What type of job/career do you have?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what type of job/career field all of you are in. I am not really happy doing what I am doing now and am just curious as to what you guys do for ideas.

Menelik

Mentor
Retired military, former law enforcement now teaching high school.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Preparing to teach at the university level.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Interesting Post. I am a retired combat Marine. Active Law Enforcement who arrests all colors of the rainbow who commit crimes! No exceptions.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Former military,used to work in oil and gas industry in Texas. I now do maintenance at a nursing home in Ohio and other odd jobs.

C Darwin

Mentor
Former INS Inspector. Currently teaching high school chemistry, in the inner city.
smiley44.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I plan on going into something involving marketing or possibly a PE teacher.

StarWars

Mentor
I'm a janitor in college and feel smarter than all the kids here. Sometimes there's an equation on the blackboard half written and I already know the answer to it...true story.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
I'm a janitor in college and feel smarter than all the kids here. Sometimes there's an equation on the blackboard half written and I already know the answer to it...true story.

smiley36.gif
awesome!

i'm a former sports writer. among other things, i was a house flipper until the economy tanked. now, i'm in the process of getting my teaching license.

StarWars

Mentor
Lol. It's a joke from Step Brothers about the movie Good Will Hunting. Jimmy Chitwood probably got it but just in case you didn't I was joking. I'm in highschool and take AP English/ US History. If that counts. Like all of you, probably because we have similar personalities, I want to be a teacher or a state trooper.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
HAHAH

SteveB

Mentor
Own a sales and marketing agency that caters to the outdoor recreation industry (ie. fishing and hunting).

dwid

Hall of Famer
thats crazy that a fair amount of us are teaching or working on becoming a teacher

Im working on becoming a History teacher and hopefully work as some type of football coach at whatever school i am working at in the future, which was advised to me by the Dean, a former football coach.

He was talking about how most kids think you have to major in p.e. to coach sports in high school but you can teach other stuff and it will actually be harder to find a job as a p.e. teacher rather than something like History or Math, so I guess better job security and History is interesting and very important.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
excellent points, dwid.

Menelik

Mentor
dwid said:
thats crazy that a fair amount of us are teaching or working on becoming a teacher

Im working on becoming a History teacher and hopefully work as some type of football coach at whatever school i am working at in the future, which was advised to me by the Dean, a former football coach.

He was talking about how most kids think you have to major in p.e. to coach sports in high school but you can teach other stuff and it will actually be harder to find a job as a p.e. teacher rather than something like History or Math, so I guess better job security and History is interesting and very important.

Not only that but you can usually receive a stipend for helping out with after school events. Be careful about rushing into teaching though. I work in a rural, predominately black, title 1 school. Title 1 means low income. Depending on the "type" of students you have classroom management is going to take up a LOT of your time. Having said that I'm glad I picked the field that I did. The pay is good, the working hours are excellent, and where else can you earn a living talking about history?
smiley47.gif

whiteCB

Master
Graduated from a liberal arts college and now I'm a Construction worker. lol go figureEdited by: whiteCB

chris371

Mentor
Economics Major, University of Cologne, Germany. Occasional poster at CF, but a daily visitor.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool deal Thrashen! I used to have my own watermelon farm.