2010 Arkansas Razorbacks

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Razorbacks started 7 whites last season. Here are the projected white starters for 2010.

QB-Ryan Mallett
Guard-Wade Grayson
Center-Seth Oxner
Guard-Grant Cook

DE-Jake Bequette

It looks like 5 white starters at this point. A loss of two from last year unless senior Ben Cleveland beats out DJ Williams for the starting job.

Edited by: whiteathlete33

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Looks like no reason to watch the Hogs this year other than Ryan Mallett, and Stadther and Bequette.

Riddlewire

Master
Hate to say anything bad about one of our own on a dark team, but Mallett is a fraud. He has exactly one talent. And it's a rare one, so Petrino was able to exploit it last year because opposing teams just aren't prepared to defend against it. Mallett can throw the ball 150 yards in the air while seated cross-legged on the ground (or something equally hyperbolic). Defenders just aren't used to pursuing receivers fifty yards downfield while still waiting for the ball to be thrown. But that's how Arkansas had success. Mallett, however, can't hit anything under 20 yards. He has no short/medium range accuracy. And he can't evade even the slowest defensive lineman. Tyler Wilson is the better quarterback in every important way. Don't look for him to ever take snaps for the Razorbacks, though. As soon as Mallett turns pro, Arkansas's new pro-black quarterback offensive coordinator will insert one of his pet projects into the lineup.
Arkansas will have to dramatically improve its running game if it wants to equal the success of last season.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I remember Jimmy's and your posts last year about Mallett, Riddle. The jock sniffers are really hyping Mallett up. Most early mocks for next year have him in the top 10. Unless he improves, they are setting him up for a huge fall.

Riddlewire

Master
I don't believe Mallett will be any worse. Not even sure that's possible, since his arm is still attached. He just doesn't have any actual skill beyond that howitzer. The problem is that the new OC (who wants to turn Arkansas into Miami circa 1989) looks to have restructured the playbook to suit Michael Vick instead of Ryan Mallett. That's what they ran in the Spring Game, anyway. My opinion is that they will have a losing record next season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
So in other words Mallett is the white equivalent to Jamarcus Russell??! I sure hope not lol, but I will have to catch some Hogs games this year and see for myself!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
word is that undersized "fullback" Mitchell Bailey (who in reality was the second-best tailback on the roster last year for the Hogs) is transferring. i hope it's true, and i hope he's going somewhere that will give him a chance to carry the pigskin.

this kid has terrific talent, is tough, and is a hell of a guy. i've met him and talked with him on several occasions, and if anyone deserves a break for doing things the right way (and being a really good ball player, too) then it is him.

Riddlewire

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
word is that undersized "fullback" Mitchell Bailey (who in reality was the second-best tailback on the roster last year for the Hogs) is transferring.

It's a shame Clint Caste is still the coach at UCA. That would be a great location for Bailey. He could transfer in and start dominating right away. I suspect he'll end up back in Oklahoma at a DII school. Such a waste.
White high school players should boycott the Razorblacks indefinitely. We'll see how long those Country Club liberals that show up at games in Fayetteville continue to feel enthusiastic about a 100% black team.

Actually...
I'm not sure it would bother them at all. It seems the UA fanbase has been completely racially castrated. I guess it started with Ken Hatfield.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
rumor is that Mitchell is headed to Louisiana-Monroe and will be on full scholarship ... i've not confirmed this yet, though.

Riddlewire

Master
Well, that's dumb.
He would've been better off at ASU. ULM is trending "West Virginia" in recent years. If he goes there, I give him a 2% chance of taking snaps at tailback.
I suppose any place is better than "Gang Rape U", though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Well, that's dumb.
He would've been better off at ASU. ULM is trending "West Virginia" in recent years. If he goes there, I give him a 2% chance of taking snaps at tailback.
I suppose any place is better than "Gang Rape U", though.

RW,

to my knowledge, ASU didn't offer him a full-ride; ULM did. at least nowBailey's getting his college paid for now, whereas before he was having to pay for it out of his own pocket (as all walk-ons do). and, considering the fact that his folks are poor, the economics of the decision were a no-brainer given that other schools weren't lining up to acquire his services.

you are spot on with the rest of your analysis, though. but hopefully, his talent will overcome the inherent bias in the system.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
apparently Petrino's desire for tall, fast wide receivers specifically excludes tall, fast, WHITE wide receivers ... as Neal Barlow is no longer onthe football team's roster. i have no detailsas towhy or where he's gone.

a6-6 wideout with 4.55-speed, Barlow was redshirted last year with an injury. below i'll post his high school resume, which is impressive.

As a senior at Pulaski Academy, Barlow had 96 receptions for 1,512 yards (15.7 yards per reception) and 23 touchdowns. He totaled more than 100 yards receiving in seven games during 2008 and recorded four touchdowns in a single game twice. He had three games in which he recorded 10-or-more receptions, including a season-high 12 for 179 yards against Greenwood. During his junior season, he racked up 81 receptions for 1,164 yards (14.4 avg.) and 11 touchdowns. He helped guide Pulaski Academy to the 2008 Arkansas 5A state championship with a pair of touchdown catches in the 35-32 victory over West Helena Central. He earned all-state honors as a senior. He was named to the Arkansas AP Super Team and was also selected for the All-Arkansas team by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. The Arkansas Democrat Gazette also named him to the all-metro team as a junior and senior. He is rated the No. 77 wide receiver in the nation by Scout.com. He was ranked as the fourth-highest prospect in Arkansas on the HawgSports.com Natural 21 list. His high school coach was Kevin Kelley. He also played basketball. His father (Jeb) played basketball for Dean Smith at North Carolina and was a teammate and roommate with Michael Jordan and a part of the Tar Heels 1982 national championship team. Barlow was also recruited by Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Tulsa and Ohio State. He was born April 27, 1991.

as an aside, Barlow wasn't even the best wide receiver on his high school team ... that distinction went to Carson McKnight who was faster andmore productive but was apparently "undersized" at 6-feet tall. he wasn't offered a scholarship anywhere.

