Zach Wilson

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Zach Wilson is a promising young quarterback for the New York Jets. He was picked second overall in the 2021 NFL draft.

Here's Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner's analysis of Wilson's game. He has a high opinion of him.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
He's in a horrible situation. "Dweeb" Kelly who now writes at Draft Diamonds is already calling him a Bust. Dweeb was fawning over Justin Fields during Draft process, I'm assuming he still believes in Fields astronomical upside.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Just look at Darnold. Struggled with the Jets, got a change of venue, now looking like an excellent franchise QB for the Panthers.

The problem with the Jets is someone has to be their quarterback, and whoever it is will be confined by the team's severe limitations until they as a team, to put it bluntly, stop sucking so much.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
He's in a horrible situation. "Dweeb" Kelly who now writes at Draft Diamonds is already calling him a Bust. Dweeb was fawning over Justin Fields during Draft process, I'm assuming he still believes in Fields astronomical upside.

I wonder what that Dweeb has to say about Fields performance yesterday...probably a laundry list of excuses.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Fields still receives wildly favorable media hype despite his poor play and they'll still be salivating if/when Trey Lance starts and will be very patient hoping both become stars, but for some reason it's a different story when it comes to Zach Wilson. From Weenieworld:

The Athletic's Connor Hughes said the Jets offense has "looked better" this season without Zach Wilson. Hughes is objectively correct. The Jets have averaged 1.35 points per drive with Wilson under center and 2.19 points per drive with anyone else at the helm. Joe Flacco, for one, is a far superior option to Wilson, whose dismal play crushes fantasy value for everyone in the Jets offense. Hughes pointed out that Jets coaches said Wilson would be rejuvenated after a lengthy absence with a knee injury; he's been as bad or worse since returning to the lineup. Only Davis Mills has a worse Pro Football Focus passing grade than Wilson through Week 15. Hughes said Wilson's play over the season's final three games will prove crucial in luring free agents to the Jets this offseason. More disastrous play from Wilson could make the team a no-go for 2022 free agents.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Here's a thought. Don't worry about Free Agents and actually have a good Draft for once. NFL GMs could have a field day if they checked our yearly UDFA thread.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Members of the liberal media are already trying to portray Wilson as a bust. They do this with every white player who doesn't produce right away.

It's ludicrous to proclaim a quarterback a bust after his rookie season. It's too soon to judge them.

Drew Brees had a quarterback rating of 67.5 his third year. He obviously wasn't a bust but the liberal media would have called him one.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Members of the liberal media are already trying to portray Wilson as a bust. They do this with every white player who doesn't produce right away.

It's ludicrous to proclaim a quarterback a bust after his rookie season. It's too soon to judge them.

Drew Brees had a quarterback rating of 67.5 his third year. He obviously wasn't a bust but the liberal media would have called him one.

It's so true. Look what they did to Trubisky after just 2 seasons. The kid can play but the Bears are horrible. It's the same thing with Jones on the Giants and Wilson
on the Jets. Patience is what will get you places in life. Hopefully all of these guys will get more time. At least Trubisky is in a good position to backup a playoff or maybe
superbowl caliber team now with the Bills. I just hate the fact that in a fair world he should still be starting.

I like the new avatar Extra Point. It looks great!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Zach Wilson had successful knee surgery and he should have a full recovery. The question is will he ever be a starter again now that they
have Joe Flacco? Time will tell but I like both of these guys. Would like to see Wilson get another chance as he has alot of talent and due
to his age. I love to see the haters & critics have to eat crow.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Zach Wilson has become the latest White QB media target. The media along with the Browns organization did a hit job on Mayfield and moved onto Zach Wilson. Wilson wasn't great last year by any stretch of the imagination however he like many young QBs was forced into the starting role, built up by fans and media only to be torn down by them. He seems to have really taken a big step maturity wise and is embracing the oppourtunity to work with Rodgers in the hopes it makes him a better QB down the road. Still rooting for him!

icsept

Master
To be fair, Zach Wilson has done absolutely nothing to justify his high draft pick. Hopefully he figures it out, because he has raw talent.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Zach Wilson has done absolutely nothing to justify his high draft pick. Hopefully he figures it out, because he has raw talent.

