UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Fellers, here's the card for Saturday's UFC 156 in "Loss Wages"....

Main Card
Weight ClassMethodRoundTimeNotes
FeatherweightJosé Aldo (c)vs.Frankie Edgar[SUP]Note 1[/SUP]
Light HeavyweightRashad Evansvs.Antônio Rogério Nogueira
HeavyweightAlistair Overeemvs.Antonio Silva
WelterweightJon Fitchvs.Demian Maia
FlyweightJoseph Benavidezvs.Ian McCall
Preliminary Card (FX)
LightweightGleison Tibauvs.Evan Dunham
WelterweightTyron Woodleyvs.Jay Hieron
LightweightJacob Volkmannvs.Bobby Green
LightweightYves Edwardsvs.Isaac Vallie-Flagg
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
BantamweightChico Camusvs.Dustin Kimura
BantamweightEdwin Figueroavs.Francisco Rivera

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC156/#/fight

***The Destroyer from Dixieland will be pullin' for Frankie, Lil' Nog, McCall, Dunham, Volkmann and Vallie-Flagg.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Looking forward this one. Frankie was screwed twice against Henderson.

I don't think there has ever been a UFC fighter who dropped weight classes and won a belt (though Penn and Couture went back down to their natural weight classes after winning belts at higher weight classes). Am hoping Frankie can do it though.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Nice win for Vallie-Flag, I don't see Volkman winning against Green though.

Nice win for Vallie-Flag, I don't see Volkman winning against Green though.

Green didn't really do anything that impressive IMO. Volkman just gassed. Never seen Volkman fight before but he definitely needs some striking work. If he had better striking I think he could have held Green off at the end and possibly got the decision.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Volkmann gassed bad but may have won if he could have held on for the last minute of the fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Evan Dunham looked better than I have ever seen him. He should get the UD over Tibau.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I thought Volkman would win but we are still 2-1 for the night. Go Frankie.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I can't believe someone gave one of the last to rounds to Tibau. Dunham won the last two rounds convincingly.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
McCall is a very good fighter but this is the second time he seemed to step off the gas in the last round. Not sure if he thinks he is up and can rest or what.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Why the hell did Maia move away from his grappling for so long? He is easily the best grappler in MMA right now.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Why the hell did Maia move away from his grappling for so long? He is easily the best grappler in MMA right now.

It was after the Marquardt fight and people were saying he had no standup game. It was good for him to shore up his standup IMO, but grappling is his bread and butter and that should be the focus of his gameplan.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Not that surprising. They keep hyping Overoid's K1 Grand Prix victory but the win in and of itself isn't impressive, it depends on the path. Overoid's was the easiest in history. Fought a one armed Saki he was losing to until he noticed Saki was only using one arm then kicked the inactive arm, then fought a battered Aerts who just had a war with Schilt. He beat Badr Hari but he lost the rematch and outweighs him by around 40 lbs, and his kickboxing game is dependent on his size. I don't think he's ever defeated an elite HW MMA striker, has he? He has poor cardio from his steroid fueled muscles, and fades fast with pressure.

Old Scratch

Mentor
KharitonovOvereem1_zpse7fd8ff4.gif

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Not that surprising. They keep hyping Overoid's K1 Grand Prix victory but the win in and of itself isn't impressive, it depends on the path. Overoid's was the easiest in history. Fought a one armed Saki he was losing to until he noticed Saki was only using one arm then kicked the inactive arm, then fought a battered Aerts who just had a war with Schilt. He beat Badr Hari but he lost the rematch and outweighs him by around 40 lbs, and his kickboxing game is dependent on his size. I don't think he's ever defeated an elite HW MMA striker, has he? He has poor cardio from his steroid fueled muscles, and fades fast with pressure.
He actually looked deflated and it was nice to see him being stuck on the ropes and taking a few extra punches. It reminded me of Mercer vs Morrison, couldn't have happened to a nicer cheater...:scared:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Rashad Evans looks slow and weak. It is 1-1 going into the third. Hope Lil Nog (way past his prime) takes this.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Adelaide Byrd is one of the judges - she is a black racist who always screws white fighters.