The Jim Haslett effect

devans

Mentor
Jim has "Upgraded" the defensive backfield for the Rams...

20 Anderson, Dwight LCB
21 Atogwe, Oshiomogho FS
22 Fisher, Travis RCB
23 Butler, Jerametrius LCB
24 Groce, DeJuan LCB
25 Chavous, Corey SS
26 Brown, Fakhir RCB
27 Carpenter, Dwaine FS
31 Hill, Tye LCB
32 Bartell, Ron RCB
42 Carter, Jerome SS
43 Eiland, Deandre SS

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Crap!
smiley7.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Oshiomogho, Jerametrius, DeJuan, Fakhir, and Deandre. Dynomiiiiite!
smiley2.gif

What a bunch of stupid names.

That P.O.S. (Haslett) just ended Adam Archuleta's carrer. At least with the Rams anyway.

Nathan Black was an unheralded wide receiver out of Northwestern State (LA). He showed up at Saints camp a few years ago and just blew everybody away consistently out sprinting everyone making circus catches every practice and even if the few rare preseason plays he actually got in. Of course since he had the wrong DNA and a paradoxically a petty price tag they let Haslet cut him in favor of his higher priced overrated underacheivers. He also religated the 30 plus yard per catch average Keith Poole to back up status at receiver for some of the prime years of his career. These are two example for Jim.

whiteCB

Master
Jim Haslett is just another white guy who idolizes black players because he feels he would have been a better player if he was instead black. Its the same old mantra year in and year out.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed this offseason more than others that the blackest teams are moving to have more whites, the Jets, Packers and Saints in particular, while the "whitest" teams (relatively speaking of course
smiley36.gif
) are mostly going in the opposite direction -- Rams, Titans. All of these teams except the Titans have a new head coach.

The turnabout of the Haslet-less Saints is nice to see. I just checked their depth chart and as of today they have 5 white starters projected on offense and 3 on defense, plus three white wide receivers. Eight white starters is pretty heady stuff for the Whites Need Not Apply NFL. The team that traditionally received an F- from Caste Football may have the highest grade this year.

robcat

Guru
Haslet must be taking the changes in New Orleans hard. He's probably having regular video conference calls with Brian Billick, Buddy Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards Bobby Bowden, Fisher DeBerry Bryant Gumbel and Joe Paterno in order to air his hurt feelings and loss of confidence in total black superiority to the group, which reinstills it by showing footage of white players running slow, throwing bad passes, and making crucial fumbles and penalties. Thus recharged, Haslet gleefully returns to his current project of purging all white defensive players, both starters and scrubs, from the Rams roster. Edited by: robcat

devans

Mentor
The re-modelled Haslett Defence in St Louis has made big strides. In the pre season it has only allowed Indy to score 17, Houston 27, Kansas 16 and Miami 29 points. Average 22.25 points per game. At least there are no white players left to blame since he cut Archuleta and Furrey.

freedom1

Mentor
Anyone know the un-p.c. stats for opening day, i.e., who has the whitest offense/defense and who has the blackest?

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, Miami sports pretty much an all-black offense, plus one white on defense...
Bucs are pretty white on o-line, all three QBs are white, white fullback and 2 outta 3 TEs... on defense there's only Hovan and Barrett Ruud, backup MLB

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
freedom1 said:
Anyone know the un-p.c. stats for opening day, i.e., who has the whitest offense/defense and who has the blackest?

That's a work in progress. Doesn't anyone look at the homepage anymore?
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
freedom1 said:

That's a work in progress.  Doesn't anyone look at the homepage anymore? 
smiley36.gif

Don, as far as Cleveland Browns' article is concerned, Matt Stewart still is their starting ROLB... according to nfl.com and their official website .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen that. I check four different sources for each team and use my best judgment, but starters can and do change pretty frequently due to fierce competition and injuries. A rule of thumb I've learned through the years is that when there is "even" competition between a white and a black player at a position, the black usually ends up as the starter. The consensus seems to be that Willie McGinest and the rookie Wimbley will be the starting outside linebackers in Cleveland. NFL.com doesn't always have the latest info, and despite its status as the league's official site, its depth charts aren't always accurate. I do hope that Stewart does end up starting of course.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, Browns website had the same info for what it's worth, but i understand where you're coming from. most people seem to favor him ahead of Wimbley on their official forums as well, but it all remains to be seen.

Don Wassall said:
I've seen that. I check four different sources for each team and use my best judgment, but starters can and do change pretty frequently due to fierce competition and injuries.<!-- Message ''"" -->[/QUOTE Thanks for all the time and effort you put in keeping us all informed here Don, you are greatly appreciated.Edited by: castefootballer

devans

Mentor
The new Haslett defence (minus Archuleta and Furrey) is not exactly shutting teams out.

Denver10 points
San Fran 20
Arizona14
Detroit34
Green Bay 20
Seattle30

Average 21.3 points per game. The only good performance was keeping Denver down to 10 points, as they are a decent team. Bar Seattle, the rest of their early schedule looks easy.

devans

Mentor
It's only half time in the Rams game today against San Diego.
Already Philip Rivers has 121 yards passing and S.D. have rushed for 99 yards
Tomlison already has 84 yards in half a game!
How much are they paying Haslett for this upgraded defence?

devans

Mentor
Haslett Defence update...

Kansas put 31 points past them last weekend.
Total Net Yards 317
Net Yards Rushing 186
Net Yards Passing 131
Touchdowns 4
Rushing 1
Passing 3

Maybe he could ask Mike Furrey to come back and help out?