Tomorrows election in Massachusetts

referendum

Mentor
I don't know how many Massachusetts people we have here but tomorrow is election day, to finish the term won by Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown is hardly my first choice for a Senator, what with his apparent support for our unending wars, but he is against the forced purchase of Health insurance, and says he's against Amnesty. For those two reasons I'm pulling for him to win over cookie cutter liberal Coakley.

StarWars

Mentor
It will be my first vote!
smiley1.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I made a prediction in the 2010 predictions thread about a massive voter revolt and the Dems losing the House and even the Senate in Nov 2010. That prediction begins here in the bluest of blue states, Brown wins.

Bear Backer

Mentor
guest301 said:
I made a prediction in the 2010 predictions thread about a massive voter revolt and the Dems losing the House and even the Senate in Nov 2010. That prediction begins here in the bluest of blue states, Brown wins.

I agree and I hope it turns out to be true. I don't necessarily just like the idea people running to crooked Republican party as a status quo, but maybe it will lead to people demanding more responsibility out of their elected officials. I hope so anyway. We already saw a glimpse of minor voter revolt in heavily liberal New Jersey. I would have never though that republicans had a chance in hell in that state.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping the 2010 election cycle gets both dems and republicans out of office. In this case Brown is the better choice, the lesser of two evils. Im just worried Republicans will use this whole movement to their advantage just to get power. I would rather see a rise of third party candidates take place seats from both the Republicans and Democrats. People with real conservative values, not those who think that being Republican means being conservative.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
The Neocon/RINO "led" GOP is controlled by the same Globalist Elite/PTB who (also) own the DNC. They are 2 sides of the same (NWO controlled) coin.
smiley21.gif

Bronk

Mentor
Frankly, it's a lose-lose proposition (same manure, different pile) but I'd like to see Obama take one to the jaw. The irony of the Dems losing Teddy K's senate seat when health care is ripe for the taking is delicious.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
I'm hoping the 2010 election cycle gets both dems and republicans out of office. In this case Brown is the better choice, the lesser of two evils. Im just worried Republicans will use this whole movement to their advantage just to get power. I would rather see a rise of third party candidates take place seats from both the Republicans and Democrats. People with real conservative values, not those who think that being Republican means being conservative.

Well said. The Republicans have been just as big of traitors as the Democrats. This is something to watch. It could be just another attempt to do the old bait and switch routine by the powers that be, now that people have already just about had it up to the gills with the pimp in chief and the limousine liberals. If the pendulum does swing back the other way towards the GOP, we have to watch them very closely and put their feet to the fire to keep them honest. The only good politician in these times is one who fears their "constitchyants" as the old southern politicians used to pronounce them.Edited by: Bear Backer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
Leonardfan said:

Well said. The Republicans have been just as big of traitors as the Democrats. This is something to watch. It could be just another attempt to do the old bait and switch routine by the powers that be, now that people have already just about had it up to the gills with the pimp in chief and the limousine liberals. If the pendulum does swing back the other way towards the GOP, we have to watch them very closely and put their feet to the fire to keep them honest.

How do you put their feet to the fire when they are the only game in town? It's sickening how the voters lurch from one party to the other at each election cycle. First it's the R's and people are sick of the mess that Bush and his cronies made, so the "agent of change" gets elected, does nothing but make things worse and so people decide to vote back the R's, for what?!! So they can vote for the D's the next time after the R's have screwed up? When do peole get fed up?

That said it will be a happy day for me if the D's lose Kennedy's seat. What a slap in the face to the PTB that would be!!!!

StarWars

Mentor
Well I'm just happy if I don't have to hear Coakley's whiny voice. If Republicans stopped supporting Israel and unnessary wars I'd definitely support them. The method I am taking is vote Republican, but then try and change the Republicans to being more like us. A third party is impossible. We just can't be all fat and happy when a Republican replaces a Democrat in Massachusetts, and demand that Republican values get some fine tuning!

Bear Backer

Mentor
jaxvid said:
Bear Backer said:
Leonardfan said:

Well said. The Republicans have been just as big of traitors as the Democrats. This is something to watch. It could be just another attempt to do the old bait and switch routine by the powers that be, now that people have already just about had it up to the gills with the pimp in chief and the limousine liberals. If the pendulum does swing back the other way towards the GOP, we have to watch them very closely and put their feet to the fire to keep them honest.

