White Boxers Keep Winning Titles!

G

Sometimes they say they just found out they're Jewish, like Madelyn Albright and John Kerry and Hillary the dragon lady. The Chimp's great great grandpappy, Prescott Bush, was listed in an old US Army booklet entitled "Famous Jews In History". That's funny.

What's that "wakeupfromyourslumber" link?

ww

Charlie

Guru
When I first read that, Steinbrenner not being Jewish, I had strong doubts. But what you said made sense, he was treated roughly by the media which normally praises such 'innovators'.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
So now another title has been won by a white boxer, Lucian Bute. The divisions from middleweight to heavyweight are now dominated by white boxers.
smiley1.gif

Hockaday

Guru
A while back I saw some strange (or typical?) behaviour from Atlas. A white heavyweight from the midwest was thoroughly outboxing a black fighter, and all Atlas harped on during the fight was how a less talented figher was beating a more talented fighter. His point was that the black fighter was giving the fight away despite his superiority, but I could see the white fighter clearly had superior skills. That fact seemed to conflict with Attlas's world view.

Then, at some point during the broadcast that white fighter from Australia with the Greek name, Katsidis or something, joined the broadcast for a chat. Usually when fighters do that, Atlas gets all giddy and animated, but this time he just half turned his back on the guy and made a pouty face while the other announcer talked with Katsidis. When Atlas finally did acknowledge him, it was to berate him for not paying enough attention to defense. This Atlas is one disturbed dude.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Hockaday said:
A while back I saw some strange (or typical?) behaviour from Atlas. A white heavyweight from the midwest was thoroughly outboxing a black fighter, and all Atlas harped on during the fight was how a less talented figher was beating a more talented fighter. His point was that the black fighter was giving the fight away despite his superiority, but I could see the white fighter clearly had superior skills. That fact seemed to conflict with Attlas's world view.

Then, at some point during the broadcast that white fighter from Australia with the Greek name, Katsidis or something, joined the broadcast for a chat. Usually when fighters do that, Atlas gets all giddy and animated, but this time he just half turned his back on the guy and made a pouty face while the other announcer talked with Katsidis. When Atlas finally did acknowledge him, it was to berate him for not paying enough attention to defense. This Atlas is one disturbed dude.

He loves black fighters and hates whites. He dislikes Hispanics too: last week, during the Tackie vs. Gomez broadcast on ESPN, Atlas became very excited as he was obviously rooting for the black boxer, Tackie. He was describing the fight as if Tackie was winning, but he actually lost by a wide decision to Gomez.

G

This Atlas is one disturbed dude.

That's an understatement. Ever hear about the time he procured a handgun and went hunting for Donny Lalonde with the intention of killing him?

What a collection - King, Kellerman, Lampley, Atlas...

ww

JD074

Master
JD1986 said:
He loves black fighters and hates whites. He dislikes Hispanics too: last week, during the Tackie vs. Gomez broadcast on ESPN, Atlas became very excited as he was obviously rooting for the black boxer, Tackie. He was describing the fight as if Tackie was winning, but he actually lost by a wide decision to Gomez.

That was sooooo annoying! He has such a one track mind. Once he gets on something, he can't talk about anything else. He must've talked about Tackie's "pressure" for a good six or seven rounds.

Seahawker71

JD1986 said:
So now another title has been won by a white boxer,
Lucian Bute. The divisions from middleweight to heavyweight are now
dominated by white boxers.
smiley1.gif

Save for Cruiserweight. Mormec is fighting David Haye next and after that I
don't know who's going to step up.

Iron

Guru
only 1 champion at cruiser,but that's surely the next division to fall.Marco Huck is a great young prospect who's in line for a title shot against Cunningham,Huck wins that conviningly imo.Alexander Alexeev is probably one of the best talents in boxing,i've never seen him as a pro but from what i saw of him as an amateur in the 2004 Olympics is very impressive.Moves exceptionally quick for a big man and is a good stylist to boot,similar to Ibragimov.His box rec profile makes good reading 11 k.o's in 12 fights.I can imagine him stepping up to heavy eventually,he's certainly got the speed and power.Enzo Mac is the best Cruiser in the world at the moment and one of the hardest punchers p4p.If Haye,a fighter i really don't like [if you think Mayweather's cocky take a look at David Haye's myspace page,lives in my neck of the woods and from what i've seen the guys a complete a-hole]beats Mormeck,then a British domestic unification betwwen Haye and Mac ,two murderous punchers would be on the cards.Its not impossible to forsee all the belts at cruiser this time next year in the hands of whites.

Angelcynn

Guru
Watch out for David Haye he is a MONSTER! I actually quite like him, he's a nice guy, just a bit cocky at times. Enzo Maccarinelli would've beaten Cunningham if Cunningham had actually had the balls to accept Macca's offer for a fight for the undercard fight of Calzaghe/Kessler. Cunninghams replacement Ezra Sellers has now had to pull out because he has only fought once in 3 years. I'm not too sure who Macca will go for now, probably a pointless opponent.

If Macca and Haye were to fight I wouldn't like to call it. Haye's stronger than Macca but Macca has more skill. They are of different builds aswell, with Macca being tall and medium built whereas Haye's built like a brick wall but is shorter. I reckon Maccas got better arm reach which could be pivitol if it went to the score cards.

Seahawker71

Thanks fellas I'll check out these promising fighters. The Cruiserweight div
hasn't really been all that interesting in years. I look forward to new talent.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Cunningham is fighting Pole Tomasz Adamek in January. Adamek should take this one. If so, there will only be two black champs left above 160.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Cunningham is a junk journeyman, he is typical of the previous level of champions when the division was called the snoozerweights. Since the gap from cruiser to heavy has gotten too large for most cruisers the division has gotten deeper, which is better for the sport.