WR- Trey Quinn "2014"

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thanks for these continual updates TwentyTwo. I can't wait to see Quinn tear up the coal defenses of the SEC in years to come.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed Freethinker! And Thanks for the reply!

Took a chance starting a topic on a HS player after just his freshman year....but what he did as a Freshman in Top 5A Competition...knew he would be special...Trey is an elite athlete! Internet chat boards have been lighting up about him...and some interesting responses from many saying WHY he is not a 5 Star Recruit.... simply because he is white!

Well Trey Quinn Broke the All Time National Receiving Record for Career Yardage! In the 1st Round of a Playoff win...Trey had 9 receptions for 216 yards....he had a 67 yd TD grab on the first play of the game...

Not sure of exact number but he has about 6,395 Career Receiving Yards as of now....

Check out the video....
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/hcmPPx...ational-record-for-career-receiving-yards.htm

Deus Vult

Mentor
Not sure Quinn will have a good QB at LSU to throw to him? Poor Abram Booty got stuck with running QB Herb Tyler.

TwentyTwo

Master
The remarkable four-year career of Barbe wide receiver and LSU commitment Trey Quinn came to a close at home Friday with a Class 5A state quarterfinal 27-17 loss to top-ranked Acadiana.

For the game Quinn had 5 catches for 109 yards & 2 TD's... giving him 108 catches for 1,967 yards and 23 TDs for the season. He also had 17 carries for 219 yards and 4 TDs + 1 TD on a 92 yd Kick Off Return

Overall, Quinn concluded his career with 357 catches (3rd nationally) for 6,566 yards (1st nationally) for 70 TDs (4th nationally).....+ 16 rushing TD's & KO Ret =87!

Best of luck to Trey on a bright future!

bama4life

Quinn, should have an immediate impact

Quinn is an outstanding player, I hope that the Tigers get him the ball early and often, I love the way this kid plays.

bama4life

Anthony Jennings

Hopefully Philip Rivers little brother takes over as QB next year for LSU.

The only concern that I have for Quinn and his career at LSU is that Jennings is a dual threat guy, potentially 3 years left, and Cam Cameron may not throw it like they did with Mett, we shall see

The only concern that I have for Quinn and his career at LSU is that Jennings is a dual threat guy, potentially 3 years left, and Cam Cameron may not throw it like they did with Mett, we shall see
I just watched a ton of Trey Quinn highlights. This kid will be an NFL draft pick at some point. Probably not the first round but he will be in the NFL 4 years from now. I hope.

TwentyTwo

Master
Don can you please move to the NFL section? Thanks

Hard to believe this thread was started back in 2011'! Early in his HS career knew Trey Quinn would excel at the next level if given the opportunity. It's come Full-circle now....playing with "Chip-on-the-Shoulders" feeling disrespected ; Will become Mr. Relevant in the NFL;) Many still can't figure out why he was Drafted so low...

Check it out at Mini Camp
https://twitter.com/DCzWall/status/997254770032349184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/18/redskins-mr-irrelevant-trey-quinn-says-ill-prove-that-im-relevant/&tfw_creator=Cards_Wire&tfw_site=theredskinswire

Redskins' Mr. Irrelevant Trey Quinn says 'I’ll prove that I’m relevant'

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2...t-trey-quinn-says-ill-prove-that-im-relevant/

One of the Washington Redskins’ rookies making the most noise is Mr. Irrelevant, Trey Quinn.

Quinn was the last pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, an oddity in itself considering he led the nation with an average of 8.8 catches per game last year with SMU.

But Quinn is making noise both because of the way he’s playing in Redskins rookie minicamp and because of the way he talks in front of the microphone.

His latest is fighting back against the newfound nickname, as he told ESPN.com’s John Keim.

“I love it,” Quinn said. “Call me Mr. Irrelevant all you want. I’ll prove that I’m relevant. If I’m going to talk, I better back it up and that’s why I’m out here working. I’m capable of being a playmaker in this league.”

Quinn has spent his time working from the slot during camp and he’s wowed onlookers. He’s twice put defensive backs on the ground with his moves and the ones captured on camera are just as impressive:

“I was pissed off at it at first,” Quinn said. “Now I love it. I want a reason to prove people wrong. Any title you want to give me like that, I’m open for it. It’s exciting to prove people wrong. If you’re going to label me like that, go ahead. I’ll get a tattoo of it one day.”

