2009 NFL Draft Prospects

RBNY123

Thanks so much star wars, i'm a big fan of d3 sports in general i feel it is easier to get behind a very local team, peter and nate are absolute studs and for some reason i had been unable to find any vids of peter so thank you for this great find.

RBNY123

his arm movement seems a little off because they cross his body instead of moving in a vertical motion, if he corrects this he can be even faster

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've mentioned Ittersagen before, as he is considered by many people to be the best small school cornerback in the country. thanks for finding video of him.

but isn't it "funny" that a guy with ideal size, strength, agility, and speed had to play at the d3 level to get an opportunity to show his stuff?

apparently white cornerbacks have a lot of VERY wide cracks they can fall through.
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood said:
i've mentioned Ittersagen before, as he is considered by many people to be the best small school cornerback in the country. thanks for finding video of him.

but isn't it "funny" that a guy with ideal size, strength, agility, and speed had to play at the d3 level to get an opportunity to show his stuff?

apparently white cornerbacks have a lot of VERY wide cracks they can fall through.
smiley7.gif
I know what you mean, it's puzzles me how such a position became black exclusive in the first place. Players like Ittersagen have to play in small programs just to get noticed and display their playing skills. Now there's your racism, the big programs are so bias towards whites outside the quarterback position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an article linked by DD on Paul Kruger and Austin Collie. Kruger's athleticism is praised, but of course Collie's isn't as no white WRs are supposed to be athletic. Collie's comments are annoying as well:

While Smith is seen as a potential star, Collie is out to prove that he's good enough to be a possession receiver at the next level. Collie, who left school with a year of eligibility left, knows that he's probably not going to be a first-day selection. He also knows that plenty of fourth- and fifth-round picks -- that is the part of the draft where he's expected to be picked -- go on to have productive careers.

"Because of my 40 time, I'd be shocked if I were a first-day pick," Collie said. "I expect to go mid-round, and I'm perfectly fine with that because I just want to make a team and contribute. I'm consistent and I'm a reliable receiver. I'm not going to burn a guy on a route, but I know that I can make big catches. That's what I want to do. I want to prove myself."

full article: http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_12123952

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Why do white athletes degrade themselves? It makes no sense. Collie burns by cornerbacks all the time. Even elite cornerbacks. It is just that the Caste System is so ingrained into white guys heads. Sickening if you ask me. Even by him saying that, it will help to cost him possibly millions of dollars by being drafted lower. Can you imagine a T.O. saying that. Wake up guys. Be a little wienery. Brag about your speed and hops!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A DD blurb about A&M QB Stephen McGee:

One of our long time, inside sources tells us Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee could be rising fast as draft weekend nears:

"Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee is very likely to be the 1st senior quarterback selected in the upcoming N.F.L. draft. He had arguably the strongest showing of all the quarterbacks who participated at the N.F.L. Combine, throwing the ball very well while recording the second fastest forty time (4.61) at his position behind only Pat White of West Virginia. McGee, who has drawn comparisions to Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, is an intriguing prospect due to the fact that he is considered a drop back passer with tremendous speed. He is also a dynamic athlete that can give a team a great look in the Wildcat formation.

McGee was one of the most highly touted quarterbacks in the nation coming out of high school. During his junior and senior seasons, he combined for 81 TD's and 3 Int's while leading his team to back to back state championship appearances. The 6-3, 225-pounder flew under the radar during his time at Texas A&M. While his statistics under former head coach Dennis Franchione were solid enough to earn N.F.L. attention (60 percent completion rate for 4,606 yards and a 24-10 touchdown-to-interception ratio), he was a bit overlooked thanks to Franchione's read-option offense.

Prior to McGee's senior year, former Green Bay head coach Mike Sherman was named coach at A&M. Many N.F.L. scouts expected a big season from Stephen, but a shoulder injury limited him to three starts. Following a great week of practice at the East-West game, scouts came away impressed with his development. The fast rising quarterback had every team but one in attendance at his Pro Day and has had over 20 teams visit with him at College Station this season.

