The Great White NFL team experiment

Would a 100%, hand-picked, non-black team succeed in today’s NFL?

• they’d be basement dwellers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they would win occasionally, but lose a lot more often

• they’d be about a .500 team, perhaps make the playoffs

• Total voters

yanling

Guru
if you could field a 53 man squad full of white players of your choice, how do you predict they'd perform against the typical 60-70% black NFL teams?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Fairly easy question to answer, in my opinion, mainly because you could hand-pick the best white athletes out there. Particularly if you include guys who are playing in the CFL, AFL, or aren't even on a roster right now. Think of all the running backs you could choose from! The receivers! It'd be almost too easy to put a winning, championship caliber team together.

backrow

Hall of Famer
you tell me:

QB: Mannning, Brady, Quinn

RB: Lumsden, Evans, Tre Smith, Leonard, Karney

WR: Curtis, Gonzalez, Welker, Jurevicius, Gessner, Kasper, Standeford, Bloom

OL: a pick of 10 best white linemen

DE: Kampman, Jared Allen, Schobel, Roth, Olshansky, Justin Smith

DT: Anderson, Kyle Williams, Chris Hovan, Carriker, Bingham

LB: Urlacher, Posluszny, Hawk, Greenway, Bradley, Ruud

S: Considine, Kaesviharn, Wendling, Leonhard, Piscitelli

CB: Dustin Fox, Matt Giordano, Eric Weddle, Steve Gregory, Nick Turnbull

KR: Bloom, Welker

K,P: best kicker and punter out there

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think a white team would be outstanding, but that to me is not a particularly relevant issue, which is why I don't participate in the various "best white team" threads here. To me the question is, how would 12, or 16, or 20, etc.,all or mostly white teams do in the NFL against 20, or 16, or 12 all or mostly black teams?

We could pick an all-black hockey team that might actually be semi-competitive against some NHL teams. But picking justa singlewhite football team to me is an acknowledgementof our present weakness. I think the NFL should be predominantly white based on objective and subjective criteria, which goes back to the core problems of racial slotting early on and then blatant discrimination in college recruiting.Fieldingone hypothetical powerhouse white team in an artificially engineered black-dominated league means little imo.

yanling

Guru
Don Wassall said:
I think a white team would be outstanding, but that to me is not a particularly relevant issue, which is why I don't participate in the various "best white team" threads here. To me the question is, how would 12, or 16, or 20, etc., all or mostly white teams do in the NFL against 20, or 16, or 12 all or mostly black teams?

We could pick an all-black hockey team that might actually be semi-competitive against some NHL teams. But picking just a single white football team to me is an acknowledgement of our present weakness. I think the NFL should be predominantly white based on objective and subjective criteria, which goes back to the core problems of racial slotting early on and then blatant discrimination in college recruiting. Fielding one hypothetical powerhouse white team in an artificially engineered black-dominated league means little imo.

True enough!

But how will the core problem of arbitrary slotting and race discrimination ever be solved, considering the present, poison racial climate in the USA today?

I think that if even just a few teams begin to start white men in glamor slots like premier running back, the black activists will start crying foul.

The status quo is arbitrary, and yet, there it is.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
yanling said:
Don Wassall said:
I think a white team would be outstanding, but that to me is not a particularly relevant issue, which is why I don't participate in the various "best white team" threads here. To me the question is, how would 12, or 16, or 20, etc., all or mostly white teams do in the NFL against 20, or 16, or 12 all or mostly black teams?

We could pick an all-black hockey team that might actually be semi-competitive against some NHL teams. But picking just a single white football team to me is an acknowledgement of our present weakness. I think the NFL should be predominantly white based on objective and subjective criteria, which goes back to the core problems of racial slotting early on and then blatant discrimination in college recruiting. Fielding one hypothetical powerhouse white team in an artificially engineered black-dominated league means little imo.

True enough!

But how will the core problem of arbitrary slotting and race discrimination ever be solved, considering the present, poison racial climate in the USA today?

I think that if even just a few teams begin to start white men in glamor slots like premier running back, the black activists will start crying foul.

I think the NFL will only change gradually, if/when it changes, sort of likethe reverse of how itwent blackoriginally over time. No team owner will go to a mostly white team because it would be too conspicuous. The last thing any "respectable" white person wants is to be branded as a "racist," especially one with a lot of wealth and power.

The Caste System is an entrenched and important part of a greater whole. The NFL is America's "opiate of the masses," and plays a keypart in the ongoing social, economicand racial revolutions taking place.The Caste System'snot going to go away any more than the present power structure in the U.S. is going to go away -- unless it's forced to. Certainly history can lurch dramatically at unexpected times, and many of us feel in our gut that thestatus quocan't continue to hold in America.

We may be a rearguard action here, or we are the harbinger of future change. All we can do is continue to try and raise awareness of what's going on and appeal to basic principles of fairness.

C Darwin

Mentor
I'm waiting for Brutal to post one of his famous lists.

mark b.