While there isn’t a surefire path to immediate playing time for Quinn, it’s clear he’s as advertised when it comes to sleek route running and sure hands.

For now, it seems hard to figure out why Quinn drafted as late as he was. But he’s embracing it and Redskins fans can expect the show to go on throughout the summer.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
For now, it seems hard to figure out why Quinn drafted as late as he was.
It really isn’t that hard to figure out at all. Only in a society that uses lies as a fundamental principle can a question so stupid and dishonest be presented with a straight face.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I just watched a ton of Trey Quinn highlights. This kid will be an NFL draft pick at some point. Probably not the first round but he will be in the NFL 4 years from now.

Twinkle Toes nailed it with his right on the money prediction!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It really isn’t that hard to figure out at all. Only in a society that uses lies as a fundamental principle can a question so stupid and dishonest be presented with a straight face.

The Soviet Union was built on a series of lies, but most Russians knew they were being fed ********. Unfortunately, American Whites have been diabolically indoctrinated to be happily ignorant, or their anger misdirected at the wrong targets, while at the same time maintaining a child-like faith in the government and the "system," even though most of them get screwed by it endlessly and always will be as they are rapidly replaced by non-Whites. That's why it's hard to have any realistic hope that this country will be turned around from within. External events forcing the Hollow Empire to make fundamental changes is a far more realistic possibility, though still one without a high chance of probability.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
More good news:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden continued to praise WR Trey Quinn to end Washington's final OTA session.

"I’ve been very impressed with Trey," Gruden said. "He’s learning from Jamison [Crowder], which is good, but he can also line up in different spots, so Trey is a guy that we’re going to rely on to be able to play multiple spots." The final pick of this year’s draft, Quinn led the NCAA with 114 receptions in 2017. The initial excitement building for Quinn is a bit ahead of true rookie season expectations as he’ll still be playing behind Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson and Paul Richardson to begin 2018, but Quinn has made more than a positive impression in his first team activity. He should be a lock for the 53-man roster in a competition with Brian Quick, Maurice Harris and Robert Davis for the remaining wide receiver spots. Crowder is in the final year of his rookie contract, making Quinn a stash in dynasty formats.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Both played WR for SMU last year. Guess which one was drafted in the second round and which one became "Mr. Irrelevant"?

Name Target Share
Receptions Yards TDs
Courtland Sutton 27.9% 68 1,085 12
Trey Quinn 33.5% 114 1,236 13

link

Even for a white guy that was ridiculously low. What were the knocks on him heading into the draft ?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Expectations high for Redskins wide receiver Trey Quinn in 2019

by Billy Embody

Former SMU wide receiver Trey Quinn enters his second season in the NFL after being drafted by the Washington Redskins with the last pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, earning him the Mr. Irrelevant title. After an ankle injury limited him to just three games in 2018, the Redskins are ready for him to take the next step forward.

Quinn finished with nine receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown, and also returned four punts for 52 yards.WithJamison Crowdergone, head coachJay Grudenis excited to give him achance to be their new starting slot receiver. Quinn really turned heads in Week's 11 and 12, when he recorded four receptions for 49 yards against the Houston Texans, and five receptions for 26 yards and a touchdown five days later on Thanksgiving against the Dallas Cowboys.

"We have great expectations for him and the entire receiving group, really. Trey’s done an excellent job, you know," Gruden said last week. "He’s come in here and stepped to the head of the class as far as his position’s concerned and done a great job. He understands raw concepts, he’s physical, he’s got strong hands, he can separate and he can block. He’s also a punt returner for us, so he’s a valuable member of our time right now.

Quinn was held out of practice this past week due to a tweaked hamstring, but Gruden reported that he expects him to be fine and they need him to be at a critical position.

"We just have to make sure we keep him healthy and continue to monitor him on a daily basis," Gruden explained. "But, that slot position is critical for us. You know, what WR [Jamison] Crowder (NY Jets) did for us the last few years, and obviously TE Jordan Reed on the inside. Those inside players are critical to our offense."

