This is PRO football?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm watching the Chiefs-Texans and Packers-Eagles games, so my perspective might be skewed. Maybe someone watching another game will have a different point of view. And I realize it's the first half of the first Sunday of the season. But the level of play in these games is pathetic. The number of penalties, turnovers, and dropped passes is ridiculous. It's hard to believe these guys are paid millions of dollars, and that they're the 'best' we can find to play the game.
smiley5.gif

yanling

Guru
For some [obvious] reason the magazines and TV shows and other media want to make Donovan McNabb out to be as good as or better than Joe Montana or Dan Marino.

I can't comment until after waching Lions-Raiders ... though I can make a
prediction.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The NFL is a funny place. Guys like Huard can start at quarterback while guys like Volek ride pine. Guys like Hass barely make the cut, and others like Ball are on the practice squad, while the non-descript, no-name, no-talent receivers on the Chiefs not only make the team but START?? Brian Leonard is a backup running back while guys like Lendale White, et al are labeled starting running backs, with a paltry 2.5 yards per carry average.

smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Try watching a few minutes of the Jags-Titans game -- if you can stand it.

C Darwin

Mentor
The Bills-Broncos game is real good! The white guys are putting on a show!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Try watching a few minutes of the Jags-Titans game -- if you can stand it.

I see from the stats that Young is really tearing it up, he's contributed a whole 96 yards to the Tennessee offense, including passing and rushing. Wow, I just know he's gonna be good! Future Hall of Famer for sure!

smiley11.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
C Darwin said:
The Bills-Broncos game is real good! The white guys are putting on a show!

Who's that? Details, details, I don't have NFL ticket!
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hahaha!!! Torry Holt just got called out by the announcer for having alligator arms!
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
There seems to be a correlation to the league getting "faster" and the tackling getting sloppier. Maybe coaches should stop recruting track guys and tryin to put them on the gridiron.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
also, i wonder if the Eagles will call re-sign Jeremy Bloom to return punts?

they've muffed two in this game, and the first resulted in a Green Bay touchdown.

the second, with just 59 seconds left just gave the ball to the Packers on the Eagles 31-yard line.
smiley36.gif

edited to add: Mason Crosby just connected on a 43-yard field goal to take the lead 16-13 with 2 seconds left. he even delivered a BIG hit on the ensuing kick-off return that forced a fumble and sealed the win!
smiley32.gif

so much for the "afaletic" punt returner. nice hands, jackass.
smiley36.gif
maybe Mason Crosby should be a safety in addition to the kicker.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
also, i wonder if the Eagles will call re-sign Jeremy Bloom to return punts?

they've muffed two in this game, and the first resulted in a Green Bay touchdown.

the second, with just 59 seconds left just gave the ball to the Packers on the Eagles 31-yard line.
smiley36.gif

edited to add: Mason Crosby just connected on a 43-yard field goal to take the lead 16-13 with 2 seconds left.

so much for the "afaletic" punt returner. nice hands, jackass.
smiley36.gif

Who muffed that last punt, Jimmy? He looked white but I didn't catch his name or number.

nm, it was JR Reed.Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun said:
The NFL is a funny place. Guys like Huard can start at quarterback while guys like Volek ride pine. Guys like Hass barely make the cut, and others like Ball are on the practice squad, while the non-descript, no-name, no-talent receivers on the Chiefs not only make the team but START?? Brian Leonard is a backup running back while guys like Lendale White, et al are labeled starting running backs, with a paltry 2.5 yards per carry average.

smiley5.gif

Shogun,

Scenarios like those are the reason that I barely watch football anymore at all. The blatent discrimination against White talent is appalling. Its even more appalling when I bring it up in conversation with OTHER WHITE PEOPLE and they deny that this discrimination even exists. Then, they proceed upon calling me a racist. Are they blind? Or just socially castrated beyond repair? It just amazes me more and more everyday that the masses are just so stupid and have not even the slightest clue of what is really going on here. How can they not see it?

But I digress. Its times like this that I wish I was a billionaire. I'd fund my OWN NFL team, with me hand-picking my players. All the talent would come from schools like Air Force, BYU, Boise St., and the Ivy League schools. I'd have certain requirements that players must meet in order to play one my team professionally:

1. At least a 3.0 GPA in college.

2. No felony convictions.

3. If you're a parent, you shall be married.

4. etc. etc. etc.

Needless to say, 99% of my potential recruits would probably be White. Not only that, but we would be smarter, classier and better overall people than the "prison teams" that exist in today's current NFL.

