The Last White Men to Lead the NBA in Scoring

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Larry Bird never did it. Neither did Tom Chambers or Dirk Nowitzki. As good as they were and 2 of the 3 are already in the NBA Hall of Fame
they never managed to lead the NBA in Scoring. All through the 1940's and 1950's a white guy lead the league every year. Starting in the
1960's was when the league changed it's demographics and it's direction drastically and it's never looked back since. Here are the last
3 white guys to lead the NBA in Scoring for a complete season.

"Pistol" Pete Maravich
mara_original.jpg

In the 1976-77 NBA Season the late great "Pistol: Pete Maravich won the scoring title with an average of 31.1 points per game playing for the Jazz. Pete had a fine NBA Career but his college career is still the best of any collegiant player in NCAA History. Maravich averaged over 44 points per game in four years of college while playing for his dad and he did this all before they started counting 3 point shots. Incredible to even think about! One of the all time greats and may he rest in peace.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 2nd guy before Maravich to lead the NBA in Scoring was the man on who's shadow is in the NBA Logo. The Great Laker Jerry West
led the NBA in Scoring back in 1969-70 as he would score an eye popping 31.2 points per game. West was as smooth as they come! What
an incredibly talented baskeball ball player and he has also been just as talented in the business world.

west_original.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 3rd gentleman on this list is the incredibly talented Rick Barry of the Warriors. in the 1966-67 Season Rick Barry led the
rick-barry_original.jpg

league in scoring with 35.6 points per game! This was even higher than Wilt Chamberlain who led the nba the previous year. Rick
Barry was a true alpha male and he was as firey and competetive as any player you could ever watch. It would have been an honor to see him play. You can find video clips of all of these guys i you look. I recommend it!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The reason I started this list was to talk about some of these NBA All Time Greats who could score as good as anyone. Well here in
the 2022/23 NBA Season we have another guy with a chance to lead the NBA in Scoring! Luka "Magic" Doncic is leading the NBA
in Scoring for a few weeks now. He averages 36 points per game. He has a 3 point edge on the closest guy in second place. I know
it's very early but he is more than capable. Doncic is long due to win his first NBA MVP Award and his first NBA Championship. He is
now in his 4th season and he still racks up triple doubles like a video game. Doncic finished as the 4th leading scorer last year. It will
be fun to follow him and see is he can do what hasn't been done since the late great "Pistol" Pete Maravich. I'm going to go on record
here in only November that I believe he will do this! :) Feel free to chime in with your thoughts guys?

iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A quick note on the college guys with a few short videos. Maravich scored 64 points in a college game! Wow is that amazing.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
With the lack of scoring talent the Mavericks have put around Luka, he’s got a great chance of achieving the honor this year. I’d say it’s a much better chance than winning a championship.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Larry Bird never did it. Neither did Tom Chambers or Dirk Nowitzki. As good as they were and 2 of the 3 are already in the NBA Hall of Fame
they never managed to lead the NBA in Scoring. All through the 1940's and 1950's a white guy lead the league every year. Starting in the
1960's was when the league changed it's demographics and it's direction drastically and it's never looked back since. Here are the last
3 white guys to lead the NBA in Scoring for a complete season.

"Pistol" Pete Maravich
mara_original.jpg

In the 1976-77 NBA Season the late great "Pistol: Pete Maravich won the scoring title with an average of 31.1 points per game playing for the Jazz. Pete had a fine NBA Career but his college career is still the best of any collegiant player in NCAA History. Maravich averaged over 44 points per game in four years of college while playing for his dad and he did this all before they started counting 3 point shots. Incredible to even think about! One of the all time greats and may he rest in peace.
Thanks for this thread WL! Seeing the old classic photos of Maravich, West and Barry is so cool. I was really too young to remember Maravich and West much but they played so lights out and with such talent and guts nobody can or should not consider them as all-time greats.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Very cool thread indeed! Mavs lack of off season moves should ensure Luka keeps up the scoring pace.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread WL! Seeing the old classic photos of Maravich, West and Barry is so cool. I was really too young to remember Maravich and West much but they played so lights out and with such talent and guts nobody can or should not consider them as all-time greats.

