White Mexican Saul Alvarez signs with Golden Boy

Westside

Hall of Famer
Canelo just signed the richest sports contract in history. Good for him. He is a great fighter. But in no shape or form did he win those fights with GGG. Golden Boy and De Lay Hoya have surpassed Arum and King in corruption and making money. Hopefully, a 3rd fight will happen and justice is given to GGG.

Westside

Hall of Famer
11 fights for 365 million dollars. Wow!

white is right

Hall of Famer
11 fights for 365 million dollars. Wow!
With that contract PEDnelo will tell any boxing commission how high to jump if he fights in their jurisdiction. Essentially paper champion Fielding would need to knockdown PEDnelo every round and the blind corrupt judges would score it a majority draw....

PS in more serious side note big stars in boxing have always gotten the benefit of the doubt in close fights. Ali probably lost to Norton in their third bout and was out boxed by Jimmy Ellis in their fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I truly hope GGG is given another chance. But odds are against him winning with him aging. What a heist GB Promotions were able to complete with a clear loses to GGG. Man, Boxing is so corrupt.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Canelo is a good fighter with the hype and money behind him to ensure he wins even when he loses, just as he lost against GGG twice but got a gift draw and a gift win. I wish boxing would be where they fight until one quits or gets KTFO.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Canelo is a good fighter with the hype and money behind him to ensure he wins even when he loses, just as he lost against GGG twice but got a gift draw and a gift win. I wish boxing would be where they fight until one quits or gets KTFO.
Now, I will want Canelo to lose against any White fighter. It's so mad that GBP is able to get away with this.

Last edited:

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
This is just the latest crooked chapter in boxing. I suppose it always has been this way but the fix in the Canelo-GGG fight was blatent and obvious. I really just don't have much interest in boxing these days. I have been enjoying mma much more although you get the crooked decisions in that too, but it doesn't seem quite as blatent.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I wish boxing would be where they fight until one quits or gets KTFO.

They can start by getting rid of those sissy gloves & fight bare knuckle like the did in the good old days...& still do in the UK. ;)

booth

Mentor
With that contract PEDnelo will tell any boxing commission how high to jump if he fights in their jurisdiction. Essentially paper champion Fielding would need to knockdown PEDnelo every round and the blind corrupt judges would score it a majority draw....

PS in more serious side note big stars in boxing have always gotten the benefit of the doubt in close fights. Ali probably lost to Norton in their third bout and was out boxed by Jimmy Ellis in their fight.
I agree with you White is Right. He also would have been ko by Henry Cooper if not for Angelo Dundee cutting his gloves in between rds 4&5 delaying the fight for at least ten minutes so Clay could recover. Clay benefited greatly by his management and mouth.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well Ryan Garcia, the metrosexual/dandy clone of Oscar Dela Hoya just ko'd a DR mulatto spoiler type. It's off to Chelsea to celebrate with the boys for Ryan.... Still to come PEDnelo vs Rocky "punching bag" Fielding. If Fielding was a boxer type he could spring an upset but he is brawler type who doesn't probably have the power to keep PEDnelo honest when they exchange punches on the inside.

Last edited:

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Fielding offered nothing against Alvarez and they knew he wouldn't. Alvarez is a great boxer, but he's an obvious doper. He's on a gravy train right now and you can be sure that Gay la hoya will be hand picking opponents for him. I suspect he will get a lot of fights with guys who look good on paper but don't possess a ton of skill.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fielding offered nothing against Alvarez and they knew he wouldn't. Alvarez is a great boxer, but he's an obvious doper. He's on a gravy train right now and you can be sure that Gay la hoya will be hand picking opponents for him. I suspect he will get a lot of fights with guys who look good on paper but don't possess a ton of skill.
If he has a guaranteed 350 million dollar contract, which breaks down to nearly 32 million a fight, there isn't an incentive to fight tougher opponents without a PPV option.

Even if GGG signs with DAZN the bar is at the PEDnelo contract and below so both fighters would make less than the rematch and the first bout. Why fight a third bout for the punishment both fighters took when you can fight a paper contender like a Fielding or somebody marginally better.

I have a feeling PEDnelo may drop a few belts to avoid a Charlo, Saunders or any boxer type. He may choose Lemieux in the spring if Lemieux and his camp feel he can make 160 without health issues like he had this weekend.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Canelo is a very good fighter. Relaxed, knows how to land a punch, good head movement. But still, no way he won those two fights with GGG. Right now, Canelo and Golden Boy Showers, are banking that father time will take a toll on GGG, and he will be ripe for the pickings come next September. I hope that GGG will spoil their plans. Not sure if Canelo is on PEDS but he was relaxed in his fight with Fielding.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
If he has a guaranteed 350 million dollar contract, which breaks down to nearly 32 million a fight, there isn't an incentive to fight tougher opponents without a PPV option.

Even if GGG signs with DAZN the bar is at the PEDnelo contract and below so both fighters would make less than the rematch and the first bout. Why fight a third bout for the punishment both fighters took when you can fight a paper contender like a Fielding or somebody marginally better.

I have a feeling PEDnelo may drop a few belts to avoid a Charlo, Saunders or any boxer type. He may choose Lemieux in the spring if Lemieux and his camp feel he can make 160 without health issues like he had this weekend.
I didn't hear anything about this. I always thought Lemieux was a pretty natural middleweight. Did he have to cancel a fight this weekend or something??

white is right

Hall of Famer
I didn't hear anything about this. I always thought Lemieux was a pretty natural middleweight. Did he have to cancel a fight this weekend or something??
Yes, Lemieux was probably in the early stages of organ failure and was rushed to the hospital to get fluids in his system. Shedding water to make weight is very dangerous and if I was a national commissioner I would ban it as fighters have died doing this.

Lemieux may never be the same fighter after this incident.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I can't believe nobody updated this thread on the Saturday fight.

PEDnelo won a fairly tight but obvious decision, he won too many of the early rounds for Jacobs to have any argument of being a victim of a typical Las Vegas house fighter division. Jacobs while being the heavier man was too intimidated by the power and hand speed of PEDnelo to try and engage him in the early rounds and this cost him the fight.

PEDnelo will return in September but as of today no obvious opponent is earmarked for the September date, Andrade is rumoured to be the front runner......

Odysseus

I can't believe nobody updated this thread on the Saturday fight.

PEDnelo won a fairly tight but obvious decision, he won too many of the early rounds for Jacobs to have any argument of being a victim of a typical Las Vegas house fighter division. Jacobs while being the heavier man was too intimidated by the power and hand speed of PEDnelo to try and engage him in the early rounds and this cost him the fight.

PEDnelo will return in September but as of today no obvious opponent is earmarked for the September date, Andrade is rumoured to be the front runner......

You have to give him credit for becoming a master of the sport. His head movement and defense was superb Saturday night. I gave Jacobs three rounds maximum. I find funny that all the Negro boxing channels on YouTube that rooted hard for him against GGG are now giving him the "white boy" treatment. It always goes like this. They will supposedly "root" for "non-white" guys ala Canelo but once he fights a Negro they show their true colors and how they really feel. I won't lie. I wasn't a fan of Canelo until recently but post GGG2 fight I think he deserves my support. He represents Mexico, fine! When I see him fight against a Negro or brown guy though, I see a genetically white brother kicking ass! Just my own view!

limitless

Mentor
I rooted for Triple G even though he is half Asian (Korean mother, Russian father) over Canelo.

I rooted for Canelo over Jacobs as I see Canelo as being a good portion white (he has red hair and white skin for God sakes).

It really is a matter of degrees in some cases.