack was battling the flu as well as the 49ers. How many first downs on third and long did they give up? Kaepernick looked mighty lonely on a lot of those runs. Those weren't holes or lanes he was finding, those were vast regions of empty space. I haven't seen a guy that unchallenged since Magic Johnson was driving the lane during his post HIV comeback.

I left to watch the Packers at someone's house when the Broncos made that first down with a little more than two minutes left. I get over to the other place and they're in overtime and I'm like how did that happen? Then an all time great QB throws a weak ass pick. Maybe there was some Tebow karma involved.

It's on the Pats or the Texans now.

Packers were playing man coverage and blitzing all night, once Kaepernick avoided the blitz he had a wide open field to run in.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Kapernick had a spectacular game last night. He was throwing perfect passes and running with speed and authority. The Pack defense looked weak and unable to figure him out. Kapernick owned the Pack. It was like watching an NFL version of Johnny Football.

For what its worth, Kapernick doesn't sound or carry himself like an affelet or displayed TNB as of yet. He has shown talent and the ability to rise his game on the big stage.

Now, NE has to come up big today. I want no excuses, I want to see them running on all cylinders. In short I want domination. Especially how the Texans have looked as of late.

Secondly, Matty Ice needs to dominate as well. Popsicle Pete needs to be melted and his merry band of affelets sent home to DWFandom land out in Seattle. To save the weekend Falcons and NE need Ws.

PHillisFan

Master
For what its worth, Kapernick doesn't sound or carry himself like an affelet or displayed TNB as of yet. He has shown talent and the ability to rise his game on the big stage.

Neither does Russell Wilson, but still doesn't mean I want these two mulatto's bucks advancing in the playoffs. The Pack completely let me down. Now it's time for Matt Ryan to knock da seahawks out and do the same to san fran so we don't have to see neither of these bucks get more idolizing from the dwf media.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Neither does Russell Wilson, but still doesn't mean I want these two mulatto's bucks advancing in the playoffs. The Pack completely let me down. Now it's time for Matt Ryan to knock da seahawks out and do the same to san fran so we don't have to see neither of these bucks get more idolizing from the dwf media.

I think you guys are both way wrong. Kapernick seems like a typical afflete with plenty of TNB. Kapernick constantly does the negro victory celebration after his good plays, has a series of mocking TD celebrations (I think he Tebowed once yesterday) and he is the only QB in the history of the NFL that has tats up and down his arms.

QB's don't run because they are too valuable throwing. They must limit the amount of times 300 lb guys get to hurl their bodies at them. Running backs have 3-4 years in the league, QB's up to 15. It only takes one shot to completely end the running life of a QB in the NFL. (See: Robert Griffin Three). Kapernick might have a nice run of success. But there is a knee crushing tackle waiting for him somewhere down the line. There is a reason top Qb's slide to the ground, and it ain't because they are cowards.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Simply put.....it's down to the Patriots winning out at this point.....anything else is not a good ending on the season...

If the Pats lose this weekend.....hockey season starts Monday.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think you guys are both way wrong. Kapernick seems like a typical afflete with plenty of TNB. Kapernick constantly does the negro victory celebration after his good plays, has a series of mocking TD celebrations (I think he Tebowed once yesterday) and he is the only QB in the history of the NFL that has tats up and down his arms.

QB's don't run because they are too valuable throwing. They must limit the amount of times 300 lb guys get to hurl their bodies at them. Running backs have 3-4 years in the league, QB's up to 15. It only takes one shot to completely end the running life of a QB in the NFL. (See: Robert Griffin Three). Kapernick might have a nice run of success. But there is a knee crushing tackle waiting for him somewhere down the line. There is a reason top Qb's slide to the ground, and it ain't because they are cowards.
Jaxvid, I am not way wrong. I am just calling it as I saw it last night. If Johnny Football had a game like Kapernick, we all, justifibly would be elated. I was just commenting on his game last night, not the short, albeit successful career he has had. Of course I want the Falcons to beat the 49ers, I hope that is next week.

Based on his interviews and rythm of speech, the TNB name tag does not apply. To me, he is more White than negro. White men have been tattooing for the ages. Its just within the last 15 to 10 years that negros have embraced it. Look at the tattoo mags, most of the models are white men and women who are tatted from toe to nostril.

PHillisFan

Master

You make valid points. I wasn't trying to praise kaepernick. That's the last thing I would do. I just thought that in comparison to the other afleets he was a little different in talking to the media, but you are right, plenty of tnb in celebrations. I too think the buck is line for a career ending injury. Too much running. Harbaugh is abusing and it's going to cost him. The guy who he benched is going to have the last laugh- Enter Alex Smith.

