Toby Gerhart

backrow

Hall of Famer
remember what i think is real important: the fact that Toby can not be considered a fullback since he's never played that in college whereas Peyton was conveniently already pegged as one at school. at worst, i think, toby will share Mike Alstott's fate and will play a powerbackwho might (or might not) be slowly converted into mothing more than a glorified blocker and a short yardage runner.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Kind of like how another dazzling first rounder of yours- Reggie Bush- who supposedly can make guys miss in a phone booth has had six 20+ yard runs with almost seven times more carries in his carrer than Hillis had last year as a tailback and only one 30+ yard run of 43 yards.

Compared to expectations, Bush has to be considered one of the biggest busts of all time. Undrafted free agents like Pierre Thomas and well-traveled journeyman Mike Bell are far better runners on his own team. Could you imagine if by some miracleBush was white and underperformed the way he has? He would be a national laughingstock. But Bush will never be on one of those "bust" lists as all the spaces are permanently taken by Leaf, Shuler, Marinovich, Bosworth, Mamula & Co.In fact,I still see Bush on commercials and in various league promos as if he's some kind of superstar.
Edited by: Don Wassall

Westside

Hall of Famer
Watched the Stanford v Arizona game tonight. Toby had a good game. 126 yrds against one of the best run defenses in the country. No bad. I think he had close to 30 carries and had three greats runs including an 8 yard TD run.

The announcers were praising him. One affelet turned reporter on the side lines said Toby is one of the best running backs in the country. But another called one of Stanford's best reciever a "possession type" reciever. "Its good to have a guy like that to make those type of possession catches." This idiot is a greek but looks and acts like one of the tribe.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Oh, Toby is 4 to 5 yards short of 1000 yards.
smiley4.gif
Hopefully he can have some monster games in the coming weeks. Today Stanford looked calm and confident. The QB Luck is progressing well.

foobar75

Master
That was a hard-earned 126 yards by Gerhart tonight, against a very good defense. They were determined to stop him, and surely made him earn that effort. ASU does have some solid white players on their defense who had a number of good stops on Gerhart. So, all in all, it was smash-mouth football and I definitely enjoyed it. I'm glad Stanford got a win tonight, as they needed it badly.

As for that Papadakis guy, I really believe he should be doing voice-overs on cartoons as opposed to college football games. The guys looks and acts like a clown, and is your typical idiot caste analyst.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Thanks foobar75, Papadakis is all over the radio and local stations here in LA. I can't stand him and his stupid/false hype style. If I remember correctly this guy had a brother or cousin who rightly payed fullback for USC. His family had a successful Greek resturant in San Pedro where the SC player would go and eat for "free". Anyways, I guess the Papadakis was able to parley his parents blood, sweat and tears for a asinine career in broadcasting. What a clown and poor excuse for a son.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Worse good old Papadonkus was the last White tailback to start for USC. I agree Papadonkus seems suited to either a Sopranos episode, My Big Fat Greek Wedding III or cartoon voice over work for a morbidly obese ethnic character...
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Toby is doing it again! had 3 runs over 10 yards on the last drive, already had 2 TDs in the first quarter! Stanford is playing a real tough defense too, Oregon, who kept all the RBs very much in check so far.

he is tough to bring down, agile and fast!

like the announcers said, a statement game for Toby who is playing like PAC-10 player of the year!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
backrow, are you getting the game on TV or internet radio? Is it on TV?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang, Toby just fumbled in what could have been a nail in the coffin drive, in the 2nd quarter no less.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Toby Gerhart would be in the Heisman talk still if Stanford had won just a few more of the close games. Toby is the best running back in the country period! I will say it even if no one listens. He has power, speed, ability to cut and he is very light on his feet. On top of that he can catch and block just as good. This could be the biggest win for Stanford since they beat USC two years ago. This win can also make them bowl eligible. Come on Stanford. Come on Toby. Keep bringing it.

On a side note, I'm the worlds biggest U of A Wildcat Fan. They will be tied for first place with Oregon if Stanford wins. Nick Foles is the next John Elway. He is that good. The Cats are the only Pac Ten Team to never make the Rose Bowl. Please let this be the year. Even ASU has only been to 2 Rose Bowls. Every other Pac 10 and Big 10 Team have been to the Rose Bowl at least once. Can I get some love for the Cats?

Colonel_Reb said:
backrow, are you getting the game on TV or internet radio? Is it on TV?

Somehow with my cable I have been able to get a couple Stanford games this year.

Nice catch by Whalen, let's see a Gerhart TD to finish the drive!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
white lightning, I can't give Arizona love because I'm not a team fan anymore. I can tell you I understand your sentiments though. When I was a Ole Miss fan, I was the same way. They had never (and still are the only SEC West team to have never) played in an SEC Championship game. Now I could care less about them winning a game, let alone winning another SEC title. Toby is up to almost 100 yards now, with 1st and goal to go from the 3.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well Marecic scored the TD, and Toby is still 1 yard short of 100. Electric, I'm glad you can get the games. They must be airing it on some small network, because the game isn't listed as being on TV at ESPN.com.

backrow

Hall of Famer
hey Col, i am paying for this one site streaming different sports(not sure if i can name it here) and they happen to have it.

Colonel_Reb said:
Well Marecic scored the TD, and Toby is still 1 yard short of 100. Electric, I'm glad you can get the games. They must be airing it on some small network, because the game isn't listed as being on TV at ESPN.com. 

Yeah it's on CSN+, which I think only comes on Saturday's to show another game that's not playing on the regular CSN station. Lots of good games on TV today with Texas/UCF and Shipley's record setting game, Iowa's first loss to white friendly Northwestern with two white RBs, Ohio State/Penn State with lots of white recievers, and Stanford with Gerhart going over 100 just now!

backrow

Hall of Famer
i love this game! white freshmen on D for Stanford (a very white, atheltic defense!) making BIG plays, Jeff Maehl is Oregon's best receiver, Gerhart showing the whole country what he's made of... doesn't get much better!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I understand Col.Reb. I rarely root for any team anymore these days. Here and there I do but AZ is one of the last that is a childhood favorite of mine. I mostly root for players from all around the country. You know that. I just love the fact that I am rooting for my favorite running back on a very white friendly team(Stanford)and it just might help me beloved Cats in their chances to make the Rose Bowl.

R.Whalen is a great receiver for Stanford. I love watching this kid. If you guys watch U of A play, watch for David Douglass. A white receiver with great speed and even better hands. We are missing our MVP though. Rob Gronkowski. The best tightend in all of college football.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wl, Rob is an awesome player and I wish he was playing for UA right now. They have several really good players like you mentioned. At least AZ has some white skill players to root for. A marked difference from most of the SEC.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Another 30 yard stiff arm run by Toby!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I want Toby to hit 200 yards. I'm hoping they can just run the ball almost the entire 4th quarter to just let the clock run out while Toby piles on the yards. What a stud he is. Keep it up Toby. We are your biggest fans here!

Gerhart is one big run away from setting another Career high. I will be shocked if he doesn't break 200 today!