For the last two decades, college quarterbacks who played through their senior season have had more success than their early-entrant counterparts. Since 1998, for example, there have been 11 early-entry quarterbacks drafted by N.F.L. teams, but only three are currently starting: Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and JaMarcus Russell
".

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Ben Roethlisberger is a great QB.

Aaron Rodgers is already a good one, IMHO, and will simply get better with more playing experience.

JaMarcus Russell will lose his job to Jeff Garcia and will be out of the NFL in a few years.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Ben Roethlisberger is a great QB.

Aaron Rodgers is already a good one, IMHO, and will simply get better with more playing experience.

JaMarcus Russell will lose his job to Jeff Garcia and will be out of the NFL in a few years.

I highly doubt Russell will be out of the NFL in a few years. The moron Al Davis loves his "affletes". He will get at least 5 more years to "prove" himself. If he doesn't succeed in Oakland there will be alot of stupid GM's who will drool over his "cannon" of an arm.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I can't believe Eric Morris and Nate Swift are rated as udfa and this guy Nic Harris is ranked as a 4th round db

On this highlight video Nate Swift

i noticed he missed a tackle on Nate Swift at 3:59 allowing him to get like 20 extra yards, well at least he slows him down with his pathetic attempt at tackling and poor angle, and then at 4:30 gives up a touchdown to him

notice at :41 seconds, Cody Grimm, an "overachieving undersized linebacker that sometimes plays safety" thats how you take someone down and take a proper angle after the db fails to tackle and 3:16, Daniel Charbonnet wrapping him up.

but hey Daniel is projected as an UDFA too, i guess registering 92 tackles and a team-leading six picks, including a key interception against Texas that he returned for a touchdown. and also 6 pass deflections and 1 forced fumble in last year year doesn't count for anything. and Cody Grimm will probably never get on anybody's radar when he graduates either
EDIT: he got 49 tackles (doesnt seem like much but there are other FS with around the same with less interceptions, pass deflections and are ranked higher, i dont think he gave up many big plays from what ive seen, someone correct me if i am wrong), 1 ff, 6 pass deflections and 5 interceptions last year.
I guess the website i quoted was going by his career stats, I dont know how much playing time he got before he last season

and then on the Eric Morris video, at :30 seconds he gives up one of Eric Morris's longer catches of the season and then starts talking trash, I like that Morris sat there yelling back and didnt back down, then the ref got in the way and Harris jumped like he was gonna do something, but Morris didnt flinch the whole time, I think hes gonna be one tough sob in the pros...if some team gives him a shot

Eric Morris

Then at :52 seconds gives up a touchdown to him at 4:11 they show a replay at a different angle, the look of dissapointment on Harris's face, classic. A 6'3 DB with "tremendous athletic ability" giving up the td to an "elf with limited athletic ability"

but hey Harris is ranked as a top 10 safety and going in the 4th round, and Swift is ranked as the 50th best WR and Eric Morris doesnt even crack the top 50, that adds up....right?

What does it take to go in the 4th round as a White WR, oh thats right, just leading the nation in receiving, thats all, thats as high as they can rank you.Edited by: dwid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
green fire317 said:
you would think with the success of wes welker, that he would put these sort of guys on the map.

Only ifyou don't understand what the Caste System is all about.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't think anyone has posted this yet ... it's courtesy of the guys at DraftDaddy.

Former Texas State tailback Stanley Zwinggi has set up his own website, with video links, and notes he recently ran 4.18 40.

DD.comment: As we've noted before, scouts timed Stan at 4.35 at his Junior Day (last spring). A few weeks ago his best 40 time at his senior Pro Day, according to respected NFL.com draft analyst Gil Brandt, was a 4.47. Mr.Brandt did note, however, that T.S.U.'s Pro Day was held outside, in poor conditions -- rain and lots of wind. Zwinggi sort of reminds us of former D-II star Brad Pyatt (Northern Colorado), a free agent blazer, who did a nice job returning kicks and punts for the Colts as a rookie in 2003, until a rash injuries derailed his N.F.L. career.