I honestly and unfortunately don't see the situation doing anything but getting worse. Between the continual decline in the white population and the lack of concern over this issue[except for this website] leads me to believe little is going to change. Until you attack the root of the problem which I perceive to be recruiting practices nothing will change, and this problem starts as early as pee wee football. I have personally experienced this myself. If you would stop any white person on the street and asked them about this problem they would think you were crazy for even thinking it was a problem in the first place.On a brighter note; I saw where Sam Mcguffie is rated the number ONE RB on Rivals.com. That's something to be thankful for.

Gary

Mentor
If it came down to the kicking game as many NFL games do the White team would win every game. The powers that be don't want to see a Csonka, Riggins or Alscot running over some colored boys-it's bad enough for them to see Wlad whip so many of them in boxing!!

backrow

Hall of Famer
who's Alscot?
smiley17.gif

20 of you think that an all white team would be a basement dweller?
smiley5.gif
Edited by: backrow

white is right

Hall of Famer
yanling said:
Don Wassall said:

True enough!

I don't think things are that bad. But the talking heads would immediately state the team needs an upgrade on talent. Ie Mike Furrey. I don't see the usual grandstanders (Sharpton and Jackson), protesting outside the MLB teams headquarters because some teams over the last few years have had virtually no black players.

The only way I see a mostly white team being allowed is if it is one of the best in the league. Then people will ask themselves why the hell they've been playing all these Black folks for?

yanling

Guru
Basement Dweller (noun): 1 - One who acquires the reputation of a perennial loser and spends most of his or her time ranked below the level of their contemporaries; i.e., in the basement.

(adjective) 2 - Describes the forlorn; i.e., The basement dweller black quarterback couldn't lead his team out of a patch of watermelons.

backrow said:
you tell me:

QB: Mannning, Brady, Quinn

RB: Lumsden, Evans, Tre Smith, Leonard, Karney

WR: Curtis, Gonzalez, Welker, Jurevicius, Gessner, Kasper, Standeford, Bloom

OL: a pick of 10 best white linemen

DE: Kampman, Jared Allen, Schobel, Roth, Olshansky, Justin Smith

DT: Anderson, Kyle Williams, Chris Hovan, Carriker, Bingham

LB: Urlacher, Posluszny, Hawk, Greenway, Bradley, Ruud

S: Considine, Kaesviharn, Wendling, Leonhard, Piscitelli

CB: Dustin Fox, Matt Giordano, Eric Weddle, Steve Gregory, Nick Turnbull

KR: Bloom, Welker

K,P: best kicker and punter out there

Awesome picks Backrow. There isn't a team on this planet (or any other) that would beat that team. However, I would make a few adjustments. I would have Matt Jones on there at wideout, and well as David Kircus. Also, Jehreme Urban and Travis McGriff would be on my team as well, both returning punts and recieving. Also, you forgot about Mike Furrey. The man had over a 1,000 yards recieving last year. We can't forget about him.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter you just ran into the "problem" that many fans should realize...

there are SO MANY talented white athletes out there, that the NFL should be FILLED with them!

only an artificially created system would prevent the cream from rising to the top.

backrow

Hall of Famer
exactly Jimmy. i could have listed many more players, but roster's got its limits
smiley2.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
backrow, I really enjoyed your list!

I really liked how you chose several young players as well as old. However, the sad part is, you also included guys who never "made it." It's truely sickening to think what kind of football stars these great young men could have and should have been.

personally, I really love this website, and wish that more sites would begin to appear on internet in years to come. not only to spread the word of what is happening in pro sports, but so that we can know that we're not alone in this fight.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Who's the troll that voted 14 for basement dwellers? Anyway, I didn't see Brandon Stokley listed. He had over 1000 yds a few seasons ago.

JonCurtis

Here would be my team, personal reasons, favorites, etc.

QB:peyton Mannning
Tom Brady
Brian Brohm (Louisville)

RB:Brian Leonard
Tre Smith
Jacob Hester (LSU)

FB:Mike Karney

WR:Matt Jones
Brandon Stokley
Kevin Curtis
Wes Welker
Anthony Gonzalez
Mike Furrey
Mike Hass

TE:Todd Heap
Greg Olsen

OL:Alan Faneca
Jordan Gross
Logan Mankins
Jon Jansen
Steve Hutchinson
Joe Staley
Nick Mangold
Chad Clifton
Matt Birk
Robert Gallery

LE:Jared Allen
Igor Olshansky
Justin Smith

RE:Kyle Vanden Bosch
Aaron Kampman

DT:Luis Castillo
Kelly Gregg
Adam Carriker
Craig Terrill

LOLB:paul Posluszny
Chad Greenway

MLB:Brian Urlacher
Barrett Ruud
Colin Mccarthy (MIami)

ROLB:AJ Hawk
James Laurinaitis (Ohio St.)

FS:John Lynch
Sabby Piscitelli

SS:Stuart Schweigert
Craig Steltz (LSU)

CB:Eric Weddle
Dustin Fox
Matt Giordano
John Wendling
Sean Considine

K:Adam Vinetari

P:Shane Lechler

Sean

Mentor
An all white team would dominate the NFL, no questions asked.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
An all white team would dominate the NFL, no questions asked.

I agree. Especially since whites have a monopoly on upper echelon quarterbacks.