Riddlewire

Master
Somebody on the Razorbacks forum mentioned this. I'll just copy/paste:
I saw him at Dillard's a few days ago, and the salesman asked him if he was a basketball player. He told the salesman that he was a Razorback Football player, and that he was told that he could not play anymore due to having multiple foot injuries, and that he would be on a hardship scholarship.The salesman asked his name and he said it was Neal Barlow.
No clue if there's any truth to that. But Neal is definitely off the team.

With him gone, that reduces to 0% the chance that any white player will tote the ball at all this season, thus eliminating any chance that I will watch them play.

And so it seems Taylor Stockemer is the only white receiver left in the state of Arkansas for this year. And he didn't even play in the ASU Spring Game. He has probably already fallen out of favor with their new 'spread guru'. Edited by: Riddlewire

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"Booby Putzrino" is an @$$clown & a half....just sayin'.
smiley2.gif

WhiteMilkOnly

<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 300px;">Mark Pierce was awesome and he is white. I think they put him in jail in Texas with a bunch of blacks, though.</div>Edited by: WhiteMilkOnly

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
2Legit2Quit, somewhere within your vast amount of self proclaimed football knowledge you forgot that Mark Pierce was a bulked up White FB, not a favored black RB like Brandon Holmes. Nice try with the apples and oranges comparison, but it won't wash.
smiley78.gif

WhiteMilkOnly

Colonel_Reb said:
2Legit2Quit, somewhere within your vast amount of self proclaimed football knowledge you forgot that Mark Pierce was a bulked up White FB, not a favored black RB like Brandon Holmes. Nice try with the apples and oranges comparison, but it won't wash.
smiley78.gif
<div>
</div><div>
</div><div>I thought you was joking at first but looked up Brandon Homes and he was black. I never had any idea. We couldnt get the hogs on tv where I grew up so it was all radio. Dont remember hearing Homes talk or get interviewed on the radio so i just assumed he was one of us.</div><div>
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 300px;"></div></div>

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
To clarify.. I'm totally cool with blacks being a morbidly obese race, eating themselves to death and not being able to get our primo White chicks.

I simply don't want these "stubby" sumos disgracing the college football fields across our land. No matter what college game I watch, the talking-heads seem to slobber over every "big black guy" Defensive Tackle. A few might be promising, and actually put up some stats, like Michigan State's young DT, but most are just awful and have ZERO endurance.

Riddlewire

Master
Found out yesterday that Stadther has been demoted to third team. And I remember hearing a week ago that either Grayson or Oxner were fighting for their position.
Arkansas is getting very close to being the most affletic team in the country.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Mallett is heading to the NFL

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...29/Arkansas+QB+Mallett+declares+for+NFL+draft

</span>FAYETTEVILLE, ARK.
â€" The University of Arkansas says Ryan Mallett, the junior quarterback
who led the Razorbacks to a 10-3 season and a spot in the Sugar Bowl,
has declared for the April 27-29 NFL draft.</span>

</span>Arkansas
made the announcement in a news release Thursday. Mallett said in the
release that a spot on an National Football League team had long been a
goal of his.

Mallett thanked coach Bobby Petrino and other
top staff at Arkansas, calling Petrino a winner, a man of character and
the hardest worker he had ever seen. Petrino said in the release that he
was proud of Mallett and his accomplishments, and wished him the best
in the NFL.Mallett completed 266 of 411 passes during the just-completed season, for 32 touchdowns and 3,869 yards.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
To clarify.. I'm totally cool with blacks being a morbidly obese race, eating themselves to death and not being able to get our primo White chicks.

I simply don't want these "stubby" sumos disgracing the college football fields across our land. No matter what college game I watch, the talking-heads seem to slobber over every "big black guy" Defensive Tackle. A few might be promising, and actually put up some stats, like Michigan State's young DT, but most are just awful and have ZERO endurance.

And that Michigan State DT (Jerel Worthy) got noticeably fatter and seemed to have regressed....
smiley36.gif

_________

Anyways, I came here to post an injury..

Hogs lose Broderick Green for season
Posted on: April 15, 2011 5:34 pm

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/28551816

smiley19.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
ESPN says he's an LB, but the Arkansas team website has him listed as a Safety. Whatever the case, since he's White, he's rare in the SEC. According to this article, Ross was going to be a significant contributor this season but is now suspended indefinitely. Two black players have been arrested in the last five months.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Washington County jail records show that Arkansas linebacker Ross Rasner has been arrested on drug and alcohol charges.

According
to the records, Rasner was arrested early Friday morning by University
of Arkansas police and booked into the county jail at 1:22 a.m.

The
records indicate that the 19-year-old Rasner was charged with
possession of a controlled substance and being a minor in possession of
alcohol. The circumstances of his arrest are not included in the
records.

Kevin Trainor, spokesman for Arkansas athletics, said a
statement about Rasner's arrest would likely be issued later Friday by
the football program.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6362475