White Boxers in 2008

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes, I have tickets already. The fight is in Newark NJ, only 10 miles from my house. I had to take advantage of the opportunity.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Yes, I have tickets already. The fight is in Newark NJ, only 10 miles from my house. I had to take advantage of the opportunity.

Hey thats great, hope you have a good time at the fights watching Adamek win!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Sean

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:

War Adamek!
smiley20.gif

Sean

Mentor
Just saw on fightnews that Enzos new opponent Alvarez failed the blood pressure portion of the physical, and can't fight. This fight appears to be in serious jeopardy.

Two other articles over there between Hide and Macs camps disputing why Hide won't take the fight. He may still get it. It's tommorrow, so they'd better hurry up!

Sean

Mentor
Just announced on fightnews that Enzo will be making his Heavyweight debut on the card, fighting Matthew Ellis (who was supposed to fight black Englishman Derick Chisora). He's not moving up to Heavyweight, but rather just wants to fight. Here's the article quote:

Maccarinelli to fight heavyweight!
Enzo Maccarinelli will make his heavyweight debut when he takes on Matthew Ellis over ten rounds at heavyweight on Saturday night at the ExCeL London. "I'm really pissed off with everything that has happened so when I get in that ring I'm going to be an angry man throwing bombs," said Maccarinelli, who has seen, for one reason or another, Johnathon Banks, Herbie Hide and now Alvarez ruled out of the fight. These things happen in boxing, it's been a bad year but I can end it on a high by smashing up a good heavyweight and then look forward to fighting for the WBO world cruiserweight title next year." The rest of card at the ExCeL will still go ahead as planned, with two mouth-watering fights lined up. Lightweight Amir Khan will aim to return with a win when he tackles Oisin ****an, while Martin Rogan and Audley Harrison meet at heavyweight. Derek Chisora, who was supposed to be meeting Ellis in an eight rounder, will still box on the card.
Friday, December 5 2008

Sean

Mentor
For anyone who hadn't heard, Audley Harrison was defeated by 37 year old former taxi driver Martin Rogan of Ireland! It was a close decision.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately Enzo didn't pick up a belt today. Oh well we now have 16 out of 20 belts from middleweight up. And this Thursday Adamek vs Cunningham is coming up.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The title fights of 2008 are over...

- white boxers are the Ring Champions at 140, 160, 175, and 200 (for all the other weight divisions from 140 up, the Ring title is vacant).
- they have 17 of the 20 world titles from middleweight to heavyweight, with one still vacant.

smiley32.gif

In December, Carl Froch, Tomasz Adamek, Wladimir Klitschko and Nicolay Valuev scored wins over black opponents in world title fights! We added two more world titles with Adamek's and Froch's wins, and Klitschko and Valuev had successful title defenses.

smiley4.gif

I can't remember white boxers having a more successful year than 2008!

JD1986 said:
The title fights of 2008 are over...

- white boxers are the Ring Champions at 140, 160, 175, and 200 (for all the other weight divisions from 140 up, the Ring title is vacant).

- they have 17 of the 20 world titles from middleweight to heavyweight, with one still vacant.

smiley32.gif

In December, Carl Froch, Tomasz Adamek, Wladimir Klitschko and Nicolay Valuev scored wins over black opponents in world title fights! We added two more world titles with Adamek's and Froch's wins, and Klitschko and Valuev had successful title defenses.

smiley4.gif

I can't remember white boxers having a more successful year than 2008!

It is indeed a Landmark Year for White Boxers!
smiley32.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all!
smiley36.gif