UFC Fight Night 27

Liverlips

Hall of Famer

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Bowling-Trujillo is a ND as Trujillo threw an illegal knee.

Bowling just not the same at 155 as he was at 170. He walks around at 200 so that cut just saps him.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nice win by tough wrassler Cummings. His only losses were to Kennedy and Mutapcic at 185 and Jimmo at 205.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Elkins got a nice win.
Brandon Thatch is suppose to be really talented, his mom is white and I think his father is Indian, so I don't consider him white. He also has a black stepfather.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Thatch is very talented but Edwards is not too good. A lot of poor white fighters on this card like Head, Bowling (sucks at 155), Bubba McDaniels and Edwards.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Pappy Abedi is now 1-3 in the UFC. He should be 0-4 as he got a gift SD over an equally inept Arab.

Of course, he won't get cut but that is fine with me. I LOVE watching an Abedi fight. He comes into the cage dancing the unga-bunga as the whites cheer, smile and give him a standing ovation. He proceeds to tap or get knocked out but always has that certain upside, room brightening smile and - of course - proper pigmentation to get another chance at UFC glory.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I hope Erik Perez loses, they given him nothing, but cans his whole career. He fought a guy named Ken Stone, who was a part-time fighter and didn't even want to do MMA. American Top Team pressured him into doing MMA.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
They are trying to make UFC big in Mexico and while there are a lot of Mexican-Americans, Perez is the only Mexican born fighter in the UFC.

I tend to cheer for the Japs when they are fighting non-whites. They usually lose and probably will here too.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Why the f%$k was Hioki v. Elkins not on the main card? You had two top 10 guys at 145 (granted bottom top 10 but still legit contenders).

Yet they show Bubba McDaniel v. Tavares and Perez v. Mitsugaki on the main card?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I like Court McGee and hope he smashes Whitaker. But damn he looks like a Taliban member with that beard.

Old Scratch

Mentor
I'm rooting for Pettis against Henderson this Saturday. If Henderson wins he will have on paper 4 title defenses. He definitely lost to Edgar, and most people agree that he lost to Melendez too but that doesn't matter they can keep harping his title defenses without delving into the meat of the issue that being he won split decisions via incompetent/corrupt judging.

I wonder how much the UFC charged for these tickets when the main event wouldn't even make co-main on any PPV. The last Indy card was even more terrible.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Ben Henderson has gone to a decision in all of his UFC fights so far. Blacks don't lose close decisons in the UFC (at least not to non-blacks). Good news is that Pettis could very well KO Henderson. If he can stop the takedowns Pettis should be able to knock Henderson out.

Henderson will likely (if he is smart) watch what Guida did to Pettis and try to duplicate that.

Old Scratch

Mentor
I had McGee winning every round too but the first two were close enough that I thought for sure they would give them to Whittaker. I was surprised to see two judges score the fight for McGee, when it came down to a split decision I thought for sure he lost.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hahaha .. glad they didn't screw Court but the one judge giving it 30-27 to Whitaker????

Why do I know he was a black judge? Maybe Adelaide Byrd is in the house?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Forgot they had Gastellum v. Melancon on the main card. Don't much care but I see Melancon winning, I never like weight cuts after winning your biggest fight (like Colton Smith).