UFC 149 - Faber vs. Barao

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's Saturday's card from Calgary, Canada...

Main Card (PPV)
Weight ClassRed CornerBlue CornerMethodRoundTimeNotes
Bantamweight Urijah Fabervs Renan Barao[SUP]Note 1[/SUP]
Middleweight Hector Lombardvs Tim Boetsch
Heavyweight Cheick Kongovs Shawn Jordan
Welterweight Brian Ebersolevs James Head
Welterweight Chris Clementsvs Matt Riddle
Preliminary Card (FX)
Middleweight bout Court McGeevs Nick Ring
Bantamweight Roland Delormevs Francisco Rivera
Light HeavyweightRyan Jimmo
vsAnthony Perosh
Bantamweight Bryan Caraway
vs Mitch Gagnon
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
FeatherweightAntonio Carvalho
vs Daniel Pineda
LightweightMitch Clarke
vsAnton Kuivanen

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC149#/fight

***The Destroyer from Dixie will be pullin' for Faber, Boetsch, Jordan (vs. Queen Kongo), Delorme and Carvalho (vs. mestizo Pineda).

Zeus

Guru
Very bad card in quality in my opinion, but I am rooting for our guys too. Not a fan of any of the guys who compete though, but I hope Boetch and Jordan to win.

Anak

Mentor
Yeah, I can't believe they expect people to pay 60 bucks for that.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I disagree. Lots o' caste matches and whites featured in every fight. Decent card - of course, I watch online!

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Clarke gassed. I think Ryan Jimmo will be very impressive. He would have been in the UFC sooner, if not for losing to Gerald Harris at the TUF tryouts a few years ago. Canada has had a bunch of very good fighters, and the whites seem to dominate in all their sports.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Court McGee got screwed over again. I had him winning both the second and third round and so did Joe Rogan and all the judges on sherdog.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"Apparently Nick Ring brought his partner to the fight."

Is he really openly gay? Someone else on CF said that before as well.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Joe Rogan ain't lying. Ebersole lost a considerable amount of muscle mass in just a few weeks. I hear he was getting ready for a cut to 155.

Not sure why - he is 4-0 at 170 in the UFC.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Ebersole is such an exciting fighter he'll be unstopable at 155, if he can make a healthy cut. Mike Swick tried it and looked terrible.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I think one of the problems with Ebersole is that he takes too many fights. He is only 31 and has fought almost 70 fights, He tries to do four fights a year and is willing to take fights on short notice. It's also been reported that he trains too hard and trains in three different countries, Thailand, Australia, and the United States. I think after doing that your body starts to take a toll on you. Keith Jardine was another notorious trainer, and that's probably what ended his career.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Both guys gassed. Kongo is on the downsidee of his career and Jordan could have won this if he got a takedown or two.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Wow the Jordan Kongo fight had to be the boringest fight ever. Both guys should be kicked out of the UFC, all Kongo did was Wall and Stall for the entire fight, and Jordan did nothing.