2010 Cincinnati Bengals

johnnyboy

Guru
FootballDad said:
If Carson Palmer gets his wish and is traded, or he retires, this is the PERFECT spot for sCam Newton to land!  He would get to play for Marvin "The Warden" Lewis, and be in perfect company to develop future bad habits! 

i would love to see Cam in Cincy. then after he throws for 30 interceptions for the year, we'll see what Mel Kiper has to say about him. the perfect scenario would be for Tebow to excel and Cam to flounder. what will the haters say then? haha.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
johnnyboy said:
FootballDad said:
If Carson Palmer gets his wish and is traded, or he retires, this is the PERFECT spot for sCam Newton to land! He would get to play for Marvin "The Warden" Lewis, and be in perfect company to develop future bad habits!

i would love to see Cam in Cincy. then after he throws for 30 interceptions for the year, we'll see what Mel Kiper has to say about him. the perfect scenario would be for Tebow to excel and Cam to flounder. what will the haters say then? haha.

Even if Newton does end up in Cincy and throws 30 interceptions he will still get at least five years to prove himself. Every black quarterback has so far except for maybe Russell who got a bit less.

TheAnimal

Guru
johnnyboy said:

WA33 is correct. Newton is guaranteed AT LEAST 5 years before the MSN and "experts" acknowledge he isn't doing well. Kiper will never admit he was wrong, he never does.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I see no reason that sCam Newton won't be drafted by the bungles. All one has to look to see their reasoning is Andre Smiff. As always, a misguided or just plain dumb white in positions of power and decision making pick the affoolete. A couple of years go by and the pick doesn't pan out, just pick another one. The vicious cycle at the expense of talented White players goes on. Glad the bungles sucked in 2010.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carson Palmer isn't quite the wigger some here have had an oddobsession of portraying him as. He's obviously had more than his fill of the Bengals and Mike Brown's infatuation with thugs and prima donnas. Also, wiggers aren't knownfor their ability to saveand invest money.
smiley2.gif

Carson Palmer: I have $80M in bank

Carson Palmer is apparently determined to leave Cincinnati.

Palmer, who has demanded the Bengals trade him, told a confidant he "will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again," WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported Tuesday.

Bengals owner Mike Brown said in January that he will not trade Palmer because the quarterback is crucial to the team's plans.

Several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen in January that Palmer will contemplate retirement if the Bengals do not trade him.

According to Tuesday's report, Palmer said "I have $80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

Palmer hasn't talked to the media since making his trade request. A text message seeking comment wasn't returned. Agent David Dunn released a statement saying that "because of the lack of success that Carson and the Bengals have experienced together, Carson strongly feels that a separation between him and the Bengals would be in the best interest of both parties."

Palmer was the franchise's building block when it made him the first overall pick in 2003, Marvin Lewis' first season as coach. He led the Bengals to the playoffs in 2005 and 2009 -- their only winning records in the past 20 years -- and rebounded from severe knee and elbow injuries along the way.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6172018