Semmy Schilt wins K-1 World GP

G

Semmy Schilt, who has had mixed results in MMA (23-14-1), recently won K-1's World Grand Prix. He dominated his competition.

Schilt first got the unanimous decision against Ray Sefo.

Schilt then fought two-time K-1 Grand Prix champion Remy Bonjasky. Schilt took him down twice with kicks, Bonjansky didn't recover from the second one.

Semmy then KO'ed Glaube Feitosa with a knee to the head 48 seconds into round 1.

1102-Schilt.jpg

6'11 tall Semmy Schilt

21840_sm.jpg

Remy Bonjansky after being beaten by Schilt.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting this, and the pics, panzer. Without the pic I'd have thought BONJANSKY was Polish. Silly me.

moose

Guru
bojansky should be called boojansky, schilt is 7 feet tall and weighs 280 pounds, I saw all of the fights and schilt is very good k1 is an exciting fighting sport. Ruslan Karaev is a very good kick boxer from russia who fought at k1 but lost a very close decision to mushashi, karaev is fast about 210 pounds and 23 years old, he is going to be a great one

White_Savage

Mentor
I find it interesting that a "B" quality MMA fighter out-fought the competition in K-1. This is opposite the usual hierarchy of talent that some would claim.

Anyone ever see that fight where Ernesto "The alleged Greatest kickboxer ever" Hoost lost to Bob Sapp? The giant took a brutal beating from Hoost for a few rounds. Then Sapp cornered Hoost and began to hit him repeatedly with his crude swinging punches, causing the ref to stop it and give Sapp the TKO. Unfortunately, Sapp broke his hand doing so, and could not continue.

Meanwhile, Mirko Cro-Cop knocked out Sapp both brutally and easily. What does this tell us, boys and girls?

G

White_Savage said:
Anyone ever see that fight where Ernesto "The alleged Greatest kickboxer ever" Hoost lost to Bob Sapp? The giant took a brutal beating from Hoost for a few rounds. Then Sapp cornered Hoost and began to hit him repeatedly with his crude swinging punches, causing the ref to stop it and give Sapp the TKO. Unfortunately, Sapp broke his hand doing so, and could not continue.

Hoost got his revenge........ in a pro wrestling match
smiley36.gif

ernesto%20show.JPG

030119-01.jpg

Anyway, Semmy Schilt will be fighting Ernesto Hoost on K-1's New Years show.

fighter_18.jpg

JD074

Master
Schilt has gained a lot of weight since he beat Peter Williams. Anybody know how long ago that was? I just saw it on Ultimate Knockouts #2 on SpikeTV. He was quite the physical specimen back then. Edited by: JD074

G

JD074 said:
Schilt has gained a lot of weight since he beat Peter Williams. Anybody know how long ago that was? I just saw it on Ultimate Knockouts #2 on SpikeTV. He was quite the physical specimen back then.

UFC 31 - May 4, 2001