Women in combat and gays in Inaugural address

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen, I don't know what your beef is with Mayor Koch other than he was a Jew. The only ones I've got a beef with are zionists, who I don't think of as Jews. Koch said he was for Israel, but he put himself on the line and wore the uniform of a United States infantry soldier during WWII. With me, I don't look much further than that type of thing when I measure a man. That's enough for me.

As for the city. When he took over, he had to clean up the financial mess left by the two bums, Lindsay and Beame before him. The city was broke and he brought it out of its bankruptcy. He got rid of cops and firemen and all sorts of other bums on the payroll sitting there picking their noses all day. He did what he had to do and took no sh*t from any quarter. We lived in the city all our lives until circumstances brought us to NJ. Can either of you call yourselves NYers along the lines of my wife and me?

Let's not have a big go-round about this. I loved the man and you didn't - done.

Tom Iron...

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just curious amoung the CFers here. Are all Jews and blacks to be shunned / cursed. I know we have given credit some black athelets in the past. A couple of football players (not talking Tiki Barber.LOL) and some boxers (Joe Frazier).

I realize Jews and Negros are firsters amounst themselves and We are the same with our kind here at CF. Wish most Whites were like us. I am just requesting if all Jews of any sort are persona non gratas here?

And before any member thinks it. I am not jewish in any possible way. If the Mods and Don could give some guidence it would be much appreciated. What ever they suggest should be the guide lines in treating these groups that are a pain the ass for the most part. However, I believe some individual members of those groups are up standing and deserved when warranted to be given exception by us.

Just a thought.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The city would have become Filthadelphia if he didn't do the budget cuts. Of course when you cut police service then areas like the South Bronx becomes running joke for shock jocks like Howard Stern...:biggrin:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Just curious amoung the CFers here. Are all Jews and blacks to be shunned / cursed...

No, of course not. There are good blacks and good Jews who are a lot whiter on the inside where it counts than are most white people.

Highlander

Mentor
As far as women on the front lines of combat goes, in a sane, natural society (which ours is not), I would absolutely be against it. However, now that it's a "Woman's World" or "A Woman's Nation" as the Huffpost likes to remind their readers, women have the most to lose, so I say let them defend it.

In a country that forces its taxpayers (even religious organizations) to pay for or otherwise provide for free birth control, STD testing, and other female-only health programs under "0bamacare". In a country that enacts laws to enforce "gender equality" in sports via Title IX and probably soon with STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) programs. In a country that enforces AA for women in the workplace and in a country where family courts are completely biased in favor of females to the point of throwing men in prison when they can't possibly pay the combined alimony and child support because the monetary judgement exceeds what the man earns, I don't see why any rational man, at this point in our country's history, would want to defend the status quo except to try and make some kind of living and to put food on the table.

And sadly, because of all of the above (and much more), this is sometimes the only option left for men in this country...to defend their own dispossession in exchange for basic survival.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The city would have become Filthadelphia if he didn't do the budget cuts. Of course when you cut police service then areas like the South Bronx becomes running joke for shock jocks like Howard Stern...:biggrin:

Yeah. some joke. I spent almost every day working in the underbelly of Koch's NYC, like the south Bronx - and much worse, like Brownsville-Bed Stuy in Brooklyn, and all the worst slums in and around the five boroughs except for Staten Island. By the way, ALL those neighborhoods were tranquil and pretty and fine places to live and raise a family - prior to integration.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world...merican-zionists-of-our-time.premium-1.501010

Ed Koch: One of the most important and influential American Zionists of our time

Hit by a rock on the head in Jerusalem during the first intifada, Ed Koch, the icon of New York, never wavered in his support for Israel...