Tim Toone

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rookie Tim Toone out of Weber State has some legit potential IMO. I have seen footage of him dominating in big games for WSU on Youtube. He looks quick in and out of his breaks, can make guys miss after the catch, has good hands and field awareneness- and has very adequate top end speed. What do you guys think his chances are of making the Lions? I recall this team cutting John Standforde recently- when he had just come off a season where he was almost on pace for 1,000 yards if he played the whole year with darn awful QB play to help him. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tough, he could probably be a number 2 receiver on a number of teams or maybe in the slot. The Lions have been notoriously unfair with white receivers in the past so he may stick as a WSTD. The season is just a few weeks away. I can't wait.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree WA33. However, I think he could be a #1 split-end as well as a slot man on some teams. Although a bit undersized, I think he ran a 4.42/4.45 at his Pro Day. His top-end speed is probably slightly above average for a WR in the NFL getting playing time. It's his 10-15 yard burst that is the most elite part of his 40 (setting him apart) though.

icsept

Master
Watching the highlight of his 95 yard punt return, he looked to have great top end speed. Kind of strange for a Mormon kid to be sporting dreadlocks. The affletes would have fun hazing him with a haircut.

I remember when he was draft last "Mr. Irrelevant", the black commentator mentioned his odd running style with his left arm out. I wonder if that's related to Matt Jones' "odd-stride" condition.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is what was said about Toone when he was drafted.

"We didn't anticipate taking a defensive end today, but we had Willie
Young so high on our board that it was just a great value when he was
still available," head coach Jim Schwartz said.
"Then to finish off the day, we got a guy who I think is going to be a
cult hero in this town in Tim Toone. He's a little white guy with
dreadlocks who can really run and is an exciting returner."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Knowing the Lions I don't expect much to happen for Toone but at least the Lions need receivers. Nate Burleson is a starter, ....nuff said. Also Toone should have had a TD in the game, he was missed by QB Drew Stanton when he was wide open for a score.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is what was said about Toone when he was drafted."We didn't anticipate taking a defensive end today, but we had Willie
Young so high on our board that it was just a great value when he was
still available," head coach Jim Schwartz said.
"Then to finish off the day, we got a guy who I think is going to be a
cult hero in this town in Tim Toone. He's a little white guy with
dreadlocks who can really run and is an exciting returner."

"Little white guy,"Â￾ what a delightfully racist statement. Schwartz was likely dying to say "white boy,"Â￾ but bit his tongue. I'm not sure why, though, as there are clearly no consequences for using that particular racial slur.

"Little"Â￾ is always preceded the word "White."Â￾

"Big"Â￾ is always preceded by the word "Black."Â￾

These are written and unwritten rules of "our"Â￾ genocidal dictatorship. Peons (like DWFs) and pea-brains (like Jim Schwartz) all play along"¦thinking for yourself is so passé.

snow

Mentor
So true. They also called Jordan Shipley "little". After getting several catches, they said something like"look at that little guy out there, he just keeps getting open". I don't know when 5'11 became little. Of course there was a Welker comparison, so it is pretty obvious they meant "little white guy" even though they left out the white part.