UFC on Fox (5): BenHen vs. Nate Diaz

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
FYI fellers, here's the card for Saturday's UFC on Fox (#5) from Seattle.

Main Card (Fox)
Weight ClassMethodRoundTimeNotes
Lightweight Benson Henderson (c)vs. Nate Diaz[SUP]Note 1[/SUP]
Light Heavyweight Maurício Ruavs. Alexander Gustafsson
Welterweight B.J. Pennvs. Rory MacDonald
Welterweight Mike Swickvs. Matt Brown
Preliminary Card (FX)
Lightweight Yves Edwards
vs.Jeremy Stephens
BantamweightRaphael Assunção
vs. Mike Easton
LightweightRamsey Nijem
vs.Joe Proctor
LightweightDaron Cruickshank
vs.Henry Martinez
Featherweight Dennis Siver
vs.Nam Phan
Lightweight Tim Means
vs. Abel Trujillo
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
BantamweightScott Jorgensen
vs.John Albert

http://www.ufc.com/event/FOX5#/fight

***The ol' Dixieland outlaw will be pullin' for Gustafsson, MacDonald, Stephens, Assuncao, Proctor, Siver, Cruickshank & Albert.

cxc

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this is a stacked card even though it is free. It is better than most of the recent PPVs.

I am pulling for the same guys, Dixie. I will throw in Diaz as well. He is probably 85% European and I am still steamed that Edgar got screwed twice by the judges against Ben Henderson.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this is a stacked card even though it is free. It is better than most of the recent PPVs.

I am pulling for the same guys, Dixie. I will throw in Diaz as well. He is probably 85% European and I am still steamed that Edgar got screwed twice by the judges against Ben Henderson.

Ditto, and think he will. Nate has better BJJ with the reach advantage. I don't care for the Diaz brothers' (groidesque) trash talk & posturing, but they're solid fighters.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Rory and Gus should win there fights. I also think Diaz will defeat Bendo like Edgar did. Hopefully he won't be screwed by the judges like Edgar was.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Cruickshank ans Silver crushed their opponents. Cruickshank will probably recieve ko of the night for his second round koof Martinez, ans Silver destoryed Phan for 3 rounds.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Rory looked very good against Penn. I think he carried BJ for a bit so as not to shame him with a KO.

Old Scratch

Mentor
I cackled like a wicked witch watching Rory toy with BJ Penn. I'm also pleased with the Gustafsson win, although Shogun is also one of my favorites I had to root for the Mauler.

Diaz and Henderson are fighting for a paper belt because everyone with an ounce of objectivity knows that Frankie Edgar is the true LW champion. Having said that I hope Diaz punishes that mutt for five full rounds leaving his face looking like a bloody hamburger patty. Absolutely cannot stand Benson Henderson.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Horrible fight. If he defends the belt again they'll be calling him a "dominant champion" even though most people including most of the websites scoring the fight had Edgar winning the rematch.

Frankie Edgar is so good. He realistically could be fighting at 135, yet was champion and arguably should still be champion at 155 beating the much bigger Benson Henderson. Benson was bigger than Nate Diaz who is a 155/170 tweener himself. Yet people are still counting Edgar out, with Aldo being the heavy favorite in their fight. 145 is fingertip deep and Aldo isn't small, yet he's in the P4P discussion and Frankie pretty much wasn't.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't mind seeing Cerrone or Maynard stepping up against Henderson.

Lauzon would not fare well against Benson and Edgar already beat him twice but was screwed by racist judges.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Good wins by Siver, Gustaf, Brown & Rory.

Nate has struggled with wrestlers (Guida) before, so I wasn't shocked to see him lose.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The racially-ignorant, all-white rabble that congregated in Seattle for “UFC on Fox 5†was shrieking high-decibel cheers of support for the rotund, has-been Hawaiian (who talks like a street Negro), BJ Penn. Of course, they didn’t mind mercilessly-booing the Canadian-Irish white man (Rory McDonald) fighting against their plump, non-white hero. It was the racial equivalent of rooting for the Team Jew-S-A Olympic basketball team to defeat Lithuania. Thankfully, the in-bred, white-loathing throngs were sadly disappointed, as McDonald shattered Penn for a great win…

158013855.jpg

The fight between the Shogun Rua and Alex Gustafsson was hotly-contested, but the better white man eventually displayed his prowess. Both fighters have granite jaws, with Gustafsson absorbing endless bombs and Rua taking punches, elbows, and vicious knees without so much as blinking…

628x471.jpg

As I’ve said before, Gustafsson is perhaps the only LHW fighter who can match Jon Jones’ style of fighting. In the next year, I’d love to see Alex raise the belt above his head while Jones lies face-down, unconscious, in a lake of his own blood.

Old Scratch

Mentor
they didn’t mind mercilessly-booing the Canadian-Irish white man (Rory McDonald) fighting against their plump, non-white hero.

I think he is of Scottish heritage, his surname is Mac rather than Mc. I used to think he had the same last name as Michael McDonald.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I'm shocked they gave Ko of the night to Edwards and not the Cruickshank. Also fight of the night went to Jorgensen and Albert instead of Shogun and Gus, which I think is also a bad decision.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'm shocked they gave Ko of the night to Edwards and not the Cruickshank. Also fight of the night went to Jorgensen and Albert instead of Shogun and Gus, which I think is also a bad decision.

Not just bad decisions, but (seemingly) pro-caste ones. >:-(