I totally agree. He has not lived up to his draft status. It's just hard not to notice the media build him up just to tear him down especially when you compare him to Trey Lance who was picked one spot behind him and the 49ers gave up a ton of draft capital to move up to get him. The racial double standard is obvious. Most stories about Lance have a positive spin while pretty much every Wilson story is negative to neutral. Are we honestly seeing the same criticism of the plethora of black busts in the NFL (or NBA for that matter)? We aren't. They just get thrown down the memory hole and most fans forget them as they openly accept the cycle of the next black hype. Fans are just being conditioned to attack White athletes and White QBs are the most obvious target now.

Snow Plow

Guru
I totally agree. He has not lived up to his draft status. It's just hard not to notice the media build him up just to tear him down especially when you compare him to Trey Lance who was picked one spot behind him and the 49ers gave up a ton of draft capital to move up to get him. The racial double standard is obvious. Most stories about Lance have a positive spin while pretty much every Wilson story is negative to neutral. Are we honestly seeing the same criticism of the plethora of black busts in the NFL (or NBA for that matter)? We aren't. They just get thrown down the memory hole and most fans forget them as they openly accept the cycle of the next black hype. Fans are just being conditioned to attack White athletes and White QBs are the most obvious target now.
I hate saying this because I enjoy having a fantasy dynasty team, but fantasy has been terrible for white QBs. QBs mostly get 4 points for a passing TD and 1 point for 25 yards passing. They get 6 points for a rushing TD and 1 point for every 10 yards rushing. This severely overrated the running QBs like Lance. I really think that is a big reason for some of the bias in the media other than just overall white hate.

As for Wilson, my opinion is he is just way too young and immature at this point. He looked like a 15 year old when he was drafted. Of all the QBs, he was one who needed 3 years on the bench to learn and physically mature. I would guess he will benefit from having Rodgers as he can keep him confident that being a backup for a couple years isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are just being conditioned to attack White athletes and White QBs are the most obvious target now.
White QBs are a more obvious and timely target these days, but the conditioning and hatred of White athletes (and Whites in general) has been going on for a long time. This site has documented it very well since its beginning days in 2004, and I've mentioned numerous times how in Pittsburgh it goes back over a half century. Two great examples were when Richie Hebner, a .300 hitting third baseman, was the only White starter on the Pirates for a period in the 1970s when the Buccos were a pioneering super-black team, and guess who was the only player booed by the fans?

The hatred of Pittsburgh DWFs for White QBs also goes back to the 1970s, starting with Terry Bradshaw and then accelerating from there in the '80s with rabid hatred of Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone, and continuing to when Tommy Maddox started at times during The Great Seven Year Kordell Stewart Experiment.

Pittsburgh is hardly unique, as various posters relay stories of how pititful the DWFs are where they live. Programmed White self-loathing and lack of pride is the main reason this country is effortlessly being overrun and destroyed, and the scene for that was set in motion a long time ago beginning in the government schools and reinforced by Hollywood and the three monopoly TV networks that had no competition until the internet came along and was free in its early days.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
White QBs are a more obvious and timely target these days, but the conditioning and hatred of White athletes (and Whites in general) has been going on for a long time. This site has documented it very well since its beginning days in 2004, and I've mentioned numerous times how in Pittsburgh it goes back over a half century. Two great examples were when Richie Hebner, a .300 hitting third baseman, was the only White starter on the Pirates for a period in the 1970s when the Buccos were a pioneering super-black team, and guess who was the only player booed by the fans?