The former Barbe High (La.) standout also will have a shot at catching punts, something he did early on in the season before he ultimately was shut down for the season due to injury.

"Well, he catches it, that’s one," Gruden laughed. "We’ve had trouble with that, so if you can catch it you’re probably our punt returner. So, right now Trey is the only one who could catch it. But, he’s also got no fear. You’ve got to be able to be tough back there because guys are coming at you at all angles. He’s got enough quickness to separate. He’s got no fear. He makes quick, sound decisions and he can catch it."

While Quinn appreciates the praise from his head coach, he's not taking anything for granted.

"I did enough last year I guess to get that comment [from Gruden], but I haven't done anything this year," Quinn toldRedskins.com. "As far as I know, I've played two-and-a-half games, and that's not enough to be a starting slot receiver. So I'm going to take this offseason pretty seriously."

https://247sports.com/college/smu/A...eman-Branson-Hickman-commits-to-SMU-132739675

TwentyTwo

Master
Twinkle Toes nailed it with his right on the money prediction!
This is the reason i started this thread after just his Freshman season in HS! You knew Trey was a special Athlete! (Throwing no hitter College Little League WS at 12) Breaking All Time HS Record in Receiving Yardage ....A legit Shot in the NFL even at that early age....way before Twinkle Toes said it in college.
It's been a roller coaster ride career; sometimes bumpy ; but still ascending! Aren't we all molded in our adversity?

As a true Freshman in a Run dominant offense Quinn was LSU's 2nd Leading Reciever. Not an easy accomplishment in the SEC. Also he was the first white WR Signed by LSU in like 13 or 14 years....
Despite being 2nd leading reciever Fr. season..his two crucial 4th qtr. drops vs. Bama landed him in doghouse. He discovered eye issue; had LASIK EYE SURGERY; corrected it .... He was still
an afterthought his Soph. season ...BUT caught ALL 6 passes thrown to him; ZERO DROPS (including incredible sliding backward catch vs. Ark) ...A Slap in the face...

Seeing writing on the wall ...he transferred to SMU where he caught 114 passes! RIGHT MOVE! He could have also chose Clemson out of HS where he could easily become the next Humphries/Renfrow.

As "TIME has PROVEN" ......Being upset his demotion at the LSU WR Position was JUSTIFIED!
WHICH WR on those teams have caught a TD pass in the NFL????.....""""NONE""""
5 star - Malachi Dupre....CUT from Texans
Travin Dural....Longshot to make Saints
5 star - Tyron Johnson...transferred to OK.St./ Undrafted
John Diarse..transferred to TCU ; Not on an NFL Roster

Trey Quinn...in just 4 NFL Games = TD Thanksgiving Afternoon vs. Cowboys!

Hoping for long healthy career!

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
This is the reason i started this thread after just his Freshman season in HS! You knew Trey was a special Athlete! (Throwing no hitter College Little League WS at 12) Breaking All Time HS Record in Receiving Yardage ....A legit Shot in the NFL even at that early age....way before Twinkle Toes said it in college.
It's been a roller coaster ride career; sometimes bumpy ; but still ascending! Aren't we all molded in our adversity?

As a true Freshman in a Run dominant offense Quinn was LSU's 2nd Leading Reciever. Not an easy accomplishment in the SEC. Also he was the first white WR Signed by LSU in like 13 or 14 years....
Despite being 2nd leading reciever Fr. season..his two crucial 4th qtr. drops vs. Bama landed him in doghouse. He discovered eye issue; had LASIK EYE SURGERY; corrected it .... He was still
an afterthought his Soph. season ...BUT caught ALL 6 passes thrown to him; ZERO DROPS (including incredible sliding backward catch vs. Ark) ...A Slap in the face...

Seeing writing on the wall ...he transferred to SMU where he caught 114 passes! RIGHT MOVE! He could have also chose Clemson out of HS where he could easily become the next Humphries/Renfrow.

