UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

Old Scratch

Mentor
I think Frankie won that round but not enough to get the nod against a non-White, non-Asian fighter.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Frankie definitely won that round, should be 2-2 but judges probably have it all 4 Aldo.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Should be 3-2 Frankie, but I'd bet a lot at least one scorecard will read 49-46 Aldo, lol.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Please tell me how Aldo won the last two rounds, yet he had 2 judges score it 49-46.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Frankie got screwed again.

Too bad he didn't have a little more power for the KOs.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i'm glad that the obvious steroid user overeem got beat :lol:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I missed the whole card. I had to work Saturday night (catch-up stuff). Good wins for Maia, Dunham & Vallie-Flagg. As for Frankie, he needs a good victory to halt this 3 fight loss-streak...irregardless of whether he was ripped off or not.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Late responding to this thread, but haven't been here in a while. I've become much more knowledgeable about MMA and I noticed something relevant here.

Edger is my favorite fighter and I watched him get screwed in the 2nd fight against Henderson. Henderson barely beat Edger to take the belt in the 1st fight IMO. In the 2nd fight Edger has Henderson on the ground for about 3 mins. In a dominant position (if no rules applied and eye gouging etc. was allowed in a real life or death fight, you could take a guy out on the ground) you should be rewarded heavily for this.

One of the judges who voted for Henderson admitted that he actually thought Edger had a slight edge in the fight, but "didn't do enough to take the belt back" (can you say judicial misconduct). Well, how did Henderson get it from Edger in the 1st place then?

You ask how this is relevent now? Edger dropped from 3rd I believe in the pound for pound rankings to 8th after his 1st loss. Now Anderson Silva has had a longer tenure of dominance and was ranked all the way at 1st, but he only drops 2 spots to 3rd in the pound for pound rankings after a white man takes away his belt when Edger drops 5?

Bottom Line: Edger should still be lightweight champ!

In the Aldo fight, Edger showed he equaled Aldo in quickness, agility and strike output, but I thought Aldo wins this fight by a point based on the damage with significant strikes. Do you guys agree?