Tyson Fury

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
TYSON FURY VACATES RING HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

https://www.ringtv.com/642844-tyson-fury-vacates-ring-heavyweight-championship/

Tyson-Fury-vs-Dillian-Whyte_knockdown1.jpg

white is right

Hall of Famer
Take this with a grain of salt as Fury and Joshua have an agreement in principle for an all British clash for Fury's WBC belt and the mythical lineal title. There are problems with what date will be decided and what venue will be host the fight but the broad strokes are agreed upon.

I don't get this one from the Joshua perspective it almost seems that this is similar to a farmer selling off his horse to the glue factory to get the most money for his asset before the horse further declines.

Usually after a fighter has a series of losses like Joshua a fighter is built back up with gimme wins and then tests himself with a top 10 guy, but this isn't the plan with Johsua's management team. https://fightnews.com/joshua-agrees-to-fury-offer/137422

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Take this with a grain of salt as Fury and Joshua have an agreement in principle for an all British clash for Fury's WBC belt and the mythical lineal title. There are problems with what date will be decided and what venue will be host the fight but the broad strokes are agreed upon.

I don't get this one from the Joshua perspective it almost seems that this is similar to farmer selling off his horse to the glue factory to get the most money for his asset before the horse further declines.

Usually after a fighter has a series of losses like Joshua a fighter is built back up with gimme wins and then tests himself with a top 10 guy, but this isn't the plan with Joshua's management team. https://fightnews.com/joshua-agrees-to-fury-offer/137422
It would be a huge payday for Joshua though, that's why he and Hearn are interested.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It would be a huge payday for Joshua though, that's why he and Hearn are interested.
Yes I agree but it also seems like a cash out as after the most likely loss, Joshua won't be that marketable as true heavyweight threat for whomever emerges as the unified/undisputed champion in the inevitable Fury vs Usyk clash.

Truthman

Guru
I don't see him going very far.

The British Tye Fields.
smiley36.gif

If he fought a guy like Klitschko or Povetkin he would lose within 4 rounds.

I am starting to lose faith in Fury. He may just be another Tye Fields. He won't be able to compete with the top heavyweights.

He's probably a B level heavyweight and will stay that way his entire career. I don't see him every getting on the same level with the Klitschko's, Povetkin, Boystov, Ustinov, Adamek, or any of the other top heavyweights.

He will never be able to even win a round against either Klitschko and I think Pulev beats him as well.

The sad truth is that Fury is just a big oaf who shouldn't be taken seriously. He was flattened by feather-fisted Steve Cunningham, that says a lot about his chin. He'll be knocked out whenever he fights a top heavyweight, that's why he's been avoiding them.

It's funny looking back at how so many people completely wrote off Fury.

I mean, admittedly I also didn't think he was gonna achieve what he's gone on to achieve. But I always knew he was gonna be at least fringe World level. Looked talented from day one at a very young age.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good to see Fury prove people wrong. You can’t blame some of the posters for their comments though. Fury was on his way to eating/drinking himself out of boxing. Before his epic comeback tour that he’s been riding for a while now. Extending his career. I would agree that Fury always had the physical tools/skills. Seemed it was more big a mental game for him.