here's the link to Zwinggi's site. he was timed electronically by a Texas State track and field coach, whose contact info is provided for verification along with Zwinggi's speed numbers.
Zwinggi's website said:
LATEST NEWS 04/09/2009: Zwinggi was timed this past Thursday in the 40 yd and 55 meter dash on the track surface with automatic electronic timers by Adam Hudson, a Texas State Track and Field coach. Also in attendance was Zwinggi's trainer, Lance Hooton (SCCC and USA Weightlifting Coach who has been training world-class athletes for the past 11 years). Zwinggi ran twice in each dash. He was timed 4.18 (foot release) and 4.25 (hand release) in the 40, 6.12 and 6.25 in the 55 meter (out of blocks). Contact info: Coach Hudson 512-245-9277, hudson@txstate.edu, or Lance Hooton 512-917-5701, lance@hootontraining.com.

"Had Stan had the opportunity to run for me this season, he would have made the national meet and done quite well. He is faster than anyone we have ever had." - Adam Hudson, Texas State Track and Field Coach

i mean, holy crap! this kid can flat out fly!
smiley3.gif
smiley32.gif

StarWars

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood if all that information is actually true he is on pace to run in the low 10.2s/ high 10.1s for a 100 meter dash. That is world class speed. My god...

sunshine

Mentor
Hope Zwinggi plays on Sunday. Could be the fastest or at least top 4 in speed in draft.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
sunshine said:
Hope Zwinggi plays on Sunday. Could be the fastest or at least top 4 in speed in draft.

Zwinggi is a monster. He would be one of the fastest players in the NFL. I have read that he once ran a 4.18 40 on a track surface.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I found this nugget in an article about "rifle armed" Nate Davis. It says a lot about why the NFL's Great Black Quarterback Experiment has been such a huge failure and will continue to be:

Not only must Davis overcome his status as a third-year junior but also widespread concern about his ability to handle an NFL playbook. Davis has acknowledged that he is learning disabled, and so it was not a shock when he scored merely 11 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test.

Although his score isn't that far off from the NFL average of about 19.5, it is extremely low for a quarterback. In the last 15 years, the only starting quarterbacks with scores of 15 or below have been Vince Young (15), Donovan McNabb (12), Charlie Batch (15) and Kordell Stewart (15). Seattle backup Seneca Wallace had a 10.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
So the lowest scores were all by black quarterbacks. It is no wonder Stewart didn't know what was happening on the field half the time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
... Although his score isn't that far off from the NFL average of about 19.5, it is extremely low for a quarterback. In the last 15 years, the only starting quarterbacks with scores of 15 or below have been Vince Young (15) ...
talk about a reporter trying as hard as he can to put a positive spin on things!
smiley36.gif

Davis'score "isn't that far off"?!?!? HAHAHAHA!!!!
smiley36.gif
just to clarify for anyone who isn't familiar with the Wonderlic, if the average score of an NFLer is indeed19.5, then his score of 11 means that he missed 8.5 more questions than the average NFL player. and that'sout of just 50 questions. that is a HORRIBLE score.

also, Vince Young's reported score is dubious, at best. when he took the Wonderlic at the Combine, he scored a 6.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Nate Davis, Learning disabled? I think we used to call that dumb or stupid. Just like the alchoholic used to be called a drunk, a bum or a wino. Not every dumb person out in the world has a medical excuse for being dumb, some people just are. Not sure in Mr. Davis's case, but I am tired of the excuses.

green fire317

Banned
is laurinaitis still considered a first round pick? i am starting to see him go to the lions at the first pick in the second round in more and more mock drafts.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
is laurinaitis still considered a first round pick? i am starting to see him go to the lions at the first pick in the second round in more and more mock drafts.

I think so though he is getting alot of crap about his poor 40 time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If Stan Zwinngi doesn't get drafted in the first 4 or 5 rounds, people will have to realize that the Caste System is even worse than we thought. This kid has numbers that jump off the page. He has legitimate sprinter speed. If he were black, they would be building him up as a sure first round pick.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Damn I wish this kid would have ran track. Who knows what he could have accomplished with some additional track coaching. Maybe if the nfl doesn't want him, he will give it a shot.

Taco

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
green fire317 said:

I think so though he is getting alot of crap about his poor 40 time.

its alright though because hes a good kid...oh wait it doesnt work like that