2010 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

JReb1

Mentor
The fans in Tamps aren't fooled by this joke of a team which is why they're still staying away from the stadium as the home games continue to be blacked out just like their team...
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
The success of Blount this year proves that White power backs from the 70's through early 80's could still start and be productive players. Ie Rob Carpenter clones. Blount looks like Ron Dayne with a set...
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thisbrought to mindBarrett Robbins, thewhite o-lineman for the Raiders who had some mental issues, including going AWOL right before the Super Bowl. His troubles were nationally publicized and made the butt of jokesand his name is brought up to this day when the subject isscrewed-up players. Compare that to the virtual silent treatment this nut, with 11 police visitsto his home in the past 9 months,is receiving. From Weenieworld:

Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers OG Arron Sears, in jail for the past 34 days, has a hearing Thursday to determine if he will receive psychiatric help after assaulting a law enforcement officer. He needs it, and the assistant state attorney acknowledges that it's "not always about sending people prison" if they're mentally unstable. Police have made 11 visits to Sears' home in the past nine months, including once when Sears referred to himself as "God." In a short stay at a mental hospital Sears "demanded a beer and a black and mild (cigar)," threatening that the "place is going to blow" when he was denied. Sears is now indigent, and his NFL career is over at age 26.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That's fine, Don, but you have to remember that this Arron Sears fellow not only has incredible affletic upside, but has suffered for years in the oppressive racist Amerikkka. No wonder he is having difficulties. While Barrett Robinson is just an undeserving cracker that should have been weeded out of football while he was playing Pop Warner.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, FootballDad, I feel ashamed. I really hope the Bucs bring Sears back and give himdozens of opportunities over the next five or six yearsto fulfill his tremendous upside. And if he kills some people or blows up a building or two along the way, it will be worth it to see this young man redeem himself where it counts, on the field of play.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
You're right, FootballDad, I feel ashamed. I really hope the Bucs bring Sears back and give himdozens of opportunities over the next five or six yearsto fulfill his tremendous upside. And if he kills some people or blows up a building or two along the way, it will be worth it to see this young man redeem himself where it counts, on the field of play.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another afflete possibly involved in a serious crime.

<div ="photo">
4640.jpg
</div>

<div ="re">

Bucs CB Aqib Talib is a "person of interest" in a March 21 altercation involving his family in Texas.
</div>
<div ="impact">
According to the Garland Police Department,
Talib could be arrested and charged with anything from a misdemeanor to a
second-degree felony. According to the initial report and sources of
the Dallas Observer, Talib attempted to pistol-whip his sister's
boyfriend and fired several shots at him as he tried to flee. Talib, who
has established himself as one of the better all-around corners in the
game, has a long history of off-field issues. If charged in this case,
he could eventually face discipline from the league.
</div>

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, this is nice. so it was both him and his MOTHER! that were involved. and apparently, he can't even hold on to his gun haha

According to the police investigation, Bucs CB Aqib Talib grabbed the handgun out of his mother's hands and fired "a couple of rounds" at Shannon Billings on March 21.
Talib lost his own gun when it slipped out of his hands as he was trying to pistol-whip Billings. Witnesses say Talib's mother then arrived on the scene and began shooting, only to have Talib take the gun and pick up where she left off. Talib has "vigorously denied" that he pulled the trigger despite witness reports to the contrary. In addition to a burglary charge and three failed drug tests at Kansas, Talib has had two fights with teammates and an assault on a taxi driver since entering the NFL. Even if he avoids prison time, his NFL discipline will be harsh

devans

Mentor
Even in the UK (where we are far too soft on criminals) firing a gun at someone is generally called attempted murder and is punishable with 10 - 15 years.
Is this the same as a 2nd degree misdomenor? I don't know what that means, but it dosn'tsound very serious

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
devans said:
Even in the UK (where we are far too soft on criminals) firing a gun at someone is generally called attempted murder and is punishable with 10 - 15 years.
<div>Is this the same as a 2nd degree misdomenor? I don't know what that means, but it dosn'tsound very serious</div>

Devans, a misdemeanor in the US is a minor crime. It usually results in a maximum jail sentence of a year. Felonies are serious crimes here in the US and this guy could get up to 20 years.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

devans

Mentor
Thanks - I didn't read it properly

Westside

Hall of Famer
I say suspend the affelet until all details come out. But then the season may never be played, bring in these affelets. Bring in the scrubs or strike crossers. F them.