UFC Fight Night 27

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Cerrone looking like s&^t. Dos Anjos isn't really elite level so Cerrone must be getting worse.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Cerrone is the anti-Court McGee. He doesn't charge in after he throws a shot, this allows his opponent a chance to reset himself.

Old Scratch

Mentor
He's like the LW Matt Brown. I see Matt Brown similarly dropping fights when he starts getting contenders. They both smash anyone outside of the top 10, maybe a few in the top 10, but basically serve as gatekeepers.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I 'm hoping Kampman can keep Condit on the ground. Condit's TDD has been suspect in the past.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Matt Brown is improving - Cerrone is getting worse. Moreover, Brown is tough mentally while Cerrone can be broken.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
He's like the LW Matt Brown. I see Matt Brown similarly dropping fights when he starts getting contenders. They both smash anyone outside of the top 10, maybe a few in the top 10, but basically serve as gatekeepers.
Matt Brown is by far the most improved MMA fighter, and it has a lot to do with two things. one He has the best coach in Matt Hume working with him, and he is reaching him prime. The honest to god truth is white tend to peek at a latter age the blacks.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Rogan just claimed Kampman has no weaknesses. Not true. He gets caught early and fights to his opponents strengths. He grappled with Jake Shields and tried to strike with Daley and Sanchez. He makes fights hard.

That being said, he may well get a victory here. Could go either way just like their first fight.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Matt Brown is improving - Cerrone is getting worse. Moreover, Brown is tough mentally while Cerrone can be broken.

Good points, but on the other hand he is looking like a world beater against fighters outside of the top 10, unless Pyle hit the top 10. Stephen Thompson was actually lighting him up on the feet, and he was in deep trouble against Jordan Mein, but like you said he's very tough mentally, and just gritty. Not sure that would serve him that well against GSP, Condit, Ellenberger, MacDonald etc.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
170 is just tough - and stacked with wrestlers which I think is Brown's weak point.

I'd give him a shot at either guy here though (Condit or Kampman are not overwhelming wrestlers).

Old Scratch

Mentor
The Hendricks - Condit fight should have been 5 rounds too but I guess co-mains can't be 5 rounds.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Actually, Kampman is a little like Cerrone. Decent all around but can be broken. He essentially just gave up in the fourth.

Condit just a better fighter and deserved the win.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Kampman might have been better over keeping Condit up against the cage, and kneeing him in the body. Those takedowns attemps wore down Kampman.