If I only had that kind of money. A man can dream, can't he?
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Marge Schott had her baseball team taken away from her simply for saying some politically incorrect things. An NFL owner who openly opposed the Caste System would be stripped of his team in a New York second. It's going to take awareness -- and anger and non-stop exposure and loud demands for change -- before the NFL and the rest of the establishment notices and undertakes any meaningful changes, and even that may not be enough. Edited by: Don Wassall

Tom Iron

Mentor
I don't watch TV. I listen to the Jet games on the radio because I like the announcers, especially Marty Lyons (of the Sack Exchange - 3 White guys, 1 black guy). You can read it in his voice. He reports the game well, but you know what he'd really like to be saying about the "tackling." I think he'd desrcribe the tackling as p--- poor if he could say it on the air.

Tom Iron...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Cowboys cut wide receiver/kick returner Jerheme Urban after an impressive pre-season, because apparently the "real" afaletes they had on the roster were a lot better...
smiley5.gif

however, their return game sucks, and theyturned the ball over right at the end of the half when the returner just had the ball taken from his hand like a little bitch.
smiley36.gif

it cost the Cowboys 3 points off the ensuing field goal.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
ha! Plaxico Burress just dropped ANOTHER pass. even Madden said "he has to catch that ball."

how the hell do people think these are the best receivers available?
smiley5.gif

I've long ago realized the NFL is far from the best available talent. It's statistically ridiculous to think it is.

Most of the males in both of the major football playing countries -- US and Canada -- are white, yet only about 25-30% make up the NFL; and mostly on the O-line, QBs and kickers. That and the fact that even fundamentally sound black players are snubbed by the system in favor of raw 'talent' (read straight-line speed and jumping), and you get garbage play quality. Same with the NBA, and that's why Europe dominates the sport now.

Maybe Europeans should get their upstart American football programs in top gear. North America needs the competition.Edited by: FieldThrower

whiteCB said:
There seems to be a correlation to the league getting "faster" and the tackling getting sloppier. Maybe coaches should stop recruting track guys and tryin to put them on the gridiron.

Exactly. Though race is a big factor, it's not everything. Even good black players are left out because they don't run 4.3s or have 40 inch verticals. Stupid things like ball control, field awareness, instincts, and other general fundamentals are generally ignored by "scouts" when assessing a players "talent".

Receivers like Jerry Rice and Steve Largent wouldn't make it in today's system. Too slow, small stature, small school etc. You read that right: Yesterday's Hall of Famers are cut off before even making rookie training camp in today's league. Sad, sad state of affairs.
Edited by: FieldThrower

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I feel that of all the positions in the current NFL, it's WR and DB that are most lacking talented players. Some teams sport incredibly pathetic receivers (Chiefs, Falcons, Vikings, Titans, Seahawks, and Raiders) as well as mediocre defensive backfields (Giants, Chiefs, Browns, Rams, and Dolphins). This trend will only get worse as the NFL tries to add more and more "speed."

The league should be a laughing stock in terms of its current talent, as well as the criminal record most of it's player have.
Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:
I feel that of all the positions in the current NFL, it's WR and DB that are most lacking talented players. Some teams sport incredibly pathetic receivers (Chiefs, Falcons, Vikings, Titans, Seahawks, and Raiders) as well as mediocre defensive backfields (Giants, Chiefs, Browns, Rams, and Dolphins). This trend will only get worse as the NFL tries to add more and more "speed."

The league should be a laughing stock in terms of its current talent, as well as the criminal record most of it's player have.

I agree that WR and DB are as bad as any of them. The drunk white fans see black DBs defending black WRs and think they must bemostly magnificent sincethere are so fewnon-blacks.

I do disagree that "most" NFL players have criminal records. It's "only" about 25 percent.
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

G

Receiver seems to be the worst. Guys who can't get the job done play year after year because they are black. Some of these guys are absolute scrubs.

By far the worst was the 07 AFC championship when Brady hit that uncovered black scrub right in the hands for the easy touchdown and he dropped it. That guy should not even be in the NFL. Not even on a practice squad. I forget his name, but he's terrible.

Reche Caldwell IS TERRIBLE. He was the Pats #1 receiver last year, God help them. He was the most uncoordinated, goofy NFL player I have ever seen. And he won the Bilentekoff award in college and was drafted in the 2nd round! (clearly a product of the old pass attack offense of under spurrier with rex grossman) He was recently cut by the Pats, now that they have talent at receiver (Moss,Welker, Gaffney, NOT Stallworth and Washington) If it weren't for Reche, the Pats would have had 4 superbowls in 6 years.
smiley19.gif