2008 NFL Combine

johnnyboy

Guru
hey guys is there any place i can go to get official numbers and times from the combine. it seems like there are a few different times for Mcfadden. some sites say 4.27 others 4.33. i just wanted to see for sure. btw, how great was it to see Bowman and manningham run well below their "top ten pick" times. i got a huge laugh from that. although it just goes to show, if youre black and have a bad combine, caste whores will still make excuses for you. i wonder if coaches will take a chance on blythe now. he's one of my fav. players and he has so much potential. im hoping he gets a shot.

cheers

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Get ready for the Josh Johnson black savoir QB talk for this draft gentlemen.

Gi-15

Mentor
johnnyboy said:
hey guys is there any place i can go to get official numbers and times from the combine. it seems like there are a few different times for Mcfadden. some sites say 4.27 others 4.33. i just wanted to see for sure. btw, how great was it to see Bowman and manningham run well below their "top ten pick" times. i got a huge laugh from that. although it just goes to show, if youre black and have a bad combine, caste whores will still make excuses for you. i wonder if coaches will take a chance on blythe now. he's one of my fav. players and he has so much potential. im hoping he gets a shot.

cheers

http://fflivewire.com/players/playerscombine.asp this is pretty much the best place to get all the combine infos

voice

Guru
Leonardfan said:
Get ready for the Josh Johnson black savoir QB talk for this draft gentlemen.

Yes..that is hilarious. No one mentions that San Diego is in 1-AA NON SCHOLARSHIP level which is equivalent of DIII. Hint Hint ,,not like Flacco at Delaware State

BTW..Did anyone see the wobblers he was throwing down the field..It was embarrassing but fricking hilarious..He won't be drafted ..And FA is even tough as the Jags have brothers and Ozzie at the Ravens has to prop up Smith as his third stringer..

LMAO

Gi-15

Mentor
once agains, how about those guys at DD.com? first 3 notes of their combines note part seven : Hester, Hillis, Schmitt. Always using subtility to say that they should carry the ball.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Zbikowski and Campbell both with 24 reps on the 225 lb bench...tied for first
smiley32.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Both tied for second my mistake. Zbikowski has the exact mentality and attitude white athletes need. The DD.COM story of him and a d-coordinator getting into it and just his display at the bench press shows what more young white athletes need to be like in my opinion.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I must admit I'm slightly disheartened byHester and Hillis'performances yesterday. I honestly thoughtboth were a little faster than that. However, with some of the impressive times I've seen from other skill position whites, things don't look so bad. The thing that galls me so is the fact that the media will use ANY excuse to deny white RBs their chance, and those 40 times, to me, didn't help. I agree with Riddlewire in blaming Houston Nutt for slowing Peyton Hillis up. I figured Owen Schmitt would be about where he ran, so no disappointment there. I just hope these men all get a legit chance in the NFL, to run the ball!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

forty-four

Guru
I'm afraid the "not fastest enough" label will stick now. We know if these guys were given the ball in the NFL that they'd produce. Other slower guys certainly have. Butthe deck is stacked against them already.Brian Leonard put up better times and look at him!4.6's & 4.7's will solidify the prejudice against them.iespeciallythought Hester would come in with a better time. Any chance these guys will run again at a "pro day" or something?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
forty-four said:
Any chance these guys will run again at a "pro day" or something?

Won't make a difference, a white guy is labelled with his slowest time, a black guy is labelled with his fastest time.

voice

Guru
Holy S%^&

I just saw this on Sporting News

They have Zbikowski at 14th and DOMINIQUE BARBER at 10th. I can hardly believe my eyes!! The reason I chose Barber is he plays for the goofers and is one of the worst Pieces of S%$# I have ever seen.

Listen to SN on Zbikowski weakness
Weaknesses: Is too much of a straight-line athlete. Is tight in hip movement, and does not change directions quickly. Struggles to reach downfield passes along the sidelines. Struggles to stay with wide receivers man-to-man. Takes bad angles to the ball at times, and lacks the agility to adjust and make the tackle. Is not a fundamentally sound tackler. Misses too many tackles, stopping feet and launching himself.

