2012 NFL Divisional Playoffs

northwinds

Mentor
The Denver coach took the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands on the last two Denver possessions in regular time......playing to lose.....

Old Scratch

Mentor
WOW. Change these stripes to purple.

The ball pretty much hit nothing but ground with one hand barely on it, then he gets two after that. Clearly not a catch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaepernick was just picked for a TD in the beginning of the SF-GB game.

davidholly

Mentor
Man Caldwell sure is an improvement over Cam Cameron, first down run Rice, second down run Rice, third down pass to Boldin or Pitta.

Highlander

Mentor
I think I remember someone named Alex Smith also making a pretty nice run last year for a TD in the playoffs against the Saints, too.

davidholly

Mentor
I think I remember someone named Alex Smith also making a pretty nice run last year for a TD against the Saints, too.

DWFs on twitter were spouting BS about how Smith couldn't make that run, they obviously didn't watch Smith in college or last year.

Highlander

Mentor
Oh, well, assuming NE wins tomorrow, that makes next week's game an easy choice of whom to root for.

foobar75

Master
Well, looks like it's Pats or bust now, a very disappointing result from a caste perspective.

northwinds

Mentor
The Denver coach should be taken out and horse-whipped for what he did tonight.....took the ball out of Peyton's hands and can't be bothered to ice the kicker... pathetic

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Manning threw an INT to lose the game for Denver. I get alot of satisfaction in Denver's loss since that Elway and Fox screwed Tebow over. I would usually be more bummed about the outcome but this one had some revenge undertones for me because I could still picture how Elway was visibly upset when Tebow led them to all those improbably wins last year including against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Manning threw an INT to lose the game for Denver. I get alot of satisfaction in Denver's loss since that Elway and Fox screwed Tebow over. I would usually be more bummed about the outcome but this one had some revenge undertones for me because I could still picture how Elway was visibly upset when Tebow led them to all those improbably wins last year including against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Manning didn't lose the game; Champ Bailey, Raheem Moore and Tony Carter lost the game. It's beyond pathetic that the game even went to overtime thanks to their bad play, esp. on Jacoby Jones' TD at the end of regulation.

Manning was sterling all game. And Flacco made lots of big plays and was clutch a number of times.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Heartbreaker. I never was comfortable watching the game. The Broncos were battling the officials as well as the Ravens. Kaptain was right, the penalty on the phantom holding when Hester rush for a first down was unbelievable. I’m still aggravated by it. The TD at the end of regulation by the Ravens was sickening.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Agree about the Broncos secondary being torched and they are the primary reason that game was lost but Manning wasn't stellar all game. He threw a pick 6 and an INT in overtime.

Manning was handpicked by Elway and Fox to help kick Tebow out of Denver and into the gutter. I don't really want to argue or revel to much since I do really like Manning and Denver has become one of the whitest teams in the league but for all that Tebow went through this year to have Elway and Fox go one and done in the playoffs does give me some satisfaction.

Also - Don please don't take this as an attack on Manning, yourself or the Broncos and I do not want to start an argument. Just voicing my happiness with Elway/Fox losing in the playoffs after screwing over Tebow - dumbing down the offense and making it appear as if Tebow was a hindrance and had no future as an NFL QB. I blame them for giving the media all the falsehoods to build the case against Tebow.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree that the secondary was the first reason they lost but to be fair, Manning deserves some blame. He had 1 fumble and two interceptions. The second int. led to the Ravens win. Peyton Manning is as good as they come but he is human. The last pass should
have never been thrown. He should have thrown it away since it wasn't third down. No need to force it in. Their backup running back cannot block though. Manning was running for his life way too much. Hester should have been used far more to run and block. He would have given Peyton a little more time to throw.

I'm bummed by like the other poster said, at least Tebow can say he won a playoff game. I wish Manning would have won but hopefully Brady & Company will be more than ready when the Ravens go to Foxborough. I am now a litle nervous about tommorows game though. Come on Pats. Get it done and get back to the Super Bowl in another month.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I understand the frustration over Tebow, but Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback in NFL history imo. Just about any team would have been thrilled to have him. Plus the Denver offense this season was the second most enjoyable one I've watched over the past 25 years, just behind New England's.

Tebow's been screwed over by every team in the league so far not just Denver, because any team that wanted to give him a shot at starting could have done so and still can.

foobar75

Master
Broncos secondary, John Fox with his idiotic/conservative play calling, and then perhaps Manning should take the blame, in that order. Let's not forget, he has never played well in cold weather, and today was no exception.

A NE-GB SB is still a possibility, so all is not lost yet.

My thoughts exactly. A small part of Tebow must be really happy that his 20 million dollar replacement couldn't get any farther in the playoffs than he did.

I'd prefer the Pats and Broncos to square off for the AFC championship, but the Pats beating the Ravens for the second year in a row will be just as sweet. I'm also hoping they do it more decisively this time around.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Houston's still around, too. And as much as I wanted Peyton Manning to win a second Super Bowl this year, Flacco has to be given a lot of credit for knocking him off. All he's done is win a playoff game each of his first five years (first QB ever to do that), and now his team wins a second straight playoff game this year and does it on the road against the number one seed. Joe deserves a lot more respect than what he's gotten from the CM media and DWF Nation during his career, especially since he's never had a particularly good group of receivers to work with.