2009 NFL Draft Prospects

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
green fire317 said:
is laurinaitis still considered a first round pick? i am starting to see him go to the lions at the first pick in the second round in more and more mock drafts.

I think so though he is getting alot of crap about his poor 40 time.

Interesting b/c Rey Maualuga who somehow strained his hamstring on a slightly slower 40 time than Laurinaitis at the Combine is ranked ahead of Laurinaitis by virtually every service. If Maualuga is a bit faster as his Pro Day appears to indicate, Maualuga's agility numbers are actually further off Laurinaitis's at his Pro Day than his 40 time is better. I thought the recent study showed agility trumps speed on the football field? Also, I haven't heard 3rd ranked MLB Darry Beckwith who has the same 40 time as Laurinaitis called a limited athlete .

If you read Dan Pompei's recent draft analysis, he even had the nerve to say Mitch King has "modest athleticism" when he was tied for the best 40 time in the top 20 DTs ranked on NFLdraftscout, had a 33.5 inch vertical and 4.4 short shuttle at his large framed size at his Pro Day. The country is full of caste clowns "reporters".
smiley7.gif