As "TIME has PROVEN" ......Being upset his demotion at the LSU WR Position was JUSTIFIED!
WHICH WR on those teams have caught a TD pass in the NFL????.....""""NONE""""
5 star - Malachi Dupre....CUT from Texans
Travin Dural....Longshot to make Saints
5 star - Tyron Johnson...transferred to OK.St./ Undrafted
John Diarse..transferred to TCU ; Not on an NFL Roster

Trey Quinn...in just 4 NFL Games = TD Thanksgiving Afternoon vs. Cowboys!

Hoping for long healthy career!

I liked the old like button here because you could just nod in approval without making a big fuss. I tend to think people who are overtly praised too often get big heads.

But I don't think that is the case here.

This site might be an off shore pirate type of media outlet but we have our share of talented people here who know a thing or two about sports.

In my estimation long time member TwentyTwo is among the best college football analysts/commentators in the entire country. See above if you need added proof from a long history of informative posts.

Just because CF isn't named the New York Times or Sports Illustrated or what have you doesn't mean this site is irrelevant. Far from it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another very good article on Trey:

Second-year WR Trey Quinn has taken over the slot role in Washington

by Daniel Rymer

USATSI_11785474_168386533_lowres.jpg

Every year, an NFL team makes someone’s dreams come true by drafting them with the last pick in the NFL draft, even if that person earns the infamous “Mr. Irrelevant” nickname from then on. One year ago, that person was Trey Quinn, who played receiver at SMU and got drafted by the Washington Redskins. He went on to have an uneventful, injury-riddled first year as a pro, as he logged only 107 snaps and was targeted only 10 times. However, recent reports suggest that Quinn may have won the slot role in Washington’s offense during this offseason, and if our grades are any indication, he could be an excellent slot receiver in Jay Gruden’s offense.

Trey Quinn had a monster final season in college at SMU, as he earned a receiving grade of 89.8, ranking third in the nation back in 2017. In total, he was targeted 154 times that season and had 114 receptions for 1,236 yards and 13 touchdowns. Quinn also showed he can play both outside and inside, as he logged 590 snaps at outside wide receiver and 219 snaps in the slot in 2017.

QUIN-1024x578.png

Despite lining up mainly at outside receiver in college, Quinn was actually most deadly as a slot receiver. In fact, he gained an average of 4.36 yards per route run from the slot in 2017, which ranked first out of 217 qualifying receivers that year. He also caught 75% of his slot targets, 25th, and he caught seven touchdowns as a slot receiver which tied for 12th. His work when lined up inside in college is a good sign for his potential in the pros, especially when you consider the fact that he’s listed at six feet, 200 pounds — a perfect fit for the slot in today’s NFL.

When lining up in the slot, there’s virtually no route that is off-limits. A slot receiver must be comfortable running routes that break inside and outside, as well as routes that go deep downfield or back to the quarterback. In Quinn’s case, he did all of those things pretty well in college. His most-targeted route in 2017 was the hitch route. On 35 targets on hitch routes, Quinn had 26 receptions for 281 yards, 117 of which came after the catch.

Trey-Quinn.gif

Not including screen passes, Quinn’s second-most targeted route in 2017 was the out route, and he caught 15-of-20 such targets for 209 yards and 101 yards after the catch. Finally, showcasing his ability to go downfield in addition to running short routes, Quinn’s third-most targeted route in 2017 was the go route, and he caught 9-of-19 such targets for 200 yards and four touchdowns.

Considering that he led all college receivers in slot yards per route run in 2017 and had plenty of yards after the catch, Quinn has proven that he can create separation as well as anybody. In addition to that, he has also proven that he has sure hands, which is especially important for a slot receiver because running over the middle and taking hits from linebackers and safeties isn’t easy when you’re trying to catch a football at the same time. Quinn, however, made that look easy, as he had the surest hands in the country during his final year at SMU. His drop grade (93.3) ranked first out of 448 qualifying wide receivers, meaning he was better than any other receiver at securing the catch. After all, he did have only two drops on 116 catchable targets in 2017.

Quinn is a versatile receiver who can run all types of routes, and the Redskins will be wise to not only use him as their slot receiver but to actually target him and give him a chance to show why he was our third-highest graded receiver in the 2017 college season. The Washington Redskins are a franchise with a rich history, and in their quest to once again be relevant, a guy once dubbed as Mr. Irrelevant may just help them get there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...nn-has-taken-over-the-slot-role-in-washington