Is this a joke trying to get us to go on a mad rampage? This guys is one of the most electrifying punt returners I think I have ever seen.

I am speechless..this is a joke

[url]http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2008/players/6912. html[/url]

voice

Guru
Jesus H..

I'm back. They have Hester as 5th best FULLBACK!! I can't believe my eyes. The all SEC tailback is the 5th rated FULLBACK.

Here is weaknesses(again for a FULLBACK)
Weaknesses: Is a stiff and limited athlete. Struggles to bend his knees and block with good leverage; defenders usually get underneath his block to stand him up at the point of attack. Bends at the waist too often, usually missing his block when he does. As a ballcarrier, lacks explosiveness and speed to make big plays.

BTW..they have him at a 4.9 40 yard dash. Probably no more than how fast they think he is..
smiley7.gif

[url]http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2008/players/7713. html[/url]Edited by: voice

TSN is notorious for having bizzare draft ratings. Of all the major publications, I put the least amount of credibility in their work. A lot of times they just insert a guy into the rankings near the bottom when its obvious that they overlooked him in their original assessment, instead of finding the proper place to fit him in.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Good 4.52 for Tommy Z."

Sweet, now that Tom's speed and strength are no longer an issue, I wonder what they'll find next? Should be entertaining...
smiley11.gif

PS - whoever gets Jamie Silva will be getting a really great football player with a great nose for the ball and great tackling ability. He'll most likely go undrafted, then get jerked around for a couple years and then cut...isnt the NFL great?

As much as I hate to say it, you can't play Safety in the NFL and run a 4.82. Not every great White college player is going to be able to take his game to the NFL. Besides Ernest Wilford, who is he going to be able to cover if need be? I suppose he could try to be an "in-the box" run supporting SS who is asked to cover TE's and guys out of the backfield, but I think even that is a stretch. I hope he gets a shot and I hope he makes it, but if I were a GM that time would take him off my board.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow, disappointing time for Silva. I was very suprised at that. Jordy ran pretty good and Todd Blythe had a decent time for his size.Blythe will probably go undrafted however.

white is right

Hall of Famer
reclaimsocal said:
As much as I hate to say it, you can't play Safety in the NFL and run a 4.82. Not every great White college player is going to be able to take his game to the NFL. Besides Ernest Wilford, who is he going to be able to cover if need be? I suppose he could try to be an "in-the box" run supporting SS who is asked to cover TE's and guys out of the backfield, but I think even that is a stretch. I hope he gets a shot and I hope he makes it, but if I were a GM that time would take him off my board.
Chuck Cecil had this time. But in general you won't make a roster with a time like that unless you take guys heads off. Edited by: white is right

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
reclaimsocal said:
Chuck Cecil had this time. But in general you won't make a roster with a time like that unless you take guys heads off.

Just out of curiosity, anybody know how fast Roy Williams (Cowboys) was coming out of college?

White Shogun said:
white is right said:
reclaimsocal said:
Chuck Cecil had this time. But in general you won't make a roster with a time like that unless you take guys heads off.

Just out of curiosity, anybody know how fast Roy Williams (Cowboys) was coming out of college?

nfldraftscout lists his 40 time as a 4.53

[url]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=SS&a mp;draftyear=2002&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC [/url]

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks, reclaim. I was wondering how slow he was in comparison, because everybody says he can't cover but yet, somehow he is always in the Pro Bowl.
smiley36.gif

No white player would get that opportunity, anyway.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reed Doughty ran a slow 40. There are many slow black safeties in the NFL. Also alot black WRs who can no longer run as fast as they did as rookies and many weren't all that fast then. I'd also bet there's no shortage of starting CBs that can no longer break 4.7.

Is Army's Caleb Campbell white, or very light-skinned? I usually root a bit for the service academy athletes, as they're usually a long shot to make the NFL, but he's within the top ten strong safeties this year. Just can't tell tho.