I saw Pete Maravich play in person twice when he was with the Atlanta Hawks. They were preseason exhibition games. In 1972 I saw him score 42 points against the Celtics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Guys we are at the 1/3 part of the season. Luka Doncic still leads the NBA in scoring. Doncic is averaging 33.1 points per game!

Let's hope he can continue to play at such a high level. The sad part is his free throw percentage is down to 71 percent. I've seen
too many games where he will miss 5 to even 8 or 9 free throws in the same game. This is not acceptable. Overall he is a great
shooter and can beat you inside or outside. His rebounds and asssists are outstanding. It's his F.Throw Percentage that is his biggest
weakness. He leaves so many points off the score board with a basic fundemental element of the game. There is no doubt that
Luka Doncic is a true super star at the highest levels of success but this is his greatest weakenss. I really hope he can correct it as
the Mavs lose too many close games. If Doncic wants to lead the NBA in scoring he will need to get better from the free throw line!

Warhawk_46

Master
Guys we are at the 1/3 part of the season. Luka Doncic still leads the NBA in scoring. Doncic is averaging 33.1 points per game!

Let's hope he can continue to play at such a high level. The sad part is his free throw percentage is down to 71 percent. I've seen
too many games where he will miss 5 to even 8 or 9 free throws in the same game. This is not acceptable. Overall he is a great
shooter and can beat you inside or outside. His rebounds and asssists are outstanding. It's his F.Throw Percentage that is his biggest
weakness. He leaves so many points off the score board with a basic fundemental element of the game. There is no doubt that
Luka Doncic is a true super star at the highest levels of success but this is his greatest weakenss. I really hope he can correct it as
the Mavs lose too many close games. If Doncic wants to lead the NBA in scoring he will need to get better from the free throw line!
Absolutely! For such a good shooter, really kind of crazy how low his FT % is.

His 3-PT % could stand to go a bit higher as well.

He is leading the league in scoring, number 4 in assists, hovering in top 20 in rebounds and around 5 in steals per game. I believe he also leads the league in PER if I recall.

And he is doing all this with a less than average supporting cast!

white is right

Hall of Famer
The 3rd gentleman on this list is the incredibly talented Rick Barry of the Warriors. in the 1966-67 Season Rick Barry led the
rick-barry_original.jpg

league in scoring with 35.6 points per game! This was even higher than Wilt Chamberlain who led the nba the previous year. Rick
Barry was a true alpha male and he was as firey and competetive as any player you could ever watch. It would have been an honor to see him play. You can find video clips of all of these guys i you look. I recommend it!
It's scary to think what Barry would have scored with a 3 point line. He was one of the all time great pure scorers and is largely forgotten. You can pick up a decent grade rookie card of his for next to nothing compared to various other legends of his era.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In six more games we will reach the halfway point of the 82 game NBA Regular Season. Luka Doncic continues to lead the
league in scoring. He has a one point lead so it's gonna be hard fought until the end. I have no doubt that we will see more
Luka Magic and this young man will lead the NBA in Scoring and hopefully win his first of many NBA MVP AWARDS! :campeon:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile Domantas Sabonis leads the league in rebounds.

Also very interesting to note that 4 of the 5 leading scorers in the NBA are foreign born, and all 5 of top 5 rebounders are foreign born.
That should wake up coaches, that fundamentals and skills are more important than jumping out of the gym ability.

Warhawk_46

Master
Meanwhile Domantas Sabonis leads the league in rebounds.

Also very interesting to note that 4 of the 5 leading scorers in the NBA are foreign born, and all 5 of top 5 rebounders are foreign born.
That should wake up coaches, that fundamentals and skills are more important than jumping out of the gym ability.
It should, but it won’t. Cultural Marxism and anti-white racism is an infections disease, a blight destroying America.

booth

Mentor
A quick note on the college guys with a few short videos. Maravich scored 64 points in a college game! Wow is that amazing.

