UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the card for Saturday's UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage from Denver.

Main Card
Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
Preliminary Card (Facebook)

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC135#/fight

***The ol' Destroyer from Dixieland will be pulling for "YOnes" over Rampage (lesser of 2 evils), Hughes (vs. mulatto Koschek), Rothwell (vs. poly Hunt), Riley & Assunção (White Brazilian vs. Filipino Yagin).

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
***The ol' Destroyer from Dixieland will be pulling for "YOnes" over Rampage (lesser of 2 evils), Hughes (vs. mulatto Koschek), Rothwell (vs. poly Hunt), Riley & Assunção (White Brazilian vs. Filipino Yagin).

I’d much rather see Jackson pummel Jones. At 33-years old and with 8 career loses, Rampage is tremendously damaged goods. Jones, of course, is the complete opposite. Rampage defeating Jones (especially via brutal KO) would derail the incredible “pushâ€￾ Jones is (deservedly, I suppose) receiving from the NegroCentric corporate media. To watch the heir apparent to Anderson Silva fall would be a very positive development.

Unfortunately, I think that Jones will win easily.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I feel the same way, Rampage is very beatable and Jones has been unstopable as of late.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good win by Tim Boetsch at 185.

Neither Rob Broughton nor Travis Browne impressed me. Neither seems a legit top 10 guy.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Am viewing Bellator on TV and UFC on the Internet and am enjoying Bellator more!

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I think Rothwell might be done. He has had a slew of health problems, mainly due to not taking care of himself. It is the same thing that ended Bobby Lashley's career earlier this year.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Matt Hughes was winning the round but got KO'd in the last few seconds of the round. Hope he retires as he is done.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Matt Hughes will probably retire after this fight. I don't get how he got a fight of this high caliber, He looked terrible against Penn. I don't think UFC will keep him around after two sloppy fights in a row.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Ugh ... can the night get any worse?

Joe Warren got KTFO in Bellator.

He needs to stop trying to qualify for the Olympics in wrestlling while bouncing around between 135 and 145 in Bellator. Joe needs better standup so he needs to forget about the Olympics for now and defend his 145 belt (which looks pretty stupid right now).

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I knew Warren was going to lose, I actually thought Warren had lost his last two matches. His striking is garbage. Villa Is a way better wrestler too. Unfortunatly Villa is 40 so he doesn't have much of a future.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I don't see Rampage pulling this out. Jones has a big advantage training in the high altitude.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Leg kicks are landing on Jones. Might have exposed a weakness for future opponents.

Rampage just so one-dimensional. I think I could have defended that rear naked better than Rampage.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Next is Rashad vs Jones. Rashad is t****tter wrestler, but Jones is the better striker.

Alpha Male

Mentor
It's irksome watching former greats like Hughes lose to fighters they would have decimated earlier in their careers. Is it me, or has the UFC lost its once great white presence? I haven’t followed it seriously in a couple of years - - not since the days when every single belt was held by a white - - so maybe our fighters just had bad night. If boxing, especially the heavyweight division, was seriously covered, UFC's growing Hispanic and black presence would be mitigated.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, whites are not as dominant as they once were in MMA. But we still do pretty good. Four or 5 of the top 10 p4p are still white and there are just so many great young white fighters that we will always be a major presence. I doubt we will ever hold all the belts again but you never know.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
There are no white Americans in boxing because it has become a sport for thugs and prison inmates.

Deacon

Guru
Rampage was/is just in it for the money.

I can't believe people thought that bum would beat Jon Jones.