Strikeforce : Nashville (Hendo vs. Shields)

foobar75

Master
I really did not understand what was the matter with Mousasi. He had a blank expression on this face from the moment of introductions, and appeared to have a very poor strategy in place. I have never seen such pathetic take-down defense, and he almost didn't seem to care and did not want to be there.

As for Hendo, who knows, maybe the announcers were right, sometimes you just age in that one fight, and that's that. He certainly looked all of his 39 years after round 1, and it's totally out of question now any thought of him going back to UFC and get a rematch with Silva. Silva would destroy the Dan Henderson we saw last night.

The only MMA figher who has so far defied age is Randy Couture. That man is a cyborg and he's amazing. I think he can fighting into his 50s the way he's looked thus far.

hawkeye

Guru
I was very impressed with Sheilds. I can't stress this enough a solid ground game is cruical in mma. There are so many great strikers that are horrible at mma because they have no ground game or takedown defense ex. Kit Cope, Bada Hari, Vernon White, JAMES TONEY, Kimbo Slice, Houston Alexander.
Also Dan Gable would have crushed Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
Why aren't you guys happy that Shields won? Is he not white?

I wanted Shields to win. I normally root for the younger fighter whenever two whites square off. Also, Henderson is part native American, so Shields is "whiter."Â￾

Shields would be similar to GSP if only he could muster any amount of striking ability. At least he's "one dimensional"Â￾ in the best skill for a fighter to possess in American MMA, BJJ and wrestling.

The next Strikeforce event will feature the ridiculous match-up of Rodgers vs. Overeem for the heavyweight belt on May 15th (on Showtime). I'm not quite sure who I should be rooting for in that fight. If Rodgers were to win, he will be made into the Great Black Hope of MMA"¦and Overeem won't defend his HW belt for another 3 years if he wins.

Fedor's management team continues to tarnish his career (in the eyes of the DWFs) by failing to sign with the UFC.

JD074

Master
Sounds good, guys. For a second I thought maybe Shields was part Asian or something. lol. I like Henderson, too. But I'm glad Shields won. He just manhandled Hendo. A pretty amazing upset.