How do you put their feet to the fire when they are the only game in town? It's sickening how the voters lurch from one party to the other at each election cycle. First it's the R's and people are sick of the mess that Bush and his cronies made, so the "agent of change" gets elected, does nothing but make things worse and so people decide to vote back the R's, for what?!! So they can vote for the D's the next time after the R's have screwed up? When do peole get fed up?

That said it will be a happy day for me if the D's lose Kennedy's seat. What a slap in the face to the PTB that would be!!!!

That is a good question Jaxvid and to be sure there are no easy answers or we would already have the solution worked out by now. I am no political strategist so I leave that to better minds than I to work out the solution, but I think we definitely have to work towards a viable third party regardless of what Gains the GOP might make. They just aren't trustworthy enough to ensure that they won't betray us, and if fact they have been betraying us for decades. The American Third Position is something that I am eagerly keeping an eye on and looking to as something possible for the future. The Tea Parties are also something in my opinion that have more positives than negatives, even if the Neocons have tried to co-opt them to a certain degree. For the most part they are very organic good for America. Beyond that I guess it is just a matter of pestering the hell out of our elected officials and actively working towards getting them out of office when they betray us. Edited by: Bear Backer

StarWars

Mentor
It's all about term limits. That would help remove foreign and political influences on the Republican party.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Congressmen Weiner and Frank(no pun intended) are both declaring the health care bill dead if Brown wins today. Lets hope Brown win by more than a percentage point or two so ACORN and the corrupt attorney general in MA can't steal the election like Franken did in MN. I think Brown wins this easily and by a wide margin. The weather is bad in MA today and the Brown side is heavily committed, energized and will show up at the polls today.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am also hearing that despite the words of the above congessmen that Obama's attitude is defiant and they are all dropping Coakely under the bus similar to what they did to Deeds when he lost the Virginia Governors race in Novemember. Isn't it great when your enemies are stupid and learn nothing? They might as well have a suicide pact politically speaking if they don't change course because the Nov 2010 elections will be a bloodbath and even people like Frank and Pelosi could be in danger of losing their seats.Edited by: guest301

guest301 said:
I am also hearing that despite the words of the above congessmen that Obama's attitude is defiant and they are all dropping Coakely under the bus similar to what they did to Deeds when he lost the Virginia Governors race in Novemember. Isn't it great when your enemies are stupid and learn nothing? They might as well have a suicide pact politically speaking if they don't change course because the Nov 2010 elections will be a bloodbath and even people like Frank and Pelosi could be in danger of losing their seats.
It would be great to say "Bye" too Frank and pelosi! The two worst congess-Women Around!
smiley5.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Brown wins in Mass. Epic win for the R's, although I have no doubt they will screw it up. Cuts off the filibuster vote down, probably kills most of Obama's agenda. Look for gridlock for a while. Which is fine. Finally Teddy K was able to do something good! Die at the right time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
While Uncle Teddy is sodimized by "Old Scratch" on a daily basis in Hell, the news of his seat going to a republican(hopefully a principled one)has to add to his eternal discomfort. I am loving it.
smiley36.gif
Congrats to "Great Scott!"

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Great job Scott Brown! With 94% of the votes in, Brown is ahead 52% to 47%. The Dems will have a tough time trying to steal this one.

Obama will be in some trouble now. The R's managed to win this year in New Jersey and now Massachusetts, plus Virginia. The Dems will be in a boatload of trouble in the midterms.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Westside

Hall of Famer
For those of you who do not have the time to follow politics due to work, frustration and everyday struggle with life's injustices this win by a Republican (again hopefully a true conservative) is huge. The Haiti earthquake has nothing on what happened today in Mass. Truely astonding.

j41181

Master
Great win for the GOP! Even though their still spineless twits!
smiley32.gif

I hope this is a start for Obama's downfall, one of the most INSIGNIFICANT presidents (like Bush II) in American history!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I always thought that this seat was part of the Kennedy trust....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white is right