The Gatorade Shower

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
jaxvid said:
"Dogpile"? Is that what they are calling it now? We had a different name for it when I was a kid.
smiley2.gif

Would you mind sharing that name with us, jaxvid?

John

N!ggerpile. We always called it that even with the black kids. Anyone else do that in their neighborhood?

Europe

Mentor
jaxvid said:
foreverfree said:
jaxvid said:
"Dogpile"? Is that what they are calling it now? We had a different name for it when I was a kid.
smiley2.gif

John

N!ggerpile. We always called it that even with the black kids. Anyone else do that in their neighborhood?

yes, that's what it was called. But we had no black kids in our neighborhood or town.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A "walk-off" home run in a mundane regular season game in baseball is celebrated more than teams used to after they won a World Series. Run of the mill tackles, runs, receptions and touchdowns are celebrated in football with great flair, which is oft-times orchestrated beforehand. ESPN and the rest of the Cultural Marxist media eat it up and thrive on it.
Blacks are masters of the celebration -- mostly stemming from their seemingly unquenchable need to draw attention to themselves, deservedly and (mostly) otherwise. As with fundamentals in the sports they participate in, celebrations have been degraded as a result, as "pop culture" glorifies everything they do.

Sports have been turned intoan importantequivalent of declining Rome's bread and circuses, the most popular form of entertainment and "release" for white "men," and the over-done celebration is an important part of it.Mark me down asless thanimpressed.Edited by: Don Wassall

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
"N!ggerpile" is unacceptable
smiley2.gif

GWTJ

Mentor
Every sport has its rituals for celebrating victories. Golfers will dive into a water hazard, race car drivers drink milk, track guys take a victory lap and in college hoops they cut the net down. Even hockey has a tradition for handing off the stanley Cup from one player to the next after they win it.

One could argue that all sports could use some new ways to celebrate but it really doesn't matter. It's so incredibly hard to get in position to celebrate as it is, why tell players what to do when they finally get there.

As for the perpetual celebrating of black players during games for even the smallest of successes, I agree wholeheartedly with Don.

bigunreal

Mentor
One aspect of the Gatorade shower ritual that hasn't been noted here is that it has always been black players that douse the coach. I don't think I've ever seen a white NFL player do it. I would imagine that some of these alleged "hard line" white coaches would not take quite so kindly to a white player participating in the "celebration."

white is right

Hall of Famer
When the ritual was in it's infancy it seemed only team leaders or the class clown type did this to the coach. I recall Jim Burt being one of the guys who did this to Parcells after a championship game win. I don't recall him doing it after SB XXI.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Europe said:
jaxvid said:
foreverfree said:
jaxvid said:
smiley2.gif

John

yes, that's what it was called. But we had no black kids in our neighborhood or town.

Ditto here...same term & no "bruthas/sistuhz" in my (red)neck of the woods (back then). The ol' "knock & run" prank was called "n___-knockin", jerryriggin was "n___-riggin" & a stick/club was called a "n____-stick". You can see the diverse, culturally rich environment I came up in!
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
After Georgia State's first game and win last week, head coach Bill Curry was doused with water. Trouble was, his affletes dropped the bucket on his head, knocking him to the turf where he laid for several minutes. He dismissed it the day after the game by saying:

One other facet of the game that the Panthers will likely need to
practice is dousing their coach with the post-game water bath. In the
aftermath of Thursday's win, Curry was knocked to the ground when
players slammed a water container into his head. Nearby staffers quickly
rushed to his side, concerned for his safety. He was fine.

"The Gatorade dunking was a shot to the head, which was a very
fortunate thing indeed because I have such a hard head," Curry joked
afterward. "I think whatever it was, one of those big Gatorade
containers, got away from somebody but it still felt good. Once I
realized I was okay, it felt fine. We probably need some work on that."Yeah coach, keep on dismissing it, just like everyone else does with stupid negro behavior.

GSU.jpg

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Riddlewire

Master
At his age, a blow to the head strong enough to knock him down/out will likely cause permanent brain damage. I'm not sure which scan checks for such things, but he needs one immediately. If he doesn't have a large blood clot forming in there, he could still suffer perpetual memory loss.