WL was Furman a D1 school when Frank Selvy scored 100 points in 1954. Also, Bevo Francis scored 100 points 11 days before Selvy for Rio Grande College.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
WL was Furman a D1 school when Frank Selvy scored 100 points in 1954. Also, Bevo Francis scored 100 points 11 days before Selvy for Rio Grande College.

Wow I hadn't heard of Bevo Francis. Thanks for that info. As to your question maybe this can answer it. I believe it was. Furman College
is the oldest school in South Carolina and was founded way back in 1826.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jack Taylor scores 138 points in a game which is the all time record!

booth

Mentor
WL, Bevo chose to work in the steel mills instead of the NBA because he could make more money. He was 6'9" and could jump and if you watch him shoot, he released the ball at the highest point it was unblockable. One other thing, Bevo played against some blacks, while I am not sure if Selvy did. I would have to say he didn't in the South during the 50s.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
WL, Bevo chose to work in the steel mills instead of the NBA because he could make more money. He was 6'9" and could jump and if you watch him shoot, he released the ball at the highest point it was unblockable. One other thing, Bevo played against some blacks, while I am not sure if Selvy did. I would have to say he didn't in the South during the 50s.

I really appreciate you posting that video. Man was this guy good. Such a shame he never played professionally but we all know he would
have done great if he had. It shows his character as back in those days men were the sole providers as women didn't work. To think how
many guys like this never even get the chance anymore due to the incredible racism against whites. What a great video of a amazing player!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have crossed the halfway point of the 2022/2023 NBA Regular Season. Doncic still is in the lead but it's gonna be a tough fight
till the end of the season. Trust me when I tell you that the last thing these other players want to see is for a white guy to lead the
nba in scoring. They consider this their sport and don't want anyone to think they can beat them at their game. Not all but the majority
of blacks feel this way as they are tribal. The way they stick together is what whites need. A sense of brotherhood & racial pride. Here
are the latest stats af of today on January 11, 2023.

NBA Leaders

(Points Per Game)​

1st Luka Doncic Dallas Mavericks 34.2​

2nd Joel Embiid Philadelphia 76ers 33.6​

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Embid is good but injury prone. Luka should be able to hold on.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As of today January 18, 2023 we have played 45 of the 82 games in the regular season. The race is closer than ever for
the nba scoring title.

Luka Doncic 33.8 points per game

Joel Embiid 33.6 points per game

This is going to be a race right down till the last week of the season. Doncic had a nice lead but then had a few
bad games and right like that Embiid is back to just about even. Embiid led the nba in scoring earlier this year catching
and passing Doncic so is he does it again it would be the second time he caught and passed him.

Luka Doncic cannot afford many bad or sub par games if he is going to achieve history. What makes it tougher is that
Embiid has Harden and other stars around him where Doncic has no one else on the team of all star talent or even close
to that level. Dallas needs a trade bad in my opinion to get Luka D. some help in the playoff chase. It would also help keep
the defenses a little more honest as they couldn't just key on him all game long with so many double teams.

I still think he can do it but it will not be easy. Doncic needs to be his A Game every night. Good luck to him!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another quick update. We have now seen 52 of the 82 games in the 2022/2023 NBA Regular Season.

Both Doncic and Embiid are tied both averaging 33.4 points per game. We only have 30 games left! Can
Luka Doncic lead the NBA in Scoring? It's been so long since one of our guys did it. With the trade for Irving
it could either help or hurt Doncic as far as shot attempts per game. We will see how it shakes out.

Let's Stay Positive. This has been a historic season for Doncic no matter what happens but I still feel good about
his chances as he is focused and driven. He can also score in so many ways as he is more versatile than Embiid. Will
Do another update sometime soon. Let's Go Doncic! You Got this! :)