2008 Seahawks

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Holmgren is retiring after the 2008 season. Long a Caste System icon, Holmgren has specialized in developing white quarterbacks and ignoring whites everywhere else. Torturing white receivers (and tailback Travis Jervey) has been a particular Holmgren trademark.

The Seahawks do have a white WR in Logan Payne on their roster. He's probably on the team only because one black receiver after another has been injured, leaving Seattle all but bereft of experienced players at the position after Nate Burleson was lost for the season in Week One. Whether Payne will capitalize on this situation -- or be allowed to -- is yet to be determined. In his second year out of Minnesota, Payne is tall (6-2) and possesses excellent hands. He certainly has the talent to be a reliable target for starting QB Matt Hasselbeck.

Pro Bowler Hasselbeck is one of the top quarterbacks in the NFC, very productive on a consistent basis.

Charlie Frye is the third string QB.

The only white starter on the lineisMike Wahle at LG. Wahle, inexplicably let go by Carolina two years ago, remains one of the best in the business.

Backup center Steve Vallos is the only other white offensive linemen.

Rookie tight end John Carlson was drafted in the second round out of Notre Dame and is the starter. Tight end, quarterback and o-linemen are the only positions where whites are "allowed" to start as rookies. Elsewhere, prolonged whites-only "apprenticeships" usually must be served before the player is deemed ready to play with his athletic superiors even though whites certainly aren't lacking when it comes to the ability to understand offensive and defensive schemes and also aren't lacking when it comes to a general feel for the game and the concept of teamwork.

Jeb Putzier and Will Heller back up Carlson.

On defense, starting left end Patrick Kerney had a monster season in 2007 with 14.5 sacks and was named a starter for the NFC in the Pro Bowl. At 31 he keeps himself in tremendous condition and looks headed for another standout season.

Brian Russell is a solid starter at free safety. Russell tied for the league lead in interceptions in 2003 and was promptly demoted by Caste clown Mike Tice and run out of Minnesota. After two years at Cleveland, Russell is now in his second year with the Seahawks.

Backup tackle Craig Terrill, in his fifth season out of Purdue, sees the field a fair amount and is very effective. Jason Babin, who failed to live up to his first round draft status with the Houston Texans, is a backup end.

Holmgren's final squad is slightly less black than usual.

NUMBER OF WHITE STARTERS: 5

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF WHITE PLAYERS ON 53 MAN ROSTER: 17

GRADE: D-

Edited by: Don Wassall

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Logan Payne has taken over as the Seahawks' starting split end.

Jordan Kent's release sealed it. Considering Courtney Taylor's struggles in Week 1, Matt Hasselbeck may find Payne more reliable going forward. He was more efficient than Taylor vs. Buffalo and is worth a look in all leagues.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Logan does really well with Matt in this situation. I have both of them on my fantasy team. Maybe Logan will have a break out year that will lead to long term opportunities in the league. I hope John Carlson has a good year as well. I think we are about to see a period of white dominance at TE.

referendum

Mentor
Don, by my count we have six, yes an amazing six (amazing for Holmgren that is) starters for Seahawks, not counting Payne, four on offense and two on defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
referendum said:
Don, by my count we have six, yes an amazing six (amazing for Holmgren that is) starters for Seahawks, not counting Payne, four on offense and two on defense.

You're right, I mentioned them all but put the wrong number at the end. Will make the correction.Edited by: Don Wassall

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I had starting guard Rob Sims confused with Barry Sims. Rob is black, Barry is white, so the Seahawks do have only 5 white starters. And Sims is now out for the season, replaced by another black, Floyd Womack.

The injuries in the NFL are out of control.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know why I didn't see this coming -- Mike Holmgren's "troubled son" is returning to the Seahawks. Attention citizens of Seattle: loveable Koren's back in town and he's drunk and driving one hundred miles per hour! Welcome back!
<H1 =rdline>Seahawks turn to Robinson</H1>
<H2 =rddeckline>Troubled ex-Hawk set for encore</H2>
[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/379264_robinson16.htm l[/url]

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All they have to do is sign him as not a single team currently believesMike Hasscan help them even as their fifth or sixth receiver. It's not a color blind league but a deliberately blind league.

bigunreal

Mentor
Instead Holmgren takes the predictable Caste action and re- signs the legendary Koren Robinson. You know, the guy who was fond of committing crimes off the field and dropping passes on the field.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Koren Robinson, the caste gods must be wetting themselves with glee.

I knew the fat walrus, Mikey Holmgren was a caste disciple, but this thug-loving roster move is borderline Jimmy Johnson or Bill Cowturd. Maybe after fatty retires, mega-twit Jim Mora Jr can coach the seahawks!

Seahawker71

I would have preferred Joe Jurvicious' return. We hated to lose that guy and I
wish that we had Dane Looker as well.He's a hometown favorite from the
UW Huskies and I'm glad to see him doing well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hasselbeck out another week-Seahawks are made 10 1/2-point underdogs<BR clear=all>
<TABLE id=wnStory style="DISPLAY: none" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=180 align=left bgColor=#ffffff border=0 NAME="D20">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV id=wrapper_wnsz_20 style="DISPLAY: none" NAME="wrapper_wnsz_20"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<DIV id=story style="DISPLAY: inline" name="story">

Associated Press - October 14, 2008 5:55 PM

RENTON, Wash. (AP) - The oddsmakers are saying the struggling Seattle Seahawks will have a 1-5 record and a 3-game losing streak after their Sunday night game.

They've made the 4-2 Buccaneers 10 1/2-point favorites to beat the 1-4 Seahawks at Tampa Bay.