The ugly scarecrow looking mulatto was displaying tons of TNB last night. My biggest pet peeve is whites falling prey to treating mulattoes as their own, when they show the slightest bit of character or decency. Trust me when I say, that no matter how white they talk or act, that they are highly unpredicatable and stock full of racial idenity issues. Give credit where credit is due and keep your head up.

I hope we all know what a White person is, there's no such thing as he's more White then black. Although Kapernick did have a incrediable game, he certainly did show TNB. The thing about the "new QB" is if pocket passers would just run enough to keep the defense honest and pick up an occasional first down, they wouldn't need them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Well said Kaptain. I posted a something similar in the Interesting Article about Tebow thread. It's such an obvious double standard. Tebow would have performed well given a chance in that offense - the same offense he played in college and the same one all the "experts" said would not work in the NFL. Well 2 years later 4 black QBs are running the offense while Tebow is being relegated to the bench and being made a target and mocked by the media and dwfs.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I hope we all know what a White person is, there's no such thing as he's more White then black. Although Kapernick did have a incrediable game, he certainly did show TNB. The thing about the "new QB" is if pocket passers would just run enough to keep the defense honest and pick up an occasional first down, they wouldn't need them.

many of them used to quite a bit, then decided it wasn't worth it to get hit that often (combined with getting hit in the pocket), being that many of the greats are well into their 30's. Brees used to run quite a bit, not anymore. Brady averaged 40 attempts his first 6 years in the league. Rodgers runs probably the most out of "pocket passers" with at least 50 attempts a year with around 200 to 300 yards. Alex Smith had 50+ attempts last year, the other season he started 16 games he had 44 but both he and Smith are still pretty young. None of these guys got to run the spread option.

The thing about the new spread option is that they are now running it out of the pistol, which means they can mix a traditional offense with the zone read, something Tebow didn't have last year. Yes he didn't run out of the pistol in college, but neither did RG3 or Wilson. AJ McCarron is lined up more in pistol than those two were in college, although he doesn't get zone read plays.

It will be stopped next year, which is why I think Dallas hired Montee Kiffin and fired Rob Ryan, he is who Pete Carrol has went to to figure out how to stop it and Kiffin was able to to stop the spread option when the Vols played Tebow. He threw 2 picks that game, the problem was that Tebow could just run traditional halfback plays out of shotgun and still gain yardage and they squeaked out a win, I think Kiffin described him as not being human. I don't think the current wave of affletes are going to be able to average even 4 ypc doing that, not to mention I don't think they will hold up.

The Tebow situation is really ridiculous. How can people not wake up and see the agenda? Okay, before this year you could say the NFL was reluctant to run college offenses, but at least 4 teams ran spread option (49ers, Seahawks, Redskins, Panthers (only one who doesn't really do pistol)

Its supposed to be a copy cat league. What qb coming out right now can run this offense? I can't think of any really. Geno Smith is closer to the Tech qbs, but there is Tebow, who right now doesn't have one team interested.

Last edited:

Tom Iron

Mentor
dwid, Don't worry. Tebow will be picked up by a team. It's just good business not to show your hand.

Tom Iron...

Gibbon

Guru
Not to look ahead because certainly the Pats will have their hands full with the Texans and could very well loose but....

A gauntlet is forming for the Patriots comprised of all the teams that gave them trouble in the regular season: Baltimore, Seattle and SF.

If they are to do it this year, it will be a hard fought road of redemption. But at least they won't be taking anyone lightly.

And they can't look past Houston today or they'll definitely loose. Everyone around here points to the early exit via Rex Ryan's Jets in 2010. We rolled over the Jets in the regular season (as we did the Texans this year) but then we were pommelled in the playoffs.

That 2010 loss to the Jets was exquisitely painful (almost as bad as the first Super Bowl loss to the Giants. Almost!) It was billed correctly as a culture clash. The brash (implicitly ghettoish) Jets against the hard working, reserved (implicitly white) Patriots. At least if, god forbid, we lose, the Texans aren't as much a bunch of turds as those Jets were (and one of the whiter teams in the league).

The Patriots advantage this year in my view. Lowered expectations. The pressure is off Brady (relatively speaking). There is no perfect record to achieve. We've been humbled. We're mortal. We've lost. Victory had made us weak. It's time to climb the hill again as Brady did way back when, when no one knew his name. At least that's my hope.

And we shall see....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gibbon - hopefully they feed Woodhead the ball as well - he is a key cog in that offense.

Gibbon

Guru
Also, wanted to say that I am honored to have everyone on this board as an honorary Patriots fan today and hopefully the rest of the way. Naturally, I'll be hoisting the Texans banner if things don't go well today (as blood is thicker than water) but, in any case, glad to have you onboard.

Go Pats!