This is PRO football?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i am so pissed off right now...
smiley7.gif

i just turned on theMonday Night game, and the announcers were talking about Bengals tight end Daniel Coats, a black player.

now then, being a fan of white football players, i watch a LOT of BYU football games, which is where Coats played his college ball. i saw him in action quite a bit, and he is decent. however, he played alongside white tight end Johnny Harline whois AMAZING!!!

why do i bring this up? because Coats, who the Bengals "really like a lot in the passing game," wasn't good enough to evenholdHarline'sjock whileat BYU, yet he is on the active roster of an NFL team.

i find that very interesting, seeing as how Harline was superior in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to Coats while at BYU, but Harline is wasting away in NFL purgatory somewhere...

check out these stats from their senior years... Hartline: 58 catches, 935 yards, and 12 touchdowns. Coats: 22 catches, 239 yards, and 2 touchdowns. not even close! additionally, Hartline is physically superior in every way to Coats, as well. don't believe me?read this blurb from NFL DRAFT TRACKER on Coats...
Coats is a former wide receiver turned tight end. He is built in a similar mold to teammate Johnny Harline, but Coats is a bit shorter, stockier and less athletic than Harline.

so let me put this in plain, easy-to-understand language... in order for a BLACK player to make it in the NFL he needs to be shorter, slower, less athletic, less talented, and less productive than his WHITE counterpart. and i'm supposed to believe that "coaches put the best athletes on the field regardless of color..."

seems fair.
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif

Jimmy. That seems ridiculous. Perfectly normal in the Caste System. I hate that sh*t.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
i am so pissed off right now...
smiley7.gif

i just turned on the Monday Night game, and the announcers were talking about Bengals tight end Daniel Coats, a black player.

now then, being a fan of white football players, i watch a LOT of BYU football games, which is where Coats played his college ball. i saw him in action quite a bit, and he is decent. however, he played alongside white tight end Johnny Harline who is AMAZING!!!

why do i bring this up? because Coats, who the Bengals "really like a lot in the passing game," wasn't good enough to even hold Harline's jock while at BYU, yet he is on the active roster of an NFL team. 

i find that very interesting, seeing as how Harline was superior in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to Coats while at BYU, but Harline is wasting away in NFL purgatory somewhere...

check out these stats from their senior years... Hartline: 58 catches, 935 yards, and 12 touchdowns. Coats: 22 catches, 239 yards, and 2 touchdowns. not even close! additionally, Hartline is physically superior in every way to Coats, as well. don't believe me? read this blurb from NFL DRAFT TRACKER on Coats...
Coats is a former wide receiver turned tight end. He is built in a similar mold to teammate Johnny Harline, but Coats is a bit shorter, stockier and less athletic than Harline.

so let me put this in plain, easy-to-understand language... in order for a BLACK player to make it in the NFL he needs to be shorter, slower, less athletic, less talented, and less productive than his WHITE counterpart. and i'm supposed to believe that "coaches put the best athletes on the field regardless of color..."

seems fair.
smiley5.gif

smiley7.gif

You have to understand the thought processes of the geniuses who run things. Coates has lots of "upside" because he has superior ability (merely because he's Negro), while Harline was an "overachiever" who benefited from the BYU system (because he's Caucasian). Pretty straightforward really.

Ya. That draft site overlooked several key elements. They didn't analyze important factors like "raw potential", "loose hips", "thick lips" and "ebony skin".
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: TorontoArgos

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
seriously, though, it doesn't get any more clear than this... same position, same school, same system, same year, same everything. the WHITE athlete is hands down better IN EVERY WAY, but the BLACK athlete gets the nod of approval.

i love comparing apples to apples to people who are too blind to see the Caste System. and you can't possibly get two more identical apples to compare... one (the white man) is clearly superior (to the black guy) but whitey is the one who gets screwed.

it doesn't get any more obvious than this.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
seriously, though, it doesn't get any more clear than this... same position, same school, same system, same year, same everything. the WHITE athlete is hands down better IN EVERY WAY, but the BLACK athlete gets the nod of approval.

i love comparing apples to apples to people who are too blind to see the Caste System. and you can't possibly get two more identical apples to compare... one (the white man) is clearly superior (to the black guy) but whitey is the one who gets screwed.

it doesn't get any more obvious than this.
How sad.
smiley11.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
JC, thats one of the best posts I've seen here. There is no way any person who thinks straight can argue it. Especially with the emphasis in the league now on pass catching athletic TEs...total double standard.

But this is a league where Jacoby Jones gets the nod over David Ball remember. And a guy like Amhad Bradshaw out of Marshall, with a criminal record, who sucks in college gets drafted by the Giants and Tre Smith doesn't even get invited to training camp. And a guy like Chris Henry with his paltry 3.5 yards a carry gets drafted ahead of Leonard who ran for 4.1 yards a carry as a freshman (the only year he was used mainly as a HB) in the worst offense in the Big East or maybe even in the entire division one at the time.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jonny Harline was picked up by the Browns to be on their practice squad. Perfect fit for the white All-American! Its like Mike Hass Part II.
smiley7.gif
I guess next year he'll work his grass off to make the roster and maybe get a sniff of playing time.
smiley5.gif

In all fairness, Coats is younger, a better blocker (BYU didn't line Harline up on the line very much) and went to a team with no really good tight ends. The Colts were loaded. Not saying Harline wasn't discriminated against, because IMO he should have been a late first day draft pick, and not some UFA that gets cut after the preseason.

If you read most BYU boards, they'll openly admit Harline is a much better overall talent than Coats, but few will address the issue of race as a real factor in Harline's failure to make a roster. People who buy the "can't we all get along" and "there's one race -- the human race" will always fail to see the big picture. The people pulling the strings at the top are usually the biggest racists (and classists) that want the "peasantry" to buy that "race is irrelevant" line to cover up their schemes and designs.
Edited by: FieldThrower

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Coats had a good Redshirt Freshman year in 2003 that put him on everyone's radar, but his Sophomore and Junior years were almost laughable. By the middle of the 2005 season, he was generally regarded by BYU fans as a disappointment. His career stat line from playing 4 years at BYU reads like this. 86 catches for 966 and 9 TDs.

Jonny Harline's career stat line reads 121 catches for 1,788 yards and 17 TDs. That is from 2 years, 2005 and 2006. He did not play his Sophomore season, except on special teams, and was recruited to BYU from Ricks Junior College, where he led the local JC league in reception yardage as a Freshman with over 20 YPC and 8 TDs.

I think most BYU fans would be shocked to know that Coats made a team while Harline didn't. By the way, Coats isn't even a year and a half younger than Harline. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

backrow

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
backrow said:
and the golden smile, people... golden smile...

lol...I think you meant to say "room-brightening smile", backrow.
smiley36.gif

nono, they actually said "golden smile"... maybe it's his "grillz"
smiley36.gif