The 4-time defending NFC West champion Seahawks won't have starting quarterback Matt Hasselbeck for the second straight week. That's because a bulging disk in his back is causing problems with his knee.

If backup Seneca Wallace can practice this week after missing last week with a calf injury, he will start. If not, No. 3 quarterback Charlie Frye will make his second consecutive start.

The Seahawks lost 27-17 to Green Bay last week at Qwest Field.
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
[url]http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=9178018&amp;nav=menu4 84_4_1[/url]<!-- (529)

AP
apcategory: s
apstatecode: wab
dukey: WA Seahawks Odds
apkeyword: WA Seahawks Odds
hedline: Seahawks are made 10 1/2point underdogs
Unique Key: Seahawks are made 10 1/2point underdogs
Doc ID: D93QH9P00
-->

foobar75

Master
PhillyBirds said:
Attention: Seneca Wallace threw for an eye-popping 73 yards in relief of Matt Hasselbeck on Sunday.

That is all.

It's tough here in Seattle. As if all the WR injuries weren't enough, Matt goes down two weeks ago. Seneca Wallace stinks, and Charlie Frye isn't that much better, so unless Matt comes back soon, this doomed season will get a lot worse.
smiley19.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Watching the fat Walrus, Mikey Holmgren, struggle in what was supposed to be his "special final season" makes me smile. Think of all the white skill players he jerked around, cut, benched, released, etc.

Think of what guys like RB Travis Jervey could have been during fattie's time with the Packers? Holmgren used him a grand total of ONCE as a feature back (he had a great game, by the way) during an "emergency" (NFL code for: all blacks are injured).

He used to scream, mistreat, and degrade WR Bill Schroeder (as did Butt Favre) harder than any player in league history....which continued when Schroeder was signed by the Lions.

He cut, waived, and released the amazingly talented WR Jerehme Urban more times than any player in the modern NFL.

These are simply the best examples of what this super-caste genious has done....and that doesnt count all the times Holmgren failed to draft the most qualified player coming out of college (normally, a white one).

Feel free to add to the list of horrors. At least we'll be rid of this monster soon enough.Edited by: Thrashen

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I thought Mike Singletary was the new Niner's coach. Is it just a temporary gig for him? I'd rather have someone halfway fairover either of those two.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Singletary is the temporary coach through the end of the season. The rumorsconcerning Holmgren are about 2009.

But expect Singletary to stay on. Almost every time a black coach is hired the team has an initial burst of enthusiasm and plays better. Also, there would be squawking from the usual suspects if he's let go after half a season. Singletary is a Hall of Famer and the media has always portrayed him as a veritable saint, so he's got the job for a while. Like a bad penny, Holmgren may appear somewhere else but it isn't likely to be San Fran.

I can hardly wait to see the old footage again of Singletary's bug eyes while playing linebacker for the Bears.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Heard a couple of talking heads on sports radio say that Mike Singletary is more prepared to be coach than any person in NFL history. I'm not exaggerating.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Heard a couple of talking heads on sports radio say that Mike Singletary is more prepared to be coach than any person in NFL history. I'm not exaggerating.

The black love is everywhere, but that is ridiculous.

I remember when the Memphis Grizzlies were announced as coming to town, one of the local sports radio guys interviewed Bill Walton and asked him what he thought of the move to Memphis. He responded, "this is one of the three greatest events in the history of Western civilization." He was joking of course. I remember the hosts replaying that audio clip for weeks.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

Every time there is an opening for a coach in any sport the talking heads become shills for Negroes. It's reflexive.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Every time there is an opening for a coach in any sport the talking heads become shills for Negroes. It's reflexive."

Yeah really. In a league where complete and utter failures like Herm Edwards are still coaching, anything is possible.

The media puppet-heads blast white coaches each and every chance they get (which makes me happy, because I despise every white coach too).....while guys like Herm Edwards are untouchable because of that beautiful, superhuman skin.

I actually think Mike Singletary was a great player, and deserved the praise he got in the NFL. Zach Thomas is a similar build and plays like alot like Singletary did. I'm not trying to be a "jock-sniffer," just being truthful.

As far as being a head coach, who knows? Wouldnt we all rather Singletary than obviously racist wimps like Mike Nolan? Jack Del Rio? Nick Saban? Denny Green? Bill Cowher? I would.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday the Seahawks got a fluke 90 yard TD on a pass to perpetually injured/perpetual screwupKoren Robinson on the first series of the game, then, under the deft leadership of Field Marshall Seneca Wallace, punted their next 11 possessions.

Charlie Frye has struggled too, but he hasn't played much and at least has the potential to be a decent pro quarterback. Wallace is a short wide receiver who is playing quarterback even after a very erratic career throwing the ball at Iowa State.

foobar75

Master
Don Wassall said:
Yesterday the Seahawks got a fluke 90 yard TD on a pass to perpetually injured/perpetual screwup Koren Robinson on the first series of the game, then, under the deft leadership of Field Marshall Seneca Wallace, punted their next 11 possessions. 

Charlie Frye has struggled too, but he hasn't played much and at least has the potential to be a decent pro quarterback.  Wallace is a short wide receiver who is playing quarterback even after a very erratic career throwing the ball at Iowa State. 

Indeed it was. In fact, I was at the game, and after that play, no one in the stadium imagined that would be it for the Hawks, but Wallace stunk it up big time. There was plenty of blame to go around, lots of poor communication on both sides, false starts, big plays allowed on defense, it was bad. To be fair, with Hasselbeck, Kerney, and Tatupu out, the Hawks are a pretty bad team.

Their secondary got schooled by Celek and Curtis time and again, so for me, that was actually the highlight of the game.