The hatred of Pittsburgh DWFs for White QBs also goes back to the 1970s, starting with Terry Bradshaw and then accelerating from there in the '80s with rabid hatred of Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone, and continuing to when Tommy Maddox started at times during The Great Seven Year Kordell Stewart Experiment.

Pittsburgh is hardly unique, as various posters relay stories of how pititful the DWFs are where they live. Programmed White self-loathing and lack of pride is the main reason this country is effortlessly being overrun and destroyed, and the scene for that was set in motion a long time ago beginning in the government schools and reinforced by Hollywood and the three monopoly TV networks that had no competition until the internet came along and was free in its early days.
I agree. However just look at the recruiting sites, the football camps starting at the high school level. White QBs are being phased out so it’s much more than just the media bias and dwf hatred. It’s actually embedded in recruiting now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is there's no evidence that Zach Wilson didn't want to reclaim the starting job for the Jets. No QB who's rational would do that. I could be wrong but it seems like yet more fake news denigrating of Wilson's character by the usual suspects.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson will start in Week 14 against the Texans.
Tim Boyle got two starts over Wilson before being absurdly cut earlier this week. Trevor Siemian took Boyle’s place in the lineup during the fourth quarter of the Jets’ Week 13 loss to the Falcons. He didn’t fare any better than Boyle, so Saleh is now going back to Wilson as his team’s season circles the drain. Wilson was reportedly reluctant to retake the starting gig after being benched, but it’s hard for him to justify turning down a starting job at this point in his career. Per usual, the Jets’ offense will struggle to put up points, crippling the output of Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson versus Houston.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-wilson-landing-spots-rams-chiefs-nfl-2024/

Sounds like Zach Wilson will be traded. Wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Rams to be honest. It's amazing that Fields is being clamored as some sort of prize in a trade sweepstakes while Wilson (the more talented QB with a better Win/Loss record playing for a worse organization) is being viewed as a player that will only fetch a late round pick.

Wilson seemed much more composed and mature in the awful situation last season with the Jets. I think the Rams/Broncos - two teams with offensive minded head coaches would certainly be good destinations.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/zach-wilson-landing-spots-rams-chiefs-nfl-2024/

Sounds like Zach Wilson will be traded. Wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Rams to be honest. It's amazing that Fields is being clamored as some sort of prize in a trade sweepstakes while Wilson (the more talented QB with a better Win/Loss record playing for a worse organization) is being viewed as a player that will only fetch a late round pick.

Wilson seemed much more composed and mature in the awful situation last season with the Jets. I think the Rams/Broncos - two teams with offensive minded head coaches would certainly be good destinations.
Any change of scenery would be good for Wilson. A smart coach would take him back to his college fundamentals and let him progress from there. The few games I saw him play last season were not good. It was obvious that his confidence was shot, his progressions were bad, and his will to improvise was either forbidden or lost to him. I hope that he is able to get what he had back. The same could be said for Mac Jones in New England.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Any change of scenery would be good for Wilson. A smart coach would take him back to his college fundamentals and let him progress from there. The few games I saw him play last season were not good. It was obvious that his confidence was shot, his progressions were bad, and his will to improvise was either forbidden or lost to him. I hope that he is able to get what he had back. The same could be said for Mac Jones in New England.
I don’t disagree. However Wilson’s issues were more a reflection of coaching ineptitude than anything this past year. Wilson’s first two years in the league and his attitude were certainly a detriment but this past year the Jets did nothing to cater to his strengths, build up his confidence, open up the playbook and benched him for a 3rd string QB. If anything Wilson put on a fine display of how to act when facing adversity this past season so hopefully he lands in a better situation along with Mac Jones. Young White QBs certainly seem to be getting short end of the stick when they come into the league.

Wilson has a better record than the supposedly sought after Justin Fields - nice little example of the caste system at the qb position .

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Leaving the Jets has rarely been a downgrade. Glad for him. It’s a horrible organization. Always has been.

I used to follow them when I watched football regularly